Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
exactly

Jacobs got more to lose by not making the GGG fight now, but nikkas act like it's the other way around. :mjlol:

Right:russ:

Like Jacobs is in demand or GGG needs him....GGG already HAS real WBA Championship. He's fighting Jacobs just cause he's ranked high and that's it. Jacobs brings nothing to the table for GGG, but his high ranking with RING:manny:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
No mention of Jacobs moving up to 168. Rumors are going around that he is close to doing it...and I wish people would start rumors of Jacobs-Quillin 2, just because I want it.

And as you said regarding GGG, word is Lee is the most rumored opponent if Jacobs doesn't take the fight. Not a bad fill in if it happens.

Breh, did you see this?
Adrien Broner in More Hot Water, Waitress Claims Assault - Boxing News

:snoop:

I haven't...Im leaving out the job right now. Ima read it when I get home, and respond appropriately then.

I don't know what's going on and aint read/heard nothing:mjcry:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
I dont think Broner is worth being talked about anymore at this point if its just more out of the ring stuff. If its not about him fighting, then why worry about it. No need to give any more energy to him (or Fury for that matter) for this other shyt. They are people with some sort of mental instabilities that happen to be boxers IMO and not the other way around at the moment.

Yep

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
Jacobs guy on Sherdog said Canelo would fight Jacobs N they've already talked

Ionno if we believe or not :manny:
Dude went silent for a bit (when the deadline passed and the WBA said Jacobs team wanted 60-40, despite denying it in the thread) and not he is back, but is not giving out any information, just getting frustrated with other posters who are saying "what's up, I thought it was a done deal" and questioning him.
He said he gave all the fight/negotiation info to another "legit and trustworthy" poster on the board, so it is up to this third party if he wants to divulge the info, because the Jacobs insider is tired of dealing with people calling him out. :patrice:

Personally I find it interesting how both camp's were quiet until the bid deadline and our only source is a Jacobs insider who said K2 was screwing them, but GGG stepped up and the fight is going to get made...and it never gets made, the WBA says that Jacobs team has been asking for a purse change to 60-40 and when they get denied, GGG's team starts talking to the media after that and Jacobs team is still silent...and add that EVERY media member has reported the same story of Jacobs wanting 60-40 and being the one to not sign.
That may not be the whole story or even the truth...but at this point there is no evidence otherwise.:yeshrug:

Last edited:

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Midwest life:wow:

This is actually factual...aint nobody fighting in Cleveland no more:yeshrug:

I mean, we shoot the 5.......but there's a huge risk of gunplay if yall don't know each other and revenge will be coming. You'd be better off taking off and not entertaining a scrap these days:manny:

Cats is cowards quick to grab the strap now a days. Good think I'm a level headed adult and can easily diffuse most situations. Last time I had to shoot the 5 was in the clink. Cats learn from the ass whoopings they take in there.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Cats is cowards quick to grab the strap now a days. Good think I'm a level headed adult and can easily diffuse most situations. Last time I had to shoot the 5 was in the clink. Cats learn from the ass whoopings they take in there.

That's only cause ain't no guns behind the wall.

If there were, nikkas would get shot & killed daily in there.

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
Right:russ:

Like Jacobs is in demand or GGG needs him....GGG already HAS real WBA Championship. He's fighting Jacobs just cause he's ranked high and that's it. Jacobs brings nothing to the table for GGG, but his high ranking with RING:manny:
I think Jacobs is the clear cut #2 at 160 and it brings a lot of legitimacy to those who oppose GGG's resume and question his big profile based on that. It does provide a guy that if he beat that no one could question without looking like a complete hater.

If it doesn't get made and GGG does fight Andy Lee, that is a really good backup plan. Lee is a quality fighter who can give a tough fight to most anyone he faces.

We still need GGG-Jacobs though. #MakeBoxingGreatAgain

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Dude went silent for a bit (when the deadline passed and the WBA said Jacobs team wanted 60-40, despite denying it in the thread) and not he is back, but is not giving out any information, just getting frustrated with other posters who are saying "what's up, I thought it was a done deal" and questioning him.
He said he gave all the fight/negotiation info to another "legit and trustworthy" poster on the board, so it is up to this third party if he wants to divulge the info, because the Jacobs insider is tired of dealing with people calling him out. :patrice:

Personally I find it interesting how both camp's were quiet until the bid deadline and our only source is a Jacobs insider who said K2 was screwing them, but GGG stepped up and the fight is going to get made...and it never gets made, the WBA says that Jacobs team has been asking for a purse change to 60-40 and when they get denied, GGG's team starts talking to the media after that and Jacobs team is still silent...and add that EVERY media member has reported the same story of Jacobs wanting 60-40 and being the one to not sign.
That may not the the whole story or even the truth...but at this point there is no evidence otherwise.:yeshrug:

Im not taking the boxing medias word on anything GGG related...K2 could say Jacobs wants a 2 outta 3 falls blindfold match...Fat Dan, Spoonface, Doug Fischer's weak ass would be tweeting it out N circle jerking with lames on twitter about it in .02 seconds

The dude on Sherdog we don't post there so we don't know if he official or not :manny:

Well see what happens

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
Im not taking the boxing medias word on anything GGG related...K2 could say Jacobs wants a 2 outta 3 falls blindfold match...Fat Dan, Spoonface, Doug Fischer's weak ass would be tweeting it out N circle jerking with lames on twitter about it in .02 seconds

The dude on Sherdog we don't post there so we don't know if he official or not :manny:

Well see what happens
I agree. At this point I don't want to get ahead of myself and say Jacobs is ducking, because there is no hard evidence of that yet...and if that Jacobs insider was legit, then GGG's team was being difficult.

But, if we go by perception, Jacobs is losing the publicity battle. So far he is the one coming off poorly. It may be true or not true. I don't know. I just find it curious that there isn't one media member taking Jacobs side. I know GGG has a lot of media members who dikkride him, but they all don't, and there hasn't been one giving him shyt on the Jacobs negotiations...yet...