Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It'll do a million breh

If this Jacobs fight is true N GGG slumps Jacobs there's goin be some buzz that's finally earned by GGG

GGG vs Canelo hype will be on ESPN, RocNation won't be there to fukk things up...HBO will go all out

I don't see it doing 1.5 tho ...N if GGG wants more then 10 Ms guarantee AND ppv its gotta do way more then 1 Milly imo

There will definitely be a huge press tour, faceoff, and a 24/7.

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
:dame::heh:

Is he THAT paranoid?

Does he use the internet? How he'd communicate otherwise? Pigeons? :pachaha:
They say dude is old school and has a secretary answer all his calls and give him his messages on paper.
He doesnt even watch his fighters fight live. He watches from a TV in the back.
Dude really doesnt want any attention.
The anti-Puffy. :takedat:

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
Nacho Beristain (JMM's trainer & manager) admitted to it.

His excuses for turning down the fight were that it was a lowball offer on short notice :mjlol:

400k was more than Marquez ever made at the time. Also it wasn't really short notice. Marquez was set to return in August and was offered the fight in May. Plenty of time to prepare. Not sure if JMM already had a fight schedule, but he could have easily pulled out, and nobody would have given him shyt for it.

Funny how 400k is a lowball offer, yet a couple years later Marquez went to Indoneisa to fight Chris John for only 30k :dead: Nacho is a great trainer, but a shytty manager

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
Wladimir Klitschko v Tyson Fury postponed: World heavyweight rematch on hold

• 2 hours ago
  • From the sectionBoxing
_91363432_fury_getty_two.jpg

The rematch - which was first postponed in June - was scheduled for 29 October
British world heavyweight champion Tyson Fury has postponed his rematch with Wladimir Klitschko for a second time because he is "medically unfit".

Promoters did not disclose details but said "the condition is too severe to allow him to participate"

Fury, 28, beat Ukraine's Klitschko on points in the first bout between the pair in November last year.

The original rematch, scheduled for 9 July at Manchester Arena, was postponed in June after Fury injured his ankle.

The rearranged rematch - with the WBA and WBO belts on the line - had been scheduled for 29 October.

"Tyson will now immediately undergo the treatment he needs to make a full recovery," Hennessey Sports added.

"We and Tyson wish to express our sincerest apologies to all those concerned with the event and all the boxing fans who had been looking forward to the rematch. Tyson is understandably devastated by the development.

"We will be making a further statement in due course."

At a media conference before the initial scheduled rematch in April, Fury taunted Klitschko by telling him he was beaten by "a fat man" in their first encounter.

In August, Fury was charged with a doping offence by the UK's anti-doping body Ukad, with a hearing into the an alleged violation to take place in November.

Fury beat Klitschko on points in November's original fight in Dusseldorf
Analysis
By Ben Dirs, BBC Sport:

"Few in the fight game will be surprised to hear that Fury-Klitschko II is off again.

"Last week, Fury failed to show up to a press conference in London, at which Klitschko said he suspected the rematch would never happen.

"Rumours have circulated that he has not been training and there is a real possibility that he will be stripped of his world titles, having not defended them since dethroning Klitschko last November."

The rocky road to Fury-Klitschko II

Fury v Klitschko: Tyson Fury mocks Wladimir Klitschko with 'fat man's body'
  • 16 May 2016: Fury apologises after he is filmed making homophobic, sexist and anti-Semitic comments in a video posted online
  • 24 June 2016: Fury announces the rematch will be postponed after heinjures his ankle in training.
  • 26 June 2016: A Sunday Mirror article reports that traces of a banned anabolic steroid were allegedly found in a sample given by Fury in 2015. The Briton denies doping.
  • 7 July 2016: Fury states the new date for the rematch with Klitschko will be on 29 October.
  • 4 August 2016: Fury is charged with a doping offence by the UK's anti-doping body. The 27-year-old says he will sue over claims he used a banned drug.
  • 17 August 2016: Klitschko says he will take Fury to court to ensure their rematch takes place.
  • 12 September 2016: Fury misses a pre-fight news conference in London because his car broke down on the way down from his home in Morecambe.
  • 23 September 2016: The Klitschko v Fury rematch is postponed for a second time.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
Nacho Beristain (JMM's trainer & manager) admitted to it.

His excuses for turning down the fight were that it was a lowball offer on short notice :mjlol:

400k was more than Marquez ever made at the time. Also it wasn't really short notice. Marquez was set to return in August and was offered the fight in May. Plenty of time to prepare. Not sure if JMM already had a fight schedule, but he could have easily pulled out, and nobody would have given him shyt for it.

Funny how 400k is a lowball offer, yet a couple years later Marquez went to Indoneisa to fight Chris John for only 30k :dead: Nacho is a great trainer, but a shytty manager
Damn I wanted to see this fight :ohhh:
Barrera figured Hamed out in their fight and came in the underdog. I figure Marquez might've too but Hamed is unpredictable as hell.

The Infamous

Superstar
Daps
@The Infamous, :salute: to the link. I tried to copy the most interesting stuff to add to what you did.

On ODH's offer to GGG:
Yes.
Dlh isn't being honest though. They are sandbagging GGG

If they beat Canelo or GGG:
Don't be surprised if we take a little less money and fight Canelo. It's definitely an ego thing but man I will laugh if GGG has his face pressed against the glass. Ultimately it's Danny's call but we all signed off on it. We are super cool with Robert and Canelo. His whole team is professional. What a welcome change of pace.
We will not give GGG a shot if we win outside of him giving us all concessions in our favor and even then we will probably still tell him to fukk off. Would give Canelo a rematch and move up to 68.

On ODH:
Like I said before only about 10% of what you read in the media is true. Canelo calls his own shots. If it doesn't come from him (which it won't most of the time) it's likely bullshyt. I'd bet a large sum of money Oscar isn't even on most of the calls. He just shows up to fighter meeting
I did get a laugh out of Loeffer saying he was under the impression they would not negotiate in the media. That's all they have done with Danny lol

Talks with Canelo:
Cool. I actually welcome all you guys input for the most part. There's a lot of good conversation in here. It also helps to hear (good and bad) what people think of Danny.
I don't know about schooling him. I think we can win 8-4 though. Canelo is a really good fighter. I think he's become underrated here. We've talked with him for a while now and tried to make that fight. I think it makes sense for both sides. I have nothing but props for Canelo. He always wants to test himself against the best fighters. He's very involved in his talks and calls too. He's a throwback fighter

Past fights:
On Pirog, Danny shouldn't have ever been in the ring. He wasn't even in the gym for 2 weeks leading up to that fight. We called the fight off but it was his career high pay day and at the end of the day we work for him so it's his call. His grandma who raised him passed and he went into a shell. That's why he had "ladybird" on his trunks. Tyson is his hero and he came into the room before we walked and Danny just gave him a fist bump and kept his headphones on.
Mora didn't have him badly hurt. Danny just got stupid and walked into a perfect punch. He doesn't have a Morales chin but he doesn't have a bad chin either. I worry more when he puts his fukking back against the ropes. He's awful there

Canelo's contract:
Canelo gets paid regardless. His upfront guarantee from GBP is insane. He has them by the balls. We thought we had him (same with Ward) and looked at the numbers like :eek:.
BJS agreed to money with us twice and backed out. I dont typically shyt on fighters but he's a p*ssy. Scared shytless of Danny

On BJS vs. Jacobs or GGG:
He's scared.
Why should we think about taking that since GGG has nothing we want either? I told you multiple times we don't care about the belts. We are getting paid regardless. That's why we are with Al Haymon now.
Who fukking cares? He's nobody if we fight and beat Canelo. You think Canelo is going to let him get paid? All he's done is piss off the money. We don't need him. BJS is a fukking can. I don't begrudge him making money but if you think he's a legit contender i have a few Nigeran friends who would liie to share their fortune with you

GGG vs. Jacobs vs. Canelo:
I said before i don't honestly think any of these guys are scared of each other. It's business. Outisde of BJS. He's a p*ssy

Negotiations:
And that's the thing. We legit thought the conversations were going to consist of us signing a contract. Were not under any delusions of trying to play some trump card. We took the B side and said cool. We didn't even give a shyt about promotion. All theirs. Have it.
People lose perspective when they talk about their favorite fighters. You saw it all the time with Floyd and Pac. That's what you love about boxing fans though. I never would have guessed that this would get so much traction
-65/53
-venue
-gloves (they are cool with us wearing Everlast edge though)
-Testing
- weigh in stipulations

Talking with Canelo at the same time:
We are already talking with Canelo. We don't need GGG to do that

If beating GGG is a big deal:
How on GGG? Nobody can tell me this. Canelo agree. Ward would beat us. No problem admitting that

Trying to figure out the split:
I'd probably sign off on it because we could work out getting the number we want on PPV percentages I think. I say I think because we didn't get that far when they didn't move off the 25%. Ultimately that is up to Danny though. My anger has pretty much subsided now. If they called me with 30% today I would sit down and have a serious conversation with Danny. That tells you how much we want the fight

What the revenue split for GGG and Jacobs would be:
8-9 million if it's on PPV.

On the fight:
They want it to be a PPV. We think it's a TV fight. Always have.
Danny will stop GGG or win easy 8-4. We've been watching his tape. I can tell you how his left foot turns before he sets up his uppercut or how he taps his lead foot twice before he throws his overhand right. He also goes flat footed and admires his punches.
The only guy I have never been able to place anything on is Ward. Nothing. He is basically the perfect fighter. No tells

On Jacobs and GGG fighting Canelo:
I don't think Canelo is an easy fight. We will beat him but to dismiss it as some of easy fight is ridiculous. Canelo is a really good fighter. You have to keep him outside to beat him. Easier said then done.
If GGG takes the fight you won't hear shyt from me.

On Jacobs options:
we really do want to fight GGG. Outside of him and Canelo the names are thin

Fight coming around:
Gennady and Danny are talking right now. I retract all my negative comments.
Last man standing. Props to him for manning up

His relationship with GGG:
I actually like the dude. He's fun to talk shyt with. I never take any of this personal

The terms:
We just agreed to 70/30, Fight should be announced Monday. Tell me we didn't fukking do everything to make this fight

Danny talking with GGG:
They are textiing. I'm texting with him too.
I think this could have gotten done a lot sooner. His team doesn't speak for him. He's a pretty cool dude. He's playing fantasy football lol

On Pacquiao:
Did PUO ever show the pic I gave him of Floyd signing the contract? Floyd and Pac are close friends. Arum always fukked Pac over. He's too nice for his own good. For the life of me I will never understand how people shyt on Pac here. He was fukking awesome to watch.
They actually became cool in Miami. Both are big basketball fans and Wade broke the ice. They both just started laughing and knew they were being cans. It's a lot like us with Gennady. I told him my bad lol. Now it's fun yo mess with him. It shouldn't have been a dikk measuring contest and I'm just as guilty
Flotd is about as cool as it gets. He'll stay around for hours to take pics abd sign autos for fans. Oscar isn't a dikk.

Making GGG fight:
I told you would make the fight. Props go to Gennady too. He told his team to fukk off and made a deal. We are going to kick ass but he's good people.

On the fight vs. Mora:
No excuses. If Danny gets his back against the ropes he will always look bad. It's his worst flaw. Mora is ok for rounds. Not ideal obviously but ok for 6. I think our sparring with Chad will be interesting.

Strategy vs. GGG:
We are going to keep him outside and tie him up when he tries to lead
When he sets up his uc that's where we will knock him out

On fight venue:
We are operating with Danny's date right now. That could change. MSG is the spot now but we conceded venue so it can change.
Like I mentioned earlier I should have just talked to to Gennady directly from the jump. He is 100% different when his team isn't around. We both have good fan bases in NYC.

Jacobs career:
Thanks.
GGG and Canelo were only fights left for us at 60 (including rematches). After that we are going to 68.

Contract status:
We already signed. It's just a matter of of more paperwork today. We were shooting the shyt with him about everything other than boxing (it's exhausting sometimes ) last night. We just have to get the venue and date right which isn't hard since they are running the promotion. It's literally them choosing and sending it over for us to sign. We are letting him use Danny's December date at the moment which is what the media is going ro be running with. It could get moved to January but Danny and Gennady both want to get it done this year so we can do a rematch and still have time to get a fight in with Canelo. The rematch clause is his so we could do it in February and still have plenty of time

On speaking with GGG:
He understands perfectly and can talk as well. It's somewhat broken English but completely understandable. He can text and it's clear too.
Lara speaks really good English too and nobody would ever know it.

In response to Roach working with Jacobs:
Right after the Pirog fight. He was only there for one camp. Freddie was good but he didn't have the time to really deal with Danny as personal as we wanted. He had too much on his plate with Pac so we moved him back

:salute:

33+ pages to go through. That isn't easy work.

A lot of interesting stuff

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@The Infamous, :salute: to the link. I tried to copy the most interesting stuff to add to what you did.

On ODH's offer to GGG:
Yes.
Dlh isn't being honest though. They are sandbagging GGG

If they beat Canelo or GGG:
Don't be surprised if we take a little less money and fight Canelo. It's definitely an ego thing but man I will laugh if GGG has his face pressed against the glass. Ultimately it's Danny's call but we all signed off on it. We are super cool with Robert and Canelo. His whole team is professional. What a welcome change of pace.
We will not give GGG a shot if we win outside of him giving us all concessions in our favor and even then we will probably still tell him to fukk off. Would give Canelo a rematch and move up to 68.

On ODH:
Like I said before only about 10% of what you read in the media is true. Canelo calls his own shots. If it doesn't come from him (which it won't most of the time) it's likely bullshyt. I'd bet a large sum of money Oscar isn't even on most of the calls. He just shows up to fighter meeting
I did get a laugh out of Loeffer saying he was under the impression they would not negotiate in the media. That's all they have done with Danny lol

Talks with Canelo:
Cool. I actually welcome all you guys input for the most part. There's a lot of good conversation in here. It also helps to hear (good and bad) what people think of Danny.
I don't know about schooling him. I think we can win 8-4 though. Canelo is a really good fighter. I think he's become underrated here. We've talked with him for a while now and tried to make that fight. I think it makes sense for both sides. I have nothing but props for Canelo. He always wants to test himself against the best fighters. He's very involved in his talks and calls too. He's a throwback fighter

Past fights:
On Pirog, Danny shouldn't have ever been in the ring. He wasn't even in the gym for 2 weeks leading up to that fight. We called the fight off but it was his career high pay day and at the end of the day we work for him so it's his call. His grandma who raised him passed and he went into a shell. That's why he had "ladybird" on his trunks. Tyson is his hero and he came into the room before we walked and Danny just gave him a fist bump and kept his headphones on.
Mora didn't have him badly hurt. Danny just got stupid and walked into a perfect punch. He doesn't have a Morales chin but he doesn't have a bad chin either. I worry more when he puts his fukking back against the ropes. He's awful there

Canelo's contract:
Canelo gets paid regardless. His upfront guarantee from GBP is insane. He has them by the balls. We thought we had him (same with Ward) and looked at the numbers like :eek:.
BJS agreed to money with us twice and backed out. I dont typically shyt on fighters but he's a p*ssy. Scared shytless of Danny

On BJS vs. Jacobs or GGG:
He's scared.
Why should we think about taking that since GGG has nothing we want either? I told you multiple times we don't care about the belts. We are getting paid regardless. That's why we are with Al Haymon now.
Who fukking cares? He's nobody if we fight and beat Canelo. You think Canelo is going to let him get paid? All he's done is piss off the money. We don't need him. BJS is a fukking can. I don't begrudge him making money but if you think he's a legit contender i have a few Nigeran friends who would liie to share their fortune with you

GGG vs. Jacobs vs. Canelo:
I said before i don't honestly think any of these guys are scared of each other. It's business. Outisde of BJS. He's a p*ssy

Negotiations:
And that's the thing. We legit thought the conversations were going to consist of us signing a contract. Were not under any delusions of trying to play some trump card. We took the B side and said cool. We didn't even give a shyt about promotion. All theirs. Have it.
People lose perspective when they talk about their favorite fighters. You saw it all the time with Floyd and Pac. That's what you love about boxing fans though. I never would have guessed that this would get so much traction
-65/53
-venue
-gloves (they are cool with us wearing Everlast edge though)
-Testing
- weigh in stipulations

Talking with Canelo at the same time:
We are already talking with Canelo. We don't need GGG to do that

If beating GGG is a big deal:
How on GGG? Nobody can tell me this. Canelo agree. Ward would beat us. No problem admitting that

Trying to figure out the split:
I'd probably sign off on it because we could work out getting the number we want on PPV percentages I think. I say I think because we didn't get that far when they didn't move off the 25%. Ultimately that is up to Danny though. My anger has pretty much subsided now. If they called me with 30% today I would sit down and have a serious conversation with Danny. That tells you how much we want the fight
whos answering these questions?

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
So he basically say Oscar is Canelo's bytch? And that Canelo just carries him and the whole GBP for personal comfort/wellness? :deadrose:

This puts the last post fight interview in a new perspective. Not enough that Canelo is his boss he had to stand in that ring listening Max Kellerman openly slandering him like a sad clown. :bryan::russ:
to make it even ruthless Kellerman probably also exactly knew this but he kicked in him regardless... :mjlol:
I think it's pretty obvious canelo don't fukk with oscar like that. go back and watch them 24/7's of canelo floyd and canelo cotto. when oscar would come around for canelo's training camp, canelo would flat out ignore him. seems like they'd just put on the front for the camera's. remember when oscar went to canelo's crib and was watching soccer with his people. that shyt was cringeworthy. oscar was trying so hard to come off natural and nelo was just sittin there like :shaq2:.....when they told canelo he was comin over he was prolly on his future shyt. "man I don't want his ass here. oscar is an old ass bytch":FloydWTF:......canelo got it made at goldenboy. he can demand whatever he wants.

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
A member from Jacobs team. I think it might be his advisor.
Someone posted a picture of Floyd and people were joking about it, I think was because he was one of the dudes in the background.

There were some other interesting stuff in the thread, just didn't post it all:

- Only fighter his team doesn't think he can beat is Andre Ward.
- Ward is the only fighter he feels doesn't have any "tells" into what he is setting up.
- GGG will make more in this fight then he did vs. Brook.
- Apparently there was potential for GGG to fight Jacobs instead of Lemieux and possibly a little more money, but GGG wanted to unify belts.
- They feel beating GGG does nothing to advance Jacobs career.
- When negotiations weren't going well was saying GGG should be happy to take Canelo's offer...and after GGG agreed to fight Jacobs he said that Canelo's offer was a BS offer.
- Feels like GGG has never fought anyone to expose his weaknesses.

And if anyone is a member of Sherdog you may want to hit him up, he was offering to hook some people up with tickets.

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
- When negotiations weren't going well was saying GGG should be happy to take Canelo's offer...and after GGG agreed to fight Jacobs he said that Canelo's offer was a BS offer.
:dahell:

but either way, it's funny to see how everybody in boxing would throw all plans out the window if they could get a shot at canelo. kid really got the juice:mjcry:.....:CaneloRejoice: