Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
I think Jacobs is the clear cut #2 at 160 and it brings a lot of legitimacy to those who oppose GGG's resume and question his big profile based on that. It does provide a guy that if he beat that no one could question without looking like a complete hater.

If it doesn't get made and GGG does fight Andy Lee, that is a really good backup plan. Lee is a quality fighter who can give a tough fight to most anyone he faces.

We still need GGG-Jacobs though. #MakeBoxingGreatAgain

I've been on twitter tagging #MakeBoxingGreatAgain and different fighters/matchups/promotional companies all morning....hopefully it catches on:lupe:

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
Just seen on boxingscene.com (@GREENandYELLOW :salute:), and Ima need to see how it goes. Chick could be telling the truth or lying...Ima wait for the video to drop first:manny:

:dead: at in the comments it said AB = Assault & Battery :mjlol:
I mean it doesn't seem serious and if he was let off with a citation it probably wasn't a huge deal. But still, what the fukk is that breh doing? Self made mistakes.

I am always 100% with you on never putting your hands on a woman. We'll see the video and the situation. But still, you're Broner and probably there with a security and/or an entourage, even if it wasn't physically hurtful...just some dumb ass shyt. :francis:

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Dude went silent for a bit (when the deadline passed and the WBA said Jacobs team wanted 60-40, despite denying it in the thread) and not he is back, but is not giving out any information, just getting frustrated with other posters who are saying "what's up, I thought it was a done deal" and questioning him.
He said he gave all the fight/negotiation info to another "legit and trustworthy" poster on the board, so it is up to this third party if he wants to divulge the info, because the Jacobs insider is tired of dealing with people calling him out. :patrice:

Personally I find it interesting how both camp's were quiet until the bid deadline and our only source is a Jacobs insider who said K2 was screwing them, but GGG stepped up and the fight is going to get made...and it never gets made, the WBA says that Jacobs team has been asking for a purse change to 60-40 and when they get denied, GGG's team starts talking to the media after that and Jacobs team is still silent...and add that EVERY media member has reported the same story of Jacobs wanting 60-40 and being the one to not sign.
That may not be the whole story or even the truth...but at this point there is no evidence otherwise.:yeshrug:

Word on the curb is K2 is making all kinds of demands. Al wants to make a PPV with a stacked card so they can generate more guap for both fighters, but there's no call back from Kazahkstan. That's the word on the curb..........

mr. smoke weed

Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
I mean it doesn't seem serious and if he was let off with a citation it probably wasn't a huge deal. But still, what the fukk is that breh doing? Self made mistakes.

I am always 100% with you on never putting your hands on a woman. We'll see the video and the situation. But still, you're Broner and probably there with a security and/or an entourage, even if it wasn't physically hurtful...just some dumb ass shyt. :francis:

Mr. Can't Get Right is hanging out with Floyd, who loves to beat on chicks, so.........

mr. smoke weed

Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
That's only cause ain't no guns behind the wall.

If there were, nikkas would get shot & killed daily in there.
Yea but you got them lil gang weirdos making shanks out of whatever. Once you show you got hands they usually leave you be :yeshrug: I guess it's weird to be about the hands in 2016

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
he should choose them

fighters SHOULD be involved in all picks, I doN't like these fatalists who just give a handout to their team to find an opponent for them

Who out there is really choosing they opp tho??

Thurman was given Collazo (no choice as said by Keith)

Highly doubt Crawford chose Diery Jean/Hank Lundy

Wilder ain't choosin Molina/Duhauaphas

Canelo N sometimes :deadmanny: get to choose other then that...Ward?? :manny:

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps

He chose his opponent, bc he could've said "No" to the fight and they would've had to find him another one. Being that he didn't, he went along with it.

At the end of the day though, I really don't care who Swift fights bc it's a non-title 10 rounder. Dude is just doing the same thing Shawn Porter did vs Lanardo Tyner earlier this year...except Swift, smartly, is getting paid for the work unlike Porter who decided to keep it in the gym and free stream it.

Hell, Sweet T just fought a journeyman in Philly & has all intentions of doing it again in December...I just posted that article above with him saying why too:

PC: What is the goal when you're taking all fights just to stay busy; rounds, work on things or what?

TF: I don't care who I fight. The goal is to stay busy and stay sharp and stay focused and move up in the rankings. I don't want to sit around and do nothing. What is that going to do? It's not going to help nothing. I'd rather stay in the ring, keep winning and staying sharp, and keep getting paid, whether it's a little bit of money or a lot of money; money is money. And the main thing, I'm not taking any punishment. My stay busy fights, I'm not taking any punishment and that's the great thing.