Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
9-3 is far from the realty though... :mjlol:
It should have been a draw or one of them by one point type of fight

I don't think he's pulling a JMM, for a fighter who is from Ghana and not with a big promoter, not certainly in the limelight, chances like these aren't give everyday... :yeshrug:

plus he's onto something if he wants a rematch cause it was really close and a great fight and people are also interested in a rematch as far as I saw the post fight comments and opinions. Not just the ones who thought the Communist won but the ones who thought Easter won also.

Only thing that first they should have talked with Easter and his promoters and not appealing to IBF... If that already happened and they didn't succeed then I don't have a bad word on this move cause it's only logical that they try everything I just doubt IBF will order the immediate rematch...

Only reason the scores were close, is because he was given a false KD on the points....Easter's glove never touched the canvas, we all seen that on the replay, and he was winning that 8th round.

Not counting that KD, and STILL giving Commey that round just for sake of argument, the scores would've read 114-114, 116-112, 115-113 for Easter.

Not counting that KD, and giving Easter that round bc he was winning, the scores would've read 115-113, 117-111, 116-112 for Easter.

So, Commey needs to work his way back up the rankings and quit complaining....especially when the ONLY reason the cards were what they were is because he was given a false KD on the cards to give him an extra 2 points.

#TheBunnyTeam

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Only reason the scores were close, is because he was given a false KD on the points....Easter's glove never touched the canvas, we all seen that on the replay, and he was winning that 8th round.

Not counting that KD, and STILL giving Commey that round just for sake of argument, the scores would've read 114-114, 116-112, 115-113 for Easter.

Not counting that KD, and giving Easter that round bc he was winning, the scores would've read 115-113, 117-111, 116-112 for Easter.

So, Commey needs to work his way back up the rankings and quit complaining....especially when the ONLY reason the cards were what they were is because he was given a false KD on the cards to give him an extra 2 points.

#TheBunnyTeam

I strongly disagree here

We both saw the fight, no way that it was a more than 2 points victory for any fighters...
As I remember you also agreed that it was close.

I don't care about the judges, their opinion is not the gospel...

Let's see that rematch, it was close enough for it.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
I strongly disagree here

We both saw the fight, no way that it was a more than 2 points victory for any fighters...
As I remember you also agreed that it was close.

I don't care about the judges, their opinion is not the gospel...

Let's see that rematch, it was close enough for it.

A close fight is a close fight....that doesn't mean that it's reflected on the scores, because you can do enough to win 9 "close rounds" and the final scores will show a 117-111 win.

You cant say someone didn't win 9 rounds because the fight was close. It doesn't matter about the fight overall, they are scored on a round by round basis. If Easter eeks out each round, that's a round in the bank. If he eeked out 8-9-10 close rounds, that's reflected in a 116-117-118 type score at the end of the fight.

My card had Robert Easter Jr winning 115-112, and I gave him rounds 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 9, 11, and 12....which is obviously 8 rounds to 4 in his favor. Easter also would've got round 8 as well my card, giving him a 9th round on my card, but the referee blew that by calling a false KD. If he hadn't blew the call, Easter would've won 9-3 on my card and by a score of 117-111.

Easter edged each one of them rounds which is WHY I said it was a close fight....but it doesn't mean he didn't win the rounds. He just won close rounds.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
A close fight is a close fight....that doesn't mean that it's reflected on the scores, because you can do enough to win 9 "close rounds" and the final scores will show a 117-111 win.

You cant say someone didn't win 9 rounds because the fight was close. It doesn't matter about the fight overall, they are scored on a round by round basis. If Easter eeks out each round, that's a round in the bank. If he eeked out 8-9-10 close rounds, that's reflected in a 116-117-118 type score at the end of the fight.

My card had Robert Easter Jr winning 115-112, and I gave him rounds 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 9, 11, and 12....which is obviously 8 rounds to 4 in his favor. Easter also would've got round 8 as well my card, giving him a 9th round on my card, but the referee blew that by calling a false KD. If he hadn't blew the call, Easter would've won 9-3 on my card and by a score of 117-111.

Easter edged each one of them rounds which is WHY I said it was a close fight....but it doesn't mean he didn't win the rounds. He just won close rounds.
Sorry man, but if you had that fight 9-3 to Easter you're biased with him... No way... :yeshrug:

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
:martin:

Did you even read the post breh?:comeon:
yeah I read it but there's no way he edged out so may rounds imo...
It's not a coincidence that most of the people who saw it want a rematch.
It was no robbery but it could go either way

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
yeah I read it but there's no way he edged out so may rounds imo...
It's not a coincidence that most of the people who saw it want a rematch.
It was no robbery but it could go either way

Going strictly off rounds brehs...

Fight Scorecard - Easter vs Commey | September 9, 2016

Judge 1 who scored it 113-114 for Commey: Had it scored 6 rounds to 6 rounds. Tie.

Judge 2 who scored it 115-112 for Easter: Had it scored 8 rounds to 4 round for Easter.

Judge 3 who scored it 114-113 for Easter: Had it scored 7 rounds to 5 rounds for Easter.

So, what Im saying is that they ALL scored the 8th round, that Easter was winning, for Commey bc the ref's incorrect call.

If it was ruled correctly (a non-KD) they would've took that round from Commey, gave 1 extra round for Easter and he would won 7 rounds to 5, 9 rounds to 3, and 8 rounds to 4 on all 3 of the cards.

Fight was competitive all the way through, so a rematch is cool. But protesting and filing a complaint like you were robbed?:dahell:

He's pulling a Juan Manuel Marquez because he's calling robbery bc he lost a close fight that, honestly, he lost by not doing enough in the 12th PLUS he allowed himself to get rocked that round as well.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Going strictly off rounds brehs...

Fight Scorecard - Easter vs Commey | September 9, 2016

Judge 1 who scored it 113-114 for Commey: Had it scored 6 rounds to 6 rounds. Tie.

Judge 2 who scored it 115-112 for Easter: Had it scored 8 rounds to 4 round for Easter.

Judge 3 who scored it 114-113 for Easter: Had it scored 7 rounds to 5 rounds for Easter.

So, what Im saying is that they ALL scored the 8th round, that Easter was winning, for Commey bc the ref's incorrect call.

If it was ruled correctly (a non-KD) they would've took that round from Commey, gave 1 extra round for Easter and he would won 7 rounds to 5, 9 rounds to 3, and 8 rounds to 4 on all 3 of the cards.

Fight was competitive all the way through, so a rematch is cool. But protesting and filing a complaint like you were robbed?:dahell:
By any means necessary breh :dame:

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi

He's pulling a Juan Manuel Marquez because he's calling robbery bc he lost a close fight that, honestly, he lost by not doing enough in the 12th PLUS he allowed himself to get rocked that round as well.

I'll have to run that fight back to score it. But that KD was a clear NON-KD, and comney taking that hellacious shot in the 12th sealed it for Easter IMO.

Comney just lost a close, good fight--although he sounds like a hoe protesting. JMM CLEARLY lost to BATB @TheNig and still was acting like a sour hoe, never appreciated that........