Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
Leo Santa Cruz has vacated his IBF bantamweight title to move up to 122 pounds.
Look out Donaire, Rigo and Mares :youngsabo:

Wladimir Klitschko Explains Alexander Povetkin Situation - Boxing News
By Tim Kudgis

I recently had the opportunity to speak with undisputed heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko about the potential showdown with WBA "regular champion" Alexander Potvekin. He spoke about his frustrations with the last two occasions these men were schedule to meet as well as his respect for Povetkin but lack of faith in his team. Here is what Wladimir had to say on his interest with finally meeting Povetkin in the ring:

"I have a great interest [in facing him]. I need to say that the way his guys are handling is frustrating and laughable on my side. I believe his purse the first time was 3.2 million and the second time it was 4 million which I believe is a great amount of money to make the fight. I remember when I was supposed to fight Povetkin the first time in 2010 I think maybe it was 2011 but i think it was 2010 I was expecting him at the press conference, or at least one of his representatives. It was just so disrespectful to not show up at the press conference. I'm sorry, we are professionals. We are in a sport where we have a chance to get a lot of money and get paid. You have to have respect to come or send a representative to make a statement about what has happened."

"Instead I did not see any managers and I did not see any promoters. I am not blaming Alexander, I heard he is a good guy. I never met him but I heard he is a good guy but the people around him like his promoter it was just something ridiculous. I did almost everything to make it happen but at the end of the day I did not see any of the guys at the press conference. No coach showed up. His managers are German and it was in Germany in Frankfurt. They could have at least took a train or a cab just to get to Frankfurt and show up. I am really not happy about that so of course I am looking forward to fighting this guy."

"The statements that they make just show they are not serious. I am really concerned again that I will waste my time. We will negotiate and then we are going to win the purse again. Then again nobody is going to show up at the press conference. I really am kind of frustrated with this think but like i said i am really looking forward to this fight. I think and I hope that it is eventually going to happen. Boxing fans know the history of me and Povetkin and as I said before I respect him as a fighter, he is an Olympic champion and WBA regular champion. I respect him as a fighter and as a person even if I never met him. I am just really concerned about the team that works for him. I was frustrated last time but I hope the fight is going to happen of course. "

Hmmm........I believe it...........but please pick someone other than Pinata :snoop:

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
Khan's a bytch and I hate to say that about a boxer, but josesito went from 135 to 147 with no problem and actually carried his power. Khan would get his ass beat from post to post by Lopez.
how long has ortiz been out of action?

:bryan: Now Khans a bytch?? I can understand the criticism for losing to overrated Danny Garcia, but calling him a bytch is farfetched... At least he hasn't made a career of ducking top fighters or fighting guys over the hill... Dude just needed to improve his defense... If he does this then 147 shouldn't be a problem

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
:what:

Bruh they said the same thing about Marquez and Pacquiao.
Right because Khan fights just like JMM and Paquiao...:rudy:

Khan's problem is he's an inherently stupid boxer who puts himself in bad situations and can't take a punch...

Moving up in weight where guys naturally hit harder will simply not work out for him...you can change a lot of things but you cannot change a fighters instincts and that unfortunately for Khan will always be his achilles heel...

L68

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i can see alvarado beating rios this time and them having a third fight

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
:bryan: Now Khans a bytch?? I can understand the criticism for losing to overrated Danny Garcia, but calling him a bytch is farfetched... At least he hasn't made a career of ducking top fighters or fighting guys over the hill... Dude just needed to improve his defense... If he does this then 147 shouldn't be a problem

I guess Khan didnt fight :flabbynsick: barrera or Zab

Obviously Khan dnt think he can farewell at 147 otherwise he wouldnt stay asking for catchweights against C level comp

Khan is an exciting fighter to watch N dude got heart but his chin is no good....jumping up 7 pounds will expose that even more....in his last fight dude was fighting a scrub N his legs were shaky:ld:

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
khan has flaws but his biggest issue is his commitment to the sport itself, he fights like twice a year (more recently) and now he is getting married very soon, all of these things will play a very damaging role to his future bouts..Goldenboy will probably cash him out this year..
Then again his family manages him and most likely cashing his name out while he is hot and popular.

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Obviously Khan dnt think he can farewell at 147 otherwise he wouldnt stay asking for catchweights against C level comp

I dont think Lopez is C level competition, him vs khan would have been a good fight.
shyt lopez jumped u 14lbs to fight Canelo, dude has heart

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
I dont think Lopez is C level competition, him vs khan would have been a good fight.

There was an article/interview with Bro Nazeem Richardson last year, he touched on amir khan and how he was shocked to discover the certain body proportions of amir were far from developed enough for 140 let alone 147. Man, i can't remember the exact words in his points but he pretty much nailed it regarding Amir, he can put on so much weight but he will still get put on his bike.
We could agree to disagree but Ariza may have played an intricate part?

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago

Id never question Lopez' heart...but I had dude losing to Ortiz before he quit :manny: I see nothin special in Lopez hes a solid contender...Now sayin that of course id love to see Khan vs Lopez

Khan wanted a catch weight to fight Senchenko:heh:

SuikodenII

Daps
BISMARCK, N.D. -- North Dakota's fight commissioner has suspended an Iowa boxer for allegedly taking a dive 13 seconds into a bout against former Minnesota Vikings and Atlanta Falcons defensive end Ray Edwards.

Al Jaeger, the secretary of state and overseer of combative sports events in North Dakota, said it's clear from video of Saturday's fight that Nicholas Capes wasn't hit before he dropped to the canvas soon after the opening bell.

"As we move ahead, we'll take appropriate action as the investigation review unfolds," Jaeger told The Forum.

Event promoter Cory Rapacz said Capes -- a cruiserweight -- was a last-minute replacement for a couple of no-show boxers and didn't realize what he was getting into before stepping into the ring with the much larger Edwards, who fights as a heavyweight.

"I feel terrible for him," Rapacz told WDAY-TV. "[Capes] got scared and looked for a way out."

Edwards was a fourth-round draft choice of the Vikings in 2006. He had nearly 30 sacks in five seasons with the team, and signed as a free agent with the Falcons in July 2011. The team released him last November.

Rapacz told KVLY-TV officials expected Capes to try, but he said the backlash against the boxer is unfair. A telephone listing for Capes in Cedar Falls, Iowa, could not immediately be found.

The event also included a victory by heavyweight Aaron Green, a former North Dakota State basketball player, and an appearance by former world champion Virgil Hill, a North Dakota native, Rapacz told The Forum.

The incident angered some fans, including Bryan Domholt.

"Tickets were 50 bucks apiece. That's a lot of money to spend on a fake sanctioned event," he said.

:laff:

The fukkery of 2013 never stops :blessed:

Last edited by a moderator:

SuikodenII

Daps
Heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko’s next IBF mandatory challenger was supposed to be the winner of an elimination bout that was ordered between Tomasz Adamek and Kubrat Pulev.

The camps had not gotten very far in their discussions to make the fight and on Wednesday Adamek announced that he was declining the bout, claiming he has a bigger offer to face an undisclosed opponent in his native Poland.

"I have been offered an opportunity to fight in Poland for far more money than I would get for fighting Kubrat Pulev,” Adamek said in a statement. “Meaning no disrespect to Pulev, he has never held a major title and never headlined a televised card. Any money generated by the promotion would, for the most part, be generated by my popularity. I owe it to my family to engage in the most financially rewarding bouts, and engaging in a bout with Kubrat Pulev at this time simply does not make financial sense.

“I have spoken with the president of the IBF, Daryl Peoples, and informed him that, for the above reasons, I have withdrawn from the IBF box-off. I also thanked the IBF for the support it has shown me and the sport of boxing over the past years.”

Adamek (49-2, 29 KOs) is doing the wise thing in my view. The former cruiserweight champ and light heavyweight titlist is 36, took a bad beating from Vitali Klitschko in a 10th-round knockout loss in a 2011 heavyweight title fight and has not looked good since.

Adamek has won four fights in a row since the loss to Klitschko, but he was lucky to escape with a decisions against Eddie Chambers and Steve Cunningham and he got dropped by journeyman Travis Walker. I think Pulev (17-0, 9 KOs), 31, of Bulgaria, would have waxed Adamek.

If Adamek truly can make a lot more money to fight somebody else in Poland -- almost assuredly a lesser opponent-- you can’t blame him for doing what’s best for his bank account at this late stage of his career.

As for Pulev, the IBF will now order him to face its next leading available contender, which is Philadelphia’s Bryant Jennings (16-0, 8 KOs). Pulev-Jennings is a very interesting fight between emerging contenders.

fukk Adamek...

Jennings/Pulev though :salute:

SuikodenII

Daps
Golden Boy Promotions has announced that HBO will televise the 12-round WBC super middleweight title eliminator between unbeaten number one rated contender Nikola Sjekloca and number two rated contender Sakio “The Scorpion” Bika before Adrien Broner defends his world title against Gavin Rees on Saturday at Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City, New Jersey. Bika-Sjekloca replaces the heavyweight rematch between Johnathon Banks and Seth Mitchell that was KO’d after Banks suffered a broken thumb.

The non-televised undercard will feature a USBA junior middleweight title fight between Charles Whittaker and Demetrius Hopkins, a junior lightweight bout pitting Vicente Escobedo against Edner Cherry and appearances by 2012 United States Olympians Rau’Shee Warren and Jamel Herring.

Coo :ehh:

SuikodenII

Daps
Photo: Floyd Mayweather Jr. Reunites With Dad For May 4 - Boxing News
floyd-mayweather-jr.jpg

WBC welterweight king Floyd Mayweather Jr. announced on the social networks that he officially reunited with his father, Floyd Mayweather Sr. Big Floyd will train his son for the upcoming title defense on May 4th at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. Floyd Sr. trained his son in the early part of his career - until the two of them had a falling out and then uncle Roger Mayweather took over. Roger has been dealing with health issues for the last few months and Floyd Sr. has stepped in as head trainer. Over the last few years Floyd Sr. has trained a number of top fighters - including Oscar De La Hoya, Ricky Hatton and Chad Dawson.

The May 4th opponent is still unknown. Robert Guerrero is viewed by insiders as the frontrunner, despite Floyd Jr. naming IBF champion Devon Alexander as the frontrunner last week.

Mayweather Jr. wrote - "Me & my trainer (my dad) back working together getting ready for May 4th."

Black Excellence :to:

I feel sorry for whoever he faces on May 4th, they're getting that ass WHOOPED :whoo: