Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Who out there is really choosing they opp tho??

Thurman was given Collazo (no choice as said by Keith)

Highly doubt Crawford chose Diery Jean/Hank Lundy

Wilder ain't choosin Molina/Duhauaphas

Canelo N sometimes :deadmanny: get to choose other then that...Ward?? :manny:
it can't be debunked to this two extreme categories, I also didn't mean it like that even if I worded it badly.

I mean there are levels.
Most of the fighters don't have a total authority over who they choose as an opponent. But also most of them have a say, or rather want to practice their right to have a say in it. So they don't just throw the process of opponent searching to their team.

While I doubt that Crawford specially wanted Jean or Lundy I think he decided that way with his team when they saw that at that moment they don't really have better options but they just moved up to 140 so they also didn't want to go straight up.

On the other hand it's hard for me to imagine that Danny Garcia chose this guy with his team, he just didn't care and said "give me someone, it's your job to find an opponent, I'll train and get my $" :yeshrug:
and I doN't like when a fighter that less involved in picking opponents. LSC does the same shyt and he's even proud of it... :scust:

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
it can't be debunked to this two extreme categories, I also didn't mean it like that even if I worded it badly.

I mean there are levels.
Most of the fighters don't have a total authority over who they choose as an opponent. But also most of them have a say, or rather want to practice their right to have a say in it. So they don't just throw the process of opponent searching to their team.

While I doubt that Crawford specially wanted Jean or Lundy I think he decided that way with his team when they saw that at that moment they don't really have better options but they just moved up to 140 so they also didn't want to go straight up.

On the other hand it's hard for me to imagine that Danny Garcia chose this guy with his team, he just didn't care and said "give me someone, it's your job to find an opponent, I'll train and get my $" :yeshrug:
and I doN't like when a fighter that less involved in picking opponents. LSC does the same shyt and he's even proud of it... :scust:

Swift doesn't blindly get opponents...he signs off agreeing to face everyone he's in the ring with.

If he refused to face an opponent, which he can, he would just have to sit out until they find someone else.

He's not faxing over already signed contracts to the PBC office with a "P.S. Fill in the blank" note attached to where the opponent's name goes when it's time to fight:heh:

Saying he doesn't choose his opponent is a stretch. He may not PICK them...but he definitely say "yes"/"no" to facing them, bc he has to sign his name and make it official, which is a "choice" of whether to fight them or not.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
but didn't Thurman say al made him fight Collazo? sometimes he give u choices and sometime he don't from what Ive heard...:yeshrug:

He didn't make Thurman sign the contract...Thurman could've said no. He didn't, so I can't let PBC fighters hide behind Haymon (who doesn't talk to the media) to get a pass on the opps they agree to fight, but say "but I didn't pick em". nikka, you signed the contract to say "Yes, I will fight him" instead of saying "Nah, Im not signing".

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago

I mean there are levels.

When I hear choosing Opps I think Canelo, Floyd, Cotto, PAC

They choose they opps

Errybody else I'm sure has a say so here or there...some more then others

Berto fight didn't happen, Swift wanted to stay busy...PBC said fine but we ain't paying much Cuz you N Keith goin break the bank in March

So PBC offers Sam EggN Cheese, Peralta or Vargas

Yea Swift N them "chose" Vargas if you wanna be technical N shyt :mjlol:

Team DSG wasn't on some Cotto Floyd shyt calling up Sam Vargas choosing

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
When I hear choosing Opps I think Canelo, Floyd, Cotto, PAC

They choose they opps

Errybody else I'm sure has a say so here or there...some more then others

Berto fight didn't happen, Swift wanted to stay busy...PBC said fine but we ain't paying much Cuz you N Keith goin break the bank in March

So PBC offers Sam EggN Cheese, Peralta or Vargas

Yea Swift N them "chose" Vargas if you wanna be technical N shyt :mjlol:

Team DSG wasn't on some Cotto Floyd shyt calling up Sam Vargas choosing

I hate when Choc keeps it real...I can't even respond with something :troll:ish

:martin:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Pacquiao vs. Vargas Tix Readily Available - Boxing News

Remaining tickets to the world championship fight between boxing’s only eight-division world champion and the reigning Fighter of the Decade, Senator MANNY “Pacman” PACQUIAO (58-6-2, 38 KOs), from General Santos City, Philippines, and defending World Boxing Organization (WBO) welterweight champion JESSIE VARGAS (27-1, 10 KOs), from Las Vegas, can be purchased online at UNLVtickets, at UNLVtickets Outlet Town Square Las Vegas and La Bonita Supermarkets and charged by phone call 702-739-FANS (3267) or 866-388-FANS (3267).

They selling his tickets at the grocery store? :heh::dead:

Can yall imagine Floyd or Canelo tickets being sold at the grocery store?:mjlol:

Selling Pacquiao tickets next to the produce aisle? :russ:

Them tickets ain't moving huh @Black_Jesus?:sas1:

Maybe if he would've paid to get a better opponent:sas2:

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps

"I'ma be honest with...I don't want him in even money fights":mjpls:

It doesnt bother me Hearn feels that way with a bankroll like Joshua. ODH does the same with Canelo. Just dont hold them back when they want to be great.

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps

Remaining tickets to the world championship fight between boxing’s only eight-division world champion and the reigning Fighter of the Decade, Senator MANNY “Pacman” PACQUIAO (58-6-2, 38 KOs), from General Santos City, Philippines, and defending World Boxing Organization (WBO) welterweight champion JESSIE VARGAS (27-1, 10 KOs), from Las Vegas, can be purchased online at UNLVtickets, at UNLVtickets Outlet Town Square Las Vegas and La Bonita Supermarkets and charged by phone call 702-739-FANS (3267) or 866-388-FANS (3267).

Can yall imagine Floyd or Canelo tickets being sold at the grocery store?:mjlol:

oh

oh the pacquiao tickets? their on aile 49 next to the mayweather "cook me me some beans n rice" mix packets.:lolbron:

(may was wrong for that shyt tho):mjpls:

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s

Better opponents like who?? None stepped up.. We had one in mind.. and was gonna pay him a career high payday plus back end.. but the bytch nikka turned it down, now he on suicide watch struggling to pay child support:smugfavre: