Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Arturo Gatti vs. Micky Ward: Just as Great Years Later

Arturo Gatti vs. Micky Ward II: November 23, 2002
I had forgotten how thoroughly Gatti dominated the second fight. Whereas the first fight was great because it was such a back-and-forth battle, the second fight was great because Ward wouldn't quit even though Gatti was obviously getting the best of him.

Gatti knocked Ward down in the third round with a punch he would later describe as the hardest he ever threw, and it took a lot of heart for Ward just to make it through the third on his wobbly legs. But Ward did a lot more than that; he kept coming forward for seven more rounds and went the distance.

Gatti, however, showed that he had just as much heart as Ward, and superior boxing skills: Gatti won the fight by scores of 98-91, 98-91 and 98-90, and even that might have been a little generous to Ward. This was a dominant victory for Gatti.

Give it up breh, like I said you dont know shyt about boxing you just make up anything that support your agenda :stopitslime:

okay
i thought you were trollin but your clearly just a idiot

i never said gatti ward 2 was close
im saying their first fight was da fight of da year and one of da best fights ever
so they HAD to have a rematch. gatti won it easily, but guess what? one more fight was still needed to break the tie

i dont no why you are posting links
you are very slow homie

why are you comparing one of da greatest boxing trilogies of all time to marquez vs mayweather?

marquez already admitted mayweather is too hard to hit and already bowed down. dere was nothing exciting or intriguing left to discuss about the fight. mayweather embarassed him in a one sided blowout and thats that. da fight would go exactly da same. everyone recognizes this except you:what:

Grams

Grams Grands Gucci G'd Up
Daps
Reppin
Eastside
AIBA has made several rule changes that will be announced on or about February 15, 2013.

· The age range for elite men’s and women’s boxers will now be 19-40 years old. The upcoming USA Boxing National Championships in Spokane, Washington, will have Youth (17-18 years old) and Elite (19-40 years old) age divisions.

· For the ELITE MALES ONLY, all international competition after June 1 will be without headgear. There will be no changes to the equipment for the female boxers and the non-elite male age groups.

· Scoring will go to a 10 point must system — there will not be a “punch count” scoring system

· The number and duration of rounds will stay the same

USA Boxing did not make the new rules. Countries throughout the world are asking for these changes. They want to restore Boxing to what they see as the “Golden Age.” They do not see it as a safety issue because of the changes in the engineering of boxing gloves. As a member of the Community of Boxing Nations, we must decide how to implement these changes.

We want your input. Everything below is part of the discussion on how to address the removal of headgear for the Elite Men’s Division internationally. Please send your thoughts to the USA Boxing Office to Lynette Smith, USA Boxing Membership Director, at lsmith@usaboxing.org.

To me, no American Boxer should be forced to compete without headgear if they do not wish to do so. What protection does headgear offer the elite male boxer? It decreases cuts. To box without headgear, coaches will have to teach athletes to keep their heads and hands up, and learn the proper technique of getting into a clinch without butting heads. This equipment change will impact how our athletes train and they will need to train to prepare for this change in our sport.

1. Advantages of Headgear:

a. Fewer cuts

b. Athletes are accustomed to competing with head gear

c. Removal of headgear may cause some ELITE Male Athletes or Groups to drop out of Boxing

2. Advantages of “NO Headgear”

a. Concussion: Studies have shown that headgear caused twice as many concussions as competing without headgear as concluded in a study of over 15,000 Boxer Rounds. Less than ½ as many concussions resulted when headgear was not used in Elite Males.

b. The Kazakhstan National Championships were conducted without headgear. There were 169 bouts with only one concussion, and with no loss of consciousness. This is lower than we have been seeing in the United States and International Tournaments with headgear.

c. Only Athletes who compete without headgear will be allowed to compete internationally and qualify for the USA Boxing National Team.

We want your input. We need the best policy to deal with the new Headgear rule. Below is my suggested solution:

· Let’s set up two tournaments at the National Championships for Elite Men (19-40 years old) in two categories

o #1 – One Ring for those who want to wear headgear

§ Winning Athletes will be USA Boxing Senior National Champions

o #2 – One Ring for the Elite Athletes who think they can win International medals and want to win Olympic Gold

§ Winning Athletes will be USA Boxing Elite National Champions

§ Our training efforts will be focused on these athletes, providing them with international experience, and working with them and their coaches so they can represent their country and win medals for the United States!

§ We can concentrate on helping those Athletes who want to become “American Heroes” like Ali, Frazier, Foreman, Roy Jones, De la Hoya, Ward, etc. to fulfill their dreams. As history shows, those who win an Olympic medal are richly rewarded for the sacrifices they make early in their career.

Two National Championships is one solution that would force no one to box without Headgear and allow the few top Athletes to receive special training and compete for the United States in World and Olympic Competition.

MustafaSTL

Achievement In Every Field of Human Endeavor
Daps
Nathaniel Campbell might fukk around and die out there! :damn:

yawn

All Star
Supporter
Daps
thank god...they stopped the shyt :whew:...i didn't want to see the nikka being carried out from the ring from taking one too many

Didn't watch but I read that Bizier wasn't overly impressive.

Looking like Donaire vs Rigo is a go and it's taking place in NYC.

:salute: to TR for placing 2 good fights in my city and I'll attempt to attend but still :pacspit: at Arum.

Also seems that Ponce De Leon vs Velez will take place in Harlem, USA and Russell Jr will be on the undercard :obama:

JohnStarksMiddleFinger

Benz L. Bo$$ington
Daps
Reppin
North Carolina
Didn't watch but I read that Bizier wasn't overly impressive.

Looking like Donaire vs Rigo is a go and it's taking place in NYC.

:salute: to TR for placing 2 good fights in my city and I'll attempt to attend but still :pacspit: at Arum.

Also seems that Ponce De Leon vs Velez will take place in Harlem, USA and Russell Jr will be on the undercard :obama:

Myyyyyy nikka Russell Jr :obama:

I hope he this is his year