Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
:comeon:
Aint no attendance fanbase, money for, Jrock.. damn sure aint none for Andrade himself.. He only calling out guys he feels he can beat yet claiming the whole 154 retired :camby:

J Rock is undefeated...Lara ain't nothing but leftovers of better fighters, and nobody wants to see Lara fight & he struggled with twice with someone Andrade clearly beat the 1st time:umad:

J Rock is a much more exciting matchup vs Andrade than Lara is...unless you like watching grass grow:umad:

Last edited:

Yuzo

No nice guys in boxing
Daps
I respect the hell out of Loma's skill btw but all I'm saying that his style is not the safest and relies very much on his athleticism (I'm thinking about speed) while he is usually close to his opponent, not super close, like he isn't an inside fighter, but rather in the pocket or something like that.

he wants to set his feet in front of you and feint, steal, and step around. to maintain this range when you come forward he has to move his feet. that is to say when you are coming forward he cant set his feet and when he cant set his feet he cant stand in front of you and feint, steal, and step around.

when he is backing up, he is not punching. so you want to come forward to minimize how much he can set his feet to minimize how much he can punch.

PP0Q2SI8.gif

when he can set his feet you are in hot water.

CHNqkRfE.gif

can you see the difference?

I always thought that defensive irresponsibility is the biggest known mistake of Loma. He is confident that he can move around his opponent safely without taking a big risk cause he is confident in his speed. Might be too confident imo. Walters is also very quick and explosive so he can exploit this weakness of Loma.

he has a tendency to step around with his hands down.

ZZa0N2ZI.gif

when southpaws turn to their right they turn into the path of an orthodox hook.

Yv1qhKLq.gif

he can get away with this with most guys. but its a dangerous habit. good punchers have a good punchers sense. even the biggest punchers have to know how to sense when and where there are openings. power without a good punchers sense means nothing.

i think walters is good at sensing out when and where there are openings and he can very much catch you with your hand in the cookie jar.

@Yuzo what are your thoughts on lomachenko vs Walters? Who you got

give me some time to think about it.

Last edited:

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
he wants to set his feet in front of you and feint, steal, and step around. to maintain this range when you come forward he has to move his feet. that is to say when you are coming forward he cant set his feet and when he cant set his feet he cant stand in front of you and feint, steal, and step around.

when he is backing up, he is not punching. so you want to come forward to minimize how much he can set his feet to minimize how much he can punch.

PP0Q2SI8.gif

when he can set his feet you are in hot water.

CHNqkRfE.gif

can you see the difference?

he has a tendency to step around with his hands down.

ZZa0N2ZI.gif

when southpaws turn to their right they turn into the path of an orthodox hook.

Yv1qhKLq.gif

he can get away with this with most guys. but its a dangerous habit. good punchers have a good punchers sense. even the biggest punchers have to know how to sense when and where there are openings. power without a good punchers sense means nothing.

i think walters is good at sensing out when and where there are openings and he can very much catch your hand in the cookie jar.

give me some time to think about it.
Aite thanks man. Also I notice that in the second gif when breaking the opponent's guard he is using a hand trapping technique as well which is something I see in kickboxing and muay thai matches :jbhmm:

Last edited: