Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
Pac should have taken that money, I was always on the opinion. It was a shame that he didn't take it.
tbh I never only blamed Floyd for Pac vs May not happening, but Pac too... After the JMM KO of course Pac became much more willing to fight Mayweather cause he had to swallow his pride and accept the circumstances. Before that they were both to be blamed that the fight wasn't happening.

Why would Pac take a flat rate in 2011 when it was offered when he outsold Floyd in ppvs in 2011??

The Pac/Floyd situation is not the same as Pac/Broner.. there's no comparison

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Why would Pac take a flat rate in 2011 when it was offered when he outsold Floyd in ppvs in 2011??

The Pac/Floyd situation is not the same as Pac/Broner.. there's no comparison
cause 50 millions should be enough for anyone

I'm also very proud myself but that's why I know that it's a mistake. Viewing from the outside not accepting 50 millions only cause the other gets even more is unhealthy amount of pride...

That's what the ancient Greeks called hubris

"Hubris (/ˈhjuːbrɪs/, also hybris, from ancient Greek ὕβρις) describes a personality quality of extreme or foolish pride or dangerous over-confidence.[1] In its ancient Greek context, it typically describes behavior that defies the norms of behavior or challenges the gods, and which in turn brings about the downfall, or nemesis, of the perpetrator of hubris."

Anybody should be okay with 50M $

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
cause 50 millions should be enough for anyone

I'm also very proud myself but that's why I know that it's a mistake. Viewing from the outside not accepting 50 millions only cause the other gets even more is unhealthy amount of pride...

That's what the ancient Greeks called hubris

"Hubris (/ˈhjuːbrɪs/, also hybris, from ancient Greek ὕβρις) describes a personality quality of extreme or foolish pride or dangerous over-confidence.[1] In its ancient Greek context, it typically describes behavior that defies the norms of behavior or challenges the gods, and which in turn brings about the downfall, or nemesis, of the perpetrator of hubris."

Anybody should be okay with 50M $

Not when you can make that in 2 fights fighting someone else.. and where the fukk yall getting $50 million from.. It was $40 mill flat that Floyd offered.. pac countered with $50 mill and 50/50 back end... Please lets not rehash this

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Not when you can make that in 2 fights fighting someone else.. and where the fukk yall getting $50 million from.. It was $40 mill flat that Floyd offered.. pac countered with $50 mill and 50/50 back end... Please lets not rehash this
point is the same

bytching about 40 million is hubris

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
canelo-alvarez%20(1)_6.jpg

that shirt hard as fukk though:wow:

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
DCAFs and hate-fueled individuals were and continue to throw shade on Mayweather, even after the fight was all said and done.
Real fans weren't saying that shyt (cept BJ, because we all know how he feels about Manny :dame: )

It's really a question about opportunity. $4 is a lot of money, regardless of the pot. Now, I'm sure AB believes he's worth more. But when handed the opportunity to take down a legend, all time great, still fighting at a high level, you should take it.

Now, I'm not saying he can't get the same amount of money elsewhere... and I'm not saying he shouldn't get a bigger piece of the pie... but what I am saying is that if he's confident in his ability to defeat Pacquiao, taking down and maybe even "retiring" one of the greatest fighters in our lifetimes would be incredible. He'd also be "the" man, conceivably, in boxing.

This type of opportunity doesn't come often, and with each fight being a risk... why not take one with high reward and little repercussion?

Yea u can't turn down fighting a legend and a cash cow, at a reasonable price.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm sure it's been posted but I just saw the story that Danny Garcia ducked Andre Berto to fight John Molina.

:snoop:

Swift is swiftly becoming overrated trash.

Herrera wanted him again and he aint want it.
He wasn't that impressive against Peterson.

And with all the dudes at 140 and 147...he fights Molina?

:why::scust:

• Dap
Reactions: L68

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
FELIX DIAZ CONTINUES HIS PURSUIT
OF TERENCE CRAWFORD

4da96e51-6c63-4ed7-bb8b-9b25a978c7fd.jpg

New York, NY (9/14/16) - Top-rated junior welterweight Felix Diaz wants a fight against Terence Crawford, and the Olympic gold medalist wants it bad. Earlier this week, Diaz called out the undefeated two-division world champion Crawford, and it doesn't seem as though he is planning on quieting down anytime soon.

"I said it earlier and I am going to keep saying it, Crawford is the fight I want," said Diaz. "There was a ton of positive responses throughout the industry after I called him out the other day, and rightfully so. Stylistically, this is a can't-miss fight. Everyone knows it, including him. I have no problem going to Omaha for it either. He is the champion. I have no issues going into his backyard and taking his belt from him. We can fight in his mother's kitchen if that's where he is most comfortable. My bags are packed for Omaha. I'm ready. Terence, are you?"

Diaz (18-1, 8KO's), the only boxer to win an Olympic gold medal for the Dominican Republic, is coming off a career-changing performance back in July. He dominated highly regarded, undefeated welterweight contender Sammy Vasquez, though he is a true super lightweight. Following his victory over Vasquez, Diaz signed with promoter Lou DiBella, with the goal of fighting the biggest names in the sport, and Crawford is at the very top of his list. DiBella has a longstanding working relationship with Crawford's promoter Bob Arum and Top Rank, and the two have promoted numerous events together over the years.

"I have no problem working with Bob to make this fight happen on any network. Bob and I have been making deals for a very long time and I know that we can get something done here. It is really up to Terence if he wants to accept this challenge. This is a fight that any network committed to great boxing would want to televise. The ball is in Terence's court," proclaimed DiBella.

FELIX DIAZ CONTINUES HIS PURSUIT OF TERENCE CRAWFORD - "MY BAGS ARE PACKED FOR OMAHA. I'M READY! ARE YOU?"

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
FELIX DIAZ CONTINUES HIS PURSUIT
OF TERENCE CRAWFORD

4da96e51-6c63-4ed7-bb8b-9b25a978c7fd.jpg

New York, NY (9/14/16) - Top-rated junior welterweight Felix Diaz wants a fight against Terence Crawford, and the Olympic gold medalist wants it bad. Earlier this week, Diaz called out the undefeated two-division world champion Crawford, and it doesn't seem as though he is planning on quieting down anytime soon.

"I said it earlier and I am going to keep saying it, Crawford is the fight I want," said Diaz. "There was a ton of positive responses throughout the industry after I called him out the other day, and rightfully so. Stylistically, this is a can't-miss fight. Everyone knows it, including him. I have no problem going to Omaha for it either. He is the champion. I have no issues going into his backyard and taking his belt from him. We can fight in his mother's kitchen if that's where he is most comfortable. My bags are packed for Omaha. I'm ready. Terence, are you?"

Diaz (18-1, 8KO's), the only boxer to win an Olympic gold medal for the Dominican Republic, is coming off a career-changing performance back in July. He dominated highly regarded, undefeated welterweight contender Sammy Vasquez, though he is a true super lightweight. Following his victory over Vasquez, Diaz signed with promoter Lou DiBella, with the goal of fighting the biggest names in the sport, and Crawford is at the very top of his list. DiBella has a longstanding working relationship with Crawford's promoter Bob Arum and Top Rank, and the two have promoted numerous events together over the years.

"I have no problem working with Bob to make this fight happen on any network. Bob and I have been making deals for a very long time and I know that we can get something done here. It is really up to Terence if he wants to accept this challenge. This is a fight that any network committed to great boxing would want to televise. The ball is in Terence's court," proclaimed DiBella.

FELIX DIAZ CONTINUES HIS PURSUIT OF TERENCE CRAWFORD - "MY BAGS ARE PACKED FOR OMAHA. I'M READY! ARE YOU?"
Those photoshop skills though... :mjlol: