Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
LM has all the offensive tools and has the capability to develop his defensive tools, his chin is rock solid and obviously he punches extremely hard, and since the judah/alexander fights he's stepped his game up significantly
wasn't broner getting tagged by DeMarco?
didn't sergio get his nose broken by darren barker?
sometimes that shyt just happens

Who has he stepped it up against?

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
They've been working that sob story since the Berto fight. She's got cancer and he's paying for the treatment by fighting.

Get ready to hear it a millions a times again for the Mayweather fight

:laugh: it seems harsh but it really is true.

ENOUGH ABOUT THE CANCER, STOP MILKING IT :avb:

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Who has he stepped it up against?

shyt who at 140 that doesn't have a fight right now would fight lucas? Yea he's fought not top notch competition but he has looked extremely impressive in all those fights
whenever rios or garcia fight LM we will see, but I believe everything will translate

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Khabib Allakhverdiev will defend his WBA junior welterweight title on March 30 against Breidis Prescott, in the HBO co-feature to the Brandon Rios-Mike Alvarado rematch, BoxingScene.com reports.

Allakhverdiev (18-0, 8 KO) recently signed a deal with Top Rank, which helps them bolster their 140-147 pound ranks a little bit. It's entirely possible that the winner of the Rios-Alvarado rematch would face the winner of the Allakhverdiev-Prescott fight later in the year. The main event is for the interim WBO title.

Prescott (26-4, 20 KO) is best known for his win over Amir Khan in 2008, and since then has had mixed results, going 6-4 in his last ten fights. He did have a great fight against Alvarado in 2011, losing via tenth round TKO in a fight he had largely controlled.

It was previously believed that Allakhverdiev would face Karim Mayfield, and Prescott was supposedly ready to face Victor Cayo on an episode of Friday Night Fights.

this is a card that i can fukk with:smugdraper:

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
i might even look into being there live....they got some good ticket prices there on stubhub

that would be so sick to see live
my big questions are, will Alvarado box more than try to slug it out? And when they get into inside fighting will Rios be able to use his footwork again to get more leverage on his shots?

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
that would be so sick to see live
my big questions are, will Alvarado box more than try to slug it out? And when they get into inside fighting will Rios be able to use his footwork again to get more leverage on his shots?

i think alvarado will play it safe as long as his stamina holds up and he doesn't get tired in the later rounds like he usually does

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
After a thorough review, the WBO World Championship Committee has ruled that the decision in the WBO junior lightweight bout between WBO champion Roman “Rocky” Martinez and #1 contender and mandatory challenger Juan Carlos Burgos and contested in Madison Square Garden in New York, New York on January 19 th was not substantially irregular or a clear misapplication of the rules of boxing resulting in a manifest unfairness, and therefore will not recommend the WBO Executive Committee that there be a direct return fight.

:pacspit:

Right now in the U.K, fight fans everywhere are practically salivating at the prospect of a fight between unbeaten, hugely talented super-bantamweights Scott Quigg and Carl Frampton. In light of Frampton’s impressive stoppage of the dangerous Kiko Martinez, the would-be clash – that would see two young fighters with a combined record of 41-0 (29) going at it – looks even more tantalising.

Refreshingly, both fighters want the showdown, and in speaking exclusively with Fightnews.com, interim WBA 122-pound champ Quigg said he thinks the fight will take place “at the back end of this year.”

“I’d give Frampton a seven out of ten for his win on Saturday,” Quigg said today, direct from Joe Gallagher’s gym in Manchester.

“It was his first real test and he didn’t have things all his own way. He was asked questions he’d never been asked before. He came out on top. There were a few things he did wrong – he took too many shots in my opinion – but he chipped away at Martinez and he stopped him late, which is just what I thought would happen.”

Currently training hard for his next fight (Scott said he has a “big announcement” due this week, most likely on Friday; when he hopes to announce his next opponent), Quigg, 25-0(18) says he wants Frampton, but is prepared to let the fight grow and grow into something even bigger.

“I want him and he wants me,” Scott continued. “It will happen this year, the public demand will make it happen. This fight is just behind David Price and Tyson Fury in terms of public demand, and that fight’s absolutely massive. These are the sort of fights you want as a fighter. My next fight will hopefully be announced this week, we’re looking at a big announcement at the back end of this week. I’d like to get one, maybe two more fights in first, and then fight Carl in November. He’s supposed to be going for the IBF title, and if he wins that we could maybe have a massive unification. The fight would be even bigger than it would be now.”

Quigg won the interim WBA title with his November 2012 stoppage win over Rendall Munroe and he believes he will be ready for the absolute best, in Nonito Donaire and Guillermo Rigondeaux, “in 18-months time.”

“I see myself as two to three fights off those elite fighters, they [Donaire and Rigondeaux] are special fighters. When I’ve had more experience at championship level, I’ll be ready for them. As to who the absolute best in the world is, we should find out in April, aren’t they supposed to fight? We’ll see then. But I think I’m just behind them. You’ve got good fighters, like Victor Terrazas, who Munroe beat, who are just behind the very elite. I’m right there with those fighters. I think I’m around 18-months away from reaching my peak. To be honest, people haven’t seen what I can really do yet. No disrespect to Rendall, but that (second) fight (TKO6) was so comfortable for me. I didn’t get out of second gear. I’m not lying, because if I am, I know I’ll get found out at top level. I was shocked at how comfortable I felt. I want to be tested. That fight was a test, but I came through with flying colours.”

The big fights will surely come for Quigg, and Scott believes his promoter Ricky Hatton can work with Matchroom and get the Frampton fight made.

“I think they can do it. They will definitely do it. That fight will happen this year.”

In time, Quigg sees himself moving up to featherweight.

“I want the big fights at super-bantamweight first, but I can see myself moving up. But I make the weight very comfortably. Whenever a fighter struggles to make weight, it’s down to lack of discipline; cheating on your diet. You have to do what you have to do. You have to have that discipline. But later on, I think in all honesty my best division will be featherweight. I’ll have matured by then, my body will have matured and I’ll be more of a man. That will come in around two years I think.”

Stay tuned for Quigg’s planned announcement on Friday.

Frampton-Quigg would be :ohlawd:

Neither are ready for a Rigo/Donaire though :whoa:

...Donaire ain't even ready for a Rigo :youngsabo:

(For the RECORD, I WILL BET ANYONE on a Rigo-Donaire fight, loser banned for a month--sure Brooklynzoo will allow it :ld: )