Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
I loved that Hatton fight...

I never seen a more obvious big money fight to go all in on...

I bet big on Floyd by KO and won big...:win:

Yeah I think I walked away with like $1500 on that fight. I bet on Floyd winning and then Floyd by KO. I think I missed on like 1200 by 1 round on which round Mayweather would drop him in.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
yeah i know..tc-boxing i got a 2 ratio so im good there...thats what im doing for wbva....i downloaded the mike alvarado vs carlos molina fight which is a gig and a rare fight..ive been seeding it...im about 500mb away from having that ratio at .5

i do like to participate and network to download fights..i got like 250 Gigs of fights..there are some rare ones im looking for that others might have so thats why i tolerate the ratios and the process

I'm sitting at a 5.47 ratio on TC-Boxing. I've only downloaded like 2GB off of there though but seeded around 11.

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
That Ken Burns Jack Johnson documentary, "Unforgivable Blackness" came on PBS last night. I watched it before but got sucked into watching it again last night because its just that great

I assume almost everyone has seen it but, if you're haven't, you're missing out. Its on Netflix and Hulu. Check it out. Hell its even worth a second watch which I found out last night.

:lawd: @ Jack Johnson's swag

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Floyd made Ricky Hatton a shot fighter?:heh:

Yall just be repeating whatever Floyd says huh?:russ:

Floyd had all the advantages in that fight.

Taller, faster, longer arm reach, better boxer, better defensively, AND Ricky came UP in weight to fight Floyd....who didnt see Floyd winning that fight?:what:

Las Vegas had Floyd as more than 3-1 favorite in that fight lol

Floyd took a "risk":usure:

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
Technically he cracked his chin and Hatton's chin was never the same.

Got rocked by Juan Lazcano :heh: then fought Paulie

All the punches he was taking, especially in the Tzsyu fight, I think was as much mental as physical. Warrior spirit brehs. But the one that you don't see coming hurts you the most.

Losing that 0 hurt Hatton like fukk, I think Floyd would go through the same spiral if he lost. The hole just gets deeper the longer you keep that 0.

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago

Taller, faster, longer arm reach, better boxer, better defensively, AND Ricky came UP in weight to fight Floyd....who didnt see Floyd winning that fight?:what:

Before Floyd fought Hatton he fought DLH at 154....so you expected him to go frm 154 all the way down to 140 were he hadn't fought since Gatti??:aicmon:

If Floyd aint ruin Hatton who did?? That ko made dude snort mountains of coke made him wanna commit that....Hatton himself said he wasnt right goin into the manny fight

The same hindsight nikkas sayin it wasnt a risk would be the same nikkas shouting at the top of they lungs Floyd ducked Hatton if they never fought:beli:

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
Before Floyd fought Hatton he fought DLH at 154....so you expected him to go frm 154 all the way down to 140 were he hadn't fought since Gatti??:aicmon:

If Floyd aint ruin Hatton who did?? That ko made dude snort mountains of coke made him wanna commit that....Hatton himself said he wasnt right goin into the manny fight

The same hindsight nikkas sayin it wasnt a risk would be the same nikkas shouting at the top of they lungs Floyd ducked Hatton if they never fought:beli:

I would rather Floyd not fight the nikka at all if he not gonna fight the guy In the weight class of their prime... And no, I wouldn't say Floyd ducked hatton had he never fought him, but at the end of the day you cant call yourself the GOAT and not be willing to take any risks in the sport of boxing. Floyd was only 150 in his fight vs ODLH.... He could've at least met the dude half way like in his fight vs Marquez...... Oh wait :heh:

Hatton wasn't right after Pacquiao put his ass in the hospital. Dude had two strong wins before he fought Pac and supposedly didn't cut weight properly....Yall talk like Floyd took his soul or something... That punch that Hatton got hit with in the 2nd round woulda put anyone in that division to sleep

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
]I would rather Floyd not fight the nikka at all if he not gonna fight the guy In the weight class of their prime.[/B].. And no, I wouldn't say Floyd ducked hatton had he never fought him, but at the end of the day you cant call yourself the GOAT and not be willing to take any risks in the sport of boxing. Floyd was only 150 in his fight vs ODLH.... He could've at least met the dude half way like in his fight vs Marquez...... Oh wait :heh:

Hatton wasn't right after Pacquiao put his ass in the hospital. Dude had two strong wins before he fought Pac and supposedly didn't cut weight properly....Yall talk like Floyd took his soul or something... That punch that Hatton got hit with in the 2nd round woulda put anyone in that division to sleep

So what's your thoughts on Manny dragging Bradley up to 147, wasn't 140 his prime division

What about the last 2 JMM fights he dragged JMM him up 2 divisions........

:stopitslime:

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
So what's your thoughts on Manny dragging Bradley up to 147, wasn't 140 his prime division

What about the last 2 JMM fights he dragged JMM him up 2 divisions........

:stopitslime:
Thoughts?,
1. you a bytch ass nikka..

2. Not once have you been able to defend Floyd without bringing Pac into the conversation

3. Bradley was not nor was he ever "the man" in any division. Who did he beat before getting a gift decision vs Pac??

And most important

4. PACQUIAO HAS NEVER CLAIMED TO BE THE GOAT, GREATER THAN ALI, LEONARD, TYSON..WHOEVER ELSE... I WOULDN'T EXPECT THAT FROM SOMEONE WHO CLAIMS THESE THINGS...

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC

Hatton didnt want to fight him at 140. and neither did cotto at 140.

also floyd didnt have that many fights @ 147. he had mitchell(a 140lber), Zab(another 140lber) and Baldomir(which he wouldnt fought if stupid ass zab wouldnt have lost)

the idea that someone starting at 130 is bigger then someone who started at 140 is comical.

And what fight floyd isnt the favor in. He would be the fav over everybody not named Ward or Kilt.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
floyd didn't make hatton shot...he may have damaged his confidence and embarassed but that was it..hatton was still able to get victories over lazcano (although he was holding on for dear life in the final rounds) and malignaggi, which he was the first fighter to stop him...what ruined hatton was his habit of blowing up and coming down in weight in between fights..that shyt ruined him just like it ruined riddikk bowe

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
floyd didn't make hatton shot...he may have damaged his confidence and embarassed but that was it..hatton was still able to get victories over lazcano (although he was holding on for dear life in the final rounds) and malignaggi, which he was the first fighter to stop him...what ruined hatton was his habit of blowing up and coming down in weight in between fights..that shyt ruined him just like it ruined riddikk bowe

:salute: this man

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
BBC SPORT | Boxing | Hatton chasing Mayweather fight
6/27/05...Hatton says he wants the fight at MSG, or UK, whichever would generate the most money. He also said he only wanted to do unification bouts next.

WBC king gunning for Ricky | Manchester Evening News - menmedia.co.uk
6-27-2005...Mayweather has interest in facing Hatton at MSG as well...
He might have not fought Mayweather next anyway and fought Vivian Harris instead since they were negotiating in 2004 but couldn't get a deal together, but he lost on the under-card (embarrassingly) to Carlos Maussa. Maussa would indeed get the next shot as he was now the new WBA belt holder.

BBC SPORT | Boxing | Mayweather move could halt Hatton
6-28-2005...early talks of Mayweather moving up to face Zab Judah for the undisputed Welterweight crown. This was after the Cosme Rivera destruction and much before the Baldomir stumble.

Also consider Mayweather was still under Arum and Hatton was under Frank Warren...or so we thought...

Hatton is in a terrific spot. The Tszyu fight was the last on his contract with British promoter Frank Warren, and although his American TV appearances have all been on Showtime, Hatton has no contractual ties to any network.
Hatton says he's ready for prime time - boxing - ESPN

Next thing you know Warren is denying any split and I believe they ended up going to court while Hatton had somebody else promoting him while he looked on towards Maussa (easy pay day/unification bout). Warren wanted him to fight a non-unification bout, in UK, but for more money. Hatton wanted unification bouts only.

Mayweather got courted into a 147 lineal clash with Judah and moved up early to face Sharmba to get acclimated to the weight then awaited Zab to finalize his side of the deal with a victory then they were gonna break major bread...all was gonna be :blessed:...

but fukking Judah lost :snoop:

Bout still went off, but it lost the luster it would've had and in order to get that undisputed title he would have to face tough Slow-damir.

...not sure what was up with Cotto :mjpls:, but Hatton did not duck Mayweather nor vice-versa, they both had each other in their cross-heirs but other opportunities came up. Hatton/Maussa wasn't announced until September and they fought in November while Mayweather/Mitchell was announced in October, they also fought in November.

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
Cotto never wanted May at his 140 peak. He kept getting knocked down here and there and only fought Arthur Abraham style. Power punches and the rest of the round off due to weight issues. Don't blame him tbh.

I remember my dream fight in 05/06 was Hatton vs Gatti

And it was so close to happening, at MSG :ohlawd: I was saving up for that one brehs.