Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
Not really. Floyd is wearing his promoter hat. He wants GGG to move up and fight Badou Jack.

The Canelo praise is basically, due to the fact he would like to sign him one day. However, Floyd has yet to show me the following:

1) He can get a big name to actually sign with him
2) He can handle the ego of a big time fighter
Mayweather: If Canelo Was With Me - No Golovkin Bout Right Now! - Boxing News

Yep, exactly that. BoxingScene just posted an article where he said if he was ODH he wouldn't make a GGG fight yet, because it needs to marinate more. Then said Jack would be a good tune up for GGG...and then realized Jack was his fighter and was like :whoa:, wait Jack is good and not a tune up. He would present GGG problems. Then if GGG fought Jack I would try and convince ODH to let Canelo fight GGG afterwards, like he has say at GB. :dahell::heh:

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
Not really. Floyd is wearing his promoter hat. He wants GGG to move up and fight Badou Jack.

The Canelo praise is basically, due to the fact he would like to sign him one day. However, Floyd has yet to show me the following:

1) He can get a big name to actually sign with him
2) He can handle the ego of a big time fighter
floyd has always respected canelo's skill set and stated many times little g is a basic come forward fighter. floyd, errol spence, and willie monroe have all said canelo will beat little g. a lot of these fighter's view canelo as the clearly superior boxer, while only giving little g a puncher's chance to win. yea, floyd would love to have canelo on his team. but from all his previous interviews, it's safe to say he really believes canelo will beat little g easy. many people believe it as well. I've said many times already canelo will stop him, so seeing floyd say it wasn't too surprising. it's hard to believe for some people, but canelo is gonna put a serious beating on little g.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
dont feel like posting a whole lot at the moment but wanted to say RIP to not only one of the greats but one of my favorite all time fighters. Aaron "The Hawk" Pryor. Look for a more in depth tribute post from me later that I feel he deserves. RIP to the Champ.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
dont feel like posting a whole lot at the moment but wanted to say RIP to not only one of the greats but one of my favorite all time fighters. Aaron "The Hawk" Pryor. Look for a more in depth tribute post from me later that I feel he deserves. RIP to the Champ.

looking forward to it..in todays boxing current climate and black out..its a perfect time to revisit the GOAT boxing of yesteryear..we are losing our greats :wow:

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
floyd has always respected canelo's skill set and stated many times little g is a basic come forward fighter. floyd, errol spence, and willie monroe have all said canelo will beat little g. a lot of these fighter's view canelo as the clearly superior boxer, while only giving little g a puncher's chance to win. yea, floyd would love to have canelo on his team. but from all his previous interviews, it's safe to say he really believes canelo will beat little g easy. many people believe it as well. I've said many times already canelo will stop him, so seeing floyd say it wasn't too surprising. it's hard to believe for some people, but canelo is gonna put a serious beating on little g.

I am responding to Mayweather being part of the CaneloCartel, which isn't the case. He may respect a fighter's skill, but he's not going to keep publicly praising a guy unless he see's an angle. He wants Canelo to be on his team someday, because he is one of the biggest draws in boxing. When Mayweather says Canelo would beat GGG, they shouldn't make the fight, etc, he saying stuff Canelo wants to hear.

I really don't take promoters seriously, because I understand what they are trying to accomplish.