Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
In a battle of 40-somethings, it’s looking like 44-year-old Roy Jones (56-8, 40 KOs) could be facing former Irish champ, 48-year-old Steve Collins (36-3, 21 KOs) in England this April. Collins hasn’t fought since 1997. Jones is on a two-bout win streak, following three losses.

:wtf: :mindblown:

SuikodenII

Daps
that is beyond a damn joke!

Yo who is looking forward to Geale vs Mundine? Geale should do a job on Tony!

Geale can't afford to take his foot off the gas and now and take a loss, especially after taking a close decision against Sturm IN Germany of all places

On an unrelated note...I feel like Puerto Rico is gonna be taking some loses on Saturday...

I got Burgos with the upset, decision. Martinez has the one-punch fight changer though...but I can't see him out-boxing Burgos
GGG KO round 7
and Salido UD Garcia (both Mexicano but putting it out there anyway)

EDIT: Actually I think he might stop Garcia :leon:

SuikodenII

Daps
yeah, I read about this one yesterday :snoop:

I think Collins has brain damage too, which is why he was forced to retire in the first place.

Controversy surrounded the fight, as it was rumored that Collins would have to fight Calzaghe before a showdown with Jones. Collins had accepted this and started to prepare to fight Calzaghe. In his preparation training for the fight that was never to be, Collins collapsed during sparring. Although tests and a brain scan didn't find any problems, he decided that it was a warning to make him stop boxing, and he retired for a second time.

from wikipedia...

:sadcam: damn sparring...

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
Roy wants to die in the ring apparently.

Watch this terrible fight go the distance too because Roy's gonna be on the ropes trying to counter-punch like it's 1999.

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset

People don't understand Roy hand no big money fights in his career, yeah he was a star but each star need popular altenative, and BHOP, Tarver wasn't that unfortunately and he missed out on the Tito payday and Lenox after he lost to Tarver, he's making million plus fighting Euro bums eating well, win or lose, I can't be mad, at Roy hustling

I see Manny going out the same way turn his nose up at career high payday to fight bums for pennies, he's already going through the first phase of that harsh reality, post world shattering ko, rushing back to fight Apr, then.............

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
Calzaghe was about to fight a brain damaged injured fighter prone to random collapses

did that come after the mandatory 40+ age requirement and 'shot' status? or after?

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
Roy wants to die in the ring apparently.

Watch this terrible fight go the distance too because Roy's gonna be on the ropes trying to counter-punch like it's 1999.

He has no jab, so he can't stand in the middle of the ring darting in and out recklessly without fearing the counter. He still fears getting that chin touched, his pshyce just wasn't the same post Tarver

Ironic how a Roid cheat in Tarver who came into his prime at like 36, beat the Royyyy, who boxing powers to be tried to erase his steroid past

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
Calzaghe was about to fight a brain damaged injured fighter prone to random collapses

did that come after the mandatory 40+ age requirement and 'shot' status? or after?

Dont talk about Calslappy

Last edited by a moderator:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
:to: Leave my Retired Unbeaten Supermiddleweight Champ alone. Even tho hes a taff he was born in my area :lawd:

And blame Warren for not gettin fights set up

Made Roy look really silly, sad times.

Eubank put Collins into retirement :lawd: