Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
What Floyd says is exactly what everyone who wanted ( and still wants) for PBC and the valid criticism (labelled as hating on this board).

Too many guys with/want mega paydays who now have an over inflated self worth. If you fight Rod Salka you should get Rod Salka money....period.

And they are caught in limbo due to this. They want Floyd paydays without Floyd success.

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
Maybe true....but there's still only 1 fighter who's been able to knock down Shawn Porter.

:aboutbillions:

#AboutBillions

Sad reality is if he put it all together and worked to his God given abilities he would be special..... I'm not saying ATG status but man....what a classic example of unused talent.

Last edited:

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Sad reality is if he put it all together and worked to his God given abilities he would be special..... I'm not saying ATG status but man....what a classic example of unused talent.
I agree he's wasting his talent, but for the bolded I would have to wait until the end of his career before making this statement. As of now, that title belongs to Francisco Bojado

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Mayweather: Canelo Beats Golovkin Easy - He Stops Him!
By Edward Chaykovsky

Retired former five division world champion Floyd Mayweather Jr. (49-0, 26KOs) is picking Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez (48-1-1, 34KOs) to knock Gennady 'GGG' Golovkin (36-0, 33KOs) out - when the two fighters meet each other in the ring. There are ongoing discussions for Golovkin and Canelo to face each other next September. Golovkin was in action last month, when he traveled over to the UK and stopped Kell Brook to retain the WBA/WBC/IBF/IBO middleweight titles. Canelo also fought last month, when he packed the AT&T Stadium to score a knockout win over Liam Smith to capture the WBO junior middleweight title

"Canelo beats Triple G easy. Yeah he'll beat him, he stops him," Mayweather told ES News.

"I want to tell Canelo this. Live your life, do what makes you happy. Me as a fighter, Floyd Mayweather, for years they called me a coward. They said I was scared of Manny Pacquiao. Manny Pacquiao is a Hall of Famer. They said I was a coward, I was scared and all that do is inspire me to work harder, keep pushing myself and there is no limit to how high Canelo can go. He has a crazy fan-base," Mayweather said.

Mayweather: Canelo Beats Golovkin Easy - He Stops Him! - Boxing News

Floyd. the newest member of #CaneloCartel:banderas:

Not really. Floyd is wearing his promoter hat. He wants GGG to move up and fight Badou Jack.

The Canelo praise is basically, due to the fact he would like to sign him one day. However, Floyd has yet to show me the following:

1) He can get a big name to actually sign with him
2) He can handle the ego of a big time fighter