Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Watching Canelo, Golovkin, Kovalev and etc... interviews I'm always wondering why some of these boxers can't/won't learn English properly... It would be only logical for fighters who fight in the USA, but these guys just refuse to learn it... :what:

How come that I can learn it in my country (well I was in the USA one time but whatever...), with some mistakes here and there but I can learn it but these guys who fight in the US regularly for years now, can't learn it?

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Pac too

How that guy never learned to speak English fluently... ? Over all those years he lived and worked in the US? :what:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Watching Canelo, Golovkin, Kovalev and etc... interview I'm always wondering why some of these boxers can't/won't learn English properly... It would be only logical for fighters who fight in the USA, but these guys just refuse to learn it... :what:

How come that I can learn it in my country (well I was in the USA one time but whatever...), with some mistakes here and there but I can learn it but these guys who fight in the US regularly for year now, can't learn it?

if someone like ricardo mayorga learned english, dude would have a superstar....another thing is some fighters do actually know english pretty good..just dont like speaking it like that..or they play the role....it blew my mind when I hear JMM and Barrera speak English pretty good but then after their fights they got the interpreters and the whole nine

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pac too

How that guy never learned to speak English fluently... ? Over all those years he lived and worked in the US? :what:

he's a functioning polyglot though..he speaks like 4 languages lol..he can speak in english without a translator and get his point across

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
if someone like ricardo mayorga learned english, dude would have a superstar....another thing is some fighters do actually know english pretty good..just dont like speaking it like that..or they play the role....it blew my mind when I hear JMM and Barrera speak English pretty good but then after their fights they got the interpreters and the whole nine
I would think that's rather a bad decision

or idk.. They think they appeal to Mexican fans with appearing like they wouldn't know English?

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I would think that's rather a bad decision

or idk.. They think they appeal to Mexican fans with appearing like they wouldn't know English?

i know don king didnt want chavez sr or tito to learn english for some reason lol

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
he's a functioning polyglot though..he speaks like 4 languages lol..he can speak in english without a translator and get his point across
He never learned it fluently though... I never understood why...

What 4 languages?

On paper I also know 3, in reality rather 2 and one of them is my mother tongue...

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
He never learned it fluently though... I never understood why...

What 4 languages?

On paper I also know 3, in reality rather 2 and one of them is my mother tongue...

tagalog and spanish..i think there's another filipino dialect

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
i know don king didnt want chavez sr or tito to learn english for some reason lol

So they could never read the contract themselves:youngsabo:

don-king.jpg