Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps

Also...

On the hardest hitter he ever faced:

“The hardest puncher I fought (long pause) that’s a real tough one. I dished out a lot more punishment than I ever took. But I’d have to say Joe Calzaghe. Joe was not a one-punch KO kind of guy, but he overwhelmed guys; he had those ridiculous combinations! And I deviated from my game-plan that night, and we just warred; we went two-to-toe for 12-rounds. It was a battle of heart and guts. Joe was just a great technical, mentally draining, puncher.”

Straight from Charles Brewer's mouth...Calslappy was no chump and should NEVER be compared to Sven Ottke

Last edited by a moderator:

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
So what your sayin is Lacy wasnt hyped up to the hills before the Calzaghe fight by the American media

Not by me, I know boxing, 160-168 has lacked talent for the last 20 years, how dare you put yourself on a throne without facing the 5 or so good fighters from that middleweight class

Hype job yeah bit not by me, it takes more than ko a few espn bums to win me over

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
So what your sayin is Lacy wasnt hyped up to the hills before the Calzaghe fight by the American media

hell yeah he was hyped...nikka was beating down fighters...shoot i was a major lacy fan..had the everlast gel hand wrap gloves that he endorsed that i used when hitting the speed and the double ended bag...even today i get :sadcam: when i think about how far he's fallen

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
hell yeah he was hyped...nikka was beating down fighters...shoot i was a major lacy fan..had the everlast gel hand wrap gloves that he endorsed that i used when hitting the speed and the double ended bag...even today i get :sadcam: when i think about how far he's fallen

:bryan:

:umad:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Joe Calzaghe: Good USA Feature on Joe - YouTube

Also...

Straight from Charles Brewer's mouth...Calslappy was no chump and should NEVER be compared to Sven Ottke

And people forgettin he put Eubank down in the 1st round of their fight. Calzaghes problem was that he had brittle hands. In the last 2-3 years of his career he didnt even do proper sparrin just to protect his hands.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
And people forgettin he put Eubank down in the 1st round of their fight. Calzaghes problem was that he had brittle hands. In the last 2-3 years of his career he didnt even do proper sparrin just to protect his hands.

yeah which is he damn near flurried non stop all 12 rounds...it does take a lot of stamina to have a fighting style like that..calzaghe wasn't a bad fighter and he sure as hell wasn't like ottke..but any fighter that goes on record that he didn't want any hard fights and shyt like that...i can't respect them

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset

Eubank was at the tale end of his career, he primed very early. He was semi-retired & fought Joe at a weight he hadn't fought at in years.

Just about every super middleweight has some power. Joe may not of been feather fisted as such but quite clearly he did not hit very hard. He stopped guys from an accumulation and often the stoppages was disgustingly premature.........

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
WBO/Ring Magazine and WBC Diamond Belt super bantamweight champion Nonito “The Filipino Flash” Donaire will go after the WBA title of undefeated Guillermo Rigondeaux in Las Vegas on April 27.

Top Rank promoter Bob Arum told BoxingScene.com/Manila Standard that any talk about Donaire fighting on a possible Manny Pacquiao fight card planned for April was “nonsense.”
:blessed:

What does Mares do in the mean time? Fight Wilfredo Vazquez Jr.?

According to sources with knowledge of the situation, IBO/IBF/WBA/WBO heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko (59-3, 50KOs) is looking to make a voluntary defense of the title on April 6th. The WBA had ordered Wladimir to make a defense against "regular" champion Alexander Povetkin (25-0, 17KOs). The two camps have until January 17th to reach an agreement. Klitschko's side have already submitted their request, but Povetkin's promoter, Sauerland Event, are fighting Klitschko's request. It will be up to the World Boxing Association to sort things out.
Wait, what? :wtf:

According to a report in The Sun, there are ongoing discussions for Amir Khan (27-3, 19KOs) to face former welterweight champion Vyacheslav Senchenko (33-1, 22KOs) in Manchester, England. Khan is attempting to persuade Senchenko to come down to 140-pounds, but appears to be open to the idea of taking the fight at 147 as well.

:ehh:

Please prove me wrong and pull off the upset :to:

Last edited by a moderator:

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
Article Link - Donaire vs. Rigondeaux on 4/27 in Vegas, Says Arum
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

By Ronnie Nathanielsz

WBO/Ring Magazine and WBC Diamond Belt super bantamweight champion Nonito “The Filipino Flash” Donaire will go after the WBA title of undefeated Guillermo Rigondeaux in Las Vegas on April 27.
:whoo::blessed:

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps

:krs: Kunty found the one Lacy stan that can make his opinion legitimate

:huhldup: @ Khan - Senchenko. No power, straight up boxer. Made to order for Khan.