Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

The Infamous

Superstar
Daps
thank you!

A lot of interesting stuff in there.

I don't think the fight will do well on PPV. Danny has never been a PPV fighter and we are under no delusion that will change. Gennady and I talked about this last night. I think we would all do better making a little less on putting on a bad ass free card . That being said, they are the lead promoters but I told him I'll bust my ass to do everything I can to promote this too. I'm only going to to work directly through him and he will do the same. We all have each other's personal numbers now. K2 will talk with Al and Sam.

It was pretty eye opening for both of us once all the bullshyt was erased. Getting Danny and Gennady to talk (takes bow lol) was the best thing. That's how we got the deal done.

I can't put his (GGG's) personal business out there but let's just say he's tried to fight a lot of guys and his management fukked them up. I bet it will be an interesting conversation when his deal expires. I'd love to work with him and he knows this. I've given him shyt for a mediocre resume but he filled me in as to why. Gennady deserves no blame for that

I wouldn't say that. Gennady doesn't really want to go above 60 from our discussions. We are moving up once we fight them both so they are the two logical names at 60. I gave Gennady Robert and Sauls number. Told him to talk for himself. He does a lot better that way. I could get that fukking fight done and I don't represent either guy. When management makes it some lame dikk measuring contest it gets lost. No bullshyt I told Gennady even when we move up and this is done with I'll help him on Canelo deal for zero. He respected that a lot

He has a rematch clause and he told me barring injury they will exercise it.

We are going to attempt to stack the undercard

He (GGG) is a really cool dude

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
My hate for AB used to be glorious. I don't even remembered when I stopped hating him though. Now its not as much fun as it used to be.

Once he won that 4th Championship & it became apparent there was nothing you could do about him being a 4x Champion Over 4 Different Divisions aka The 15th Boxer To Ever Accomplish This aka The Youngest To Ever Do It Period:banderas:

#AboutBillions

:aboutbillions:

The Infamous

Superstar
Daps
so there's a guy o there who's actually in regular contact with Haymon? :ohhh:

Yeah.

Here's a post from Tuesday. Before the GGG/Jacobs fight was agreed upon. GGG's team wasn't budging on 75-25 split. Jacobs team wanted 65-35. He said if GGG's team doesn't budge on the 75-25 split, the talk of a fight between the two will die.

It's dead and buried. They have our numbers and we aren't moving at all. Al has our signed paperwork if they ever decide they want the fight. Once we fight Canelo that will be shredded. We will have no interest in GGG or his bullshyt management and excuses anymore

Last edited:

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
Dan Rafael chat wrap 9/23:

- Klitschko vs. Fury being cancelled is due to the Fury side (not sure of the reason), not Wlad at all. Told the fight will not be rescheduled a second time and will not happen. Believes that Fury will be stripped by at least the WBO and Wlad will fight for the vacant title.
- If Canelo wants a true MW fight before fighting GGG, Lemieux is a legit test.
- Canelo vs. Smith broke the boxing attendance record for Cowboy Stadium.
- Told that Canelo's PPV will be between 250-300k (previously said that 250k was viewed as a failure).
- The PPV model is not broken. Putting on bad fights for $70 is the problem.
- Believes GGG and Jacobs gets done. The reasons why: it is a mandatory, HBO now has money with Canelo's fight being cancelled, Haymon needs to get Jacobs a fight and PBC doesn't have a lot of cards left for the year, and Haymon and Loeffler get along pretty well.
- If GGG vs. Jacobs is made it will be on HBO, not PPV.
- Jacobs would be GGG's best opponent to date.
- GB made an offer to GGG, but is it a legit quality offer? Probably not. Any offer is not just GB buying out GGG for a cash amount. It is a fight that needs to be done on a percentage deal...whatever percentage they agree upon. GGG will not be bought as an expense in a fight that could be worth $100 million (see Mayweather trying to give Pacquiao a "flat fee" of $40 million and after getting a split made much more). The devil is in the details. A 65-35 split seems totally fair and reasonable. Maybe even 60-40.
- Jerry Jones is very serious about landing a GGG-Canelo fight at his stadium.
- What does he make of the GGG-Kovalev sparring stories? Nothing.
- Prime Winky Wright vs. GGG? Good fight, GGG.
- Any reason why GGG hasn't fought in Vegas? None other than they have had success in NY and LA, so they haven't tried Vegas yet.
- If GGG were to beat Hopkins 20 defense record it would mean something. It isn't like Hopkins fought all great fighters (Hakkar, Daniels, etc.).
- Prime RJJ vs. GGG? Prime RJJ, because he is Prime RJJ.
- Still believes that GGG was absolutely fine in health for the Brook fight. He interviewed him Thursday in close quarters and it was the same GGG he had interviewed before, with no signs of being sick. Has heard nothing to suggest otherwise.
- The Canelo vs. Smith atmosphere was awesome, but the best atmosphere of the year probably was Brook-GGG.
- Tito vs. GGG? Loved watching Tito and likes him personally, but GGG wins by KO. Tito couldn't handle the power for 12 rounds, GGG can cut off the ring and has a good chin.
- When ringside can you hear the power difference between GGG and Canelo? Yes.
- Believes the best of PBC is behind us.
- Does not think any PBC money issues will cause more cross promotional matchups. They will continue to do it where it makes sense (Khan, Wade, and hopefully Jacobs).
- Word is that the NY insurance issue won't affect the larger cards at MSG or Barclay's much, but rather the club cards.
- GB and TR know how to build champions, PBC does not.
- A lot of fighters are unhappy with their inactivity with PBC.
- Hoping that Lomachenko can get Walters to sign and fight in November.
- Mikey Garcia vs. Lomachenko? Lomachenko.
- Lomachenko likely to fight Nov. 26.
- Greatest defensive fighter of all time? Mayweather, Whitaker, or Pep.
- Crolla vs. Linares? Linares.
- What would he like to be next for Chocolatito? Inoue, but that fight is a little bit away. Immediately, an Estrada rematch or unify with Concepcion.
- Chocolatito will not fight again this year.
- His top 10 PFP: 1. Chocolatito, 2. GGG, 3. Kovalev, 4. Ward, 5. Crawford, 6. Canelo, 7. Lomachenko, 8. Klitschko, 9. Inoue, 10. Bradley
- The Pacquiao undercard is decent. Rates it a "B". It meets his main PPV requirement in that it needs one undercard that is premium cable worthy (Donaire-Magdaleno).
- 2016 has been one of the worst years in recent boxing history.
- Not sure if LSC vs. Frampton will happen in December, but it will be their next fight.
- No fight news imminent for Crawford.
- Felix Diaz vs. Crawford? Would love that fight, would slightly favor Crawford.
- Biggest ducks of all time? Bowe ducking Lewis and Hamed ducking Marquez.
- Names he has heard for Joshua's next opponent: a Joe Parker rematch and Pulev.
- Shakur Stevenson is still fielding promotional offers and hopes to have his first fight in January.
- Ivan Baranchyk is an exciting prospect and one of the fights tonight he is interested in.
- Showtime will make some good cards before the end of the year.
- Roach thinks that Trey Lippe-Morrison has some potential.
- Possibility we see Adonis Stevenson vs. Eleider Alvarez before the end of the year.
- Porter vs. Bradley? Yes please.
- Selby vs. GRJ unification? Ask Haymon.
- Chilemba vs. Gvozdyk? Not a fan of watching Chilemba.
- HBO still owes Lemieux a TV fight, but it won't be his fight in October.
- If he could meet any historic boxer, who would it be? Jack Johnson.
- Current Fighter of the Year? Frampton.
- Kovalev vs. Ward PPV numbers? 300k would be considered very good.
- Jarrell Miller promoter situation? It is obvious his promoter has done a very good job with him.
- Usyk looked terrific vs. Glowacki. Usyk can crack, but Glowacki has a good chin.
- Cotto likely fights in 2017. Opponent still up in the air, but Peterson is likely.
- Mares vs. Cueller before the end of the year? Up in the air...like so many PBC fights.
- Only guys really capable of headlining and carrying their own PPV are: Canelo, Joshua in the UK, Pacquiao, and Mayweather.
- Expects Broner to be fighting on Showtime or Spike in December.
- PBC fighters who have increased their profile? Thurman, Porter, Spence, Frampton, and Wilder. The rest have seemingly regressed.
- Better ODH win: Quartey or Vargas? Vargas.
- Fan wrote in that SOG stands for Speaking Of Golovkin (since Ward won't quit talking about GGG ducking him. Dan replied, LOL, but Ward was never ducked or dodged.
- Most personally satisfying fight he has watched? Freitas beating Casamayor.
- HOF: Froch, Sergio, JMM, Donaire, Bradley, Kessler, and Arthur Abraham? Sergio and JMM are first ballot, inclined to vote for Froch, not sure yet about Donaire and Bradley, probably not for Kessler, and definitely not for Abraham.
- Can Conlan be a legit contender at some point? Yes.
- Has Haye vs. Wilder been agreed to? LOL. It is not true.

Last edited:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
- Klitschko vs. Fury being cancelled is due to the Fury side (not sure of the reason), not Wlad at all. Told the fight will not be rescheduled a second time and will not happen. Believes that Fury will be stripped by at least the WBO and Wlad will fight for the vacant title.
fukking gypsies :francis:

- The PPV model is not broken. Putting on bad fights for $70 is the problem.
word

- Believes GGG and Jacobs gets done. The reasons why: it is a mandatory, HBO now has money with Canelo's fight being cancelled, Haymon needs to get Jacobs a fight and PBC doesn't have a lot of cards left for the year, and Haymon and Loeffler get along pretty well.
- If GGG vs. Jacobs is made it will be on HBO, not PPV.
please get it done so i can start planning on being in the house

- Believes the best of PBC is behind us.
agreed

- GB and TR know how to build champions, PBC does not.
also agree

- 2016 has been one of the worst years in recent boxing history.
its unbelievable how bad this year has been

- PBC fighters who have increased their profile? Thurman, Porter, Spence, Frampton, and Wilder. The rest have seemingly regressed.
lubin too..he was more active than all 5 of them; just no real breakout figjht