Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Connolly has been vocal about trying to make the most money for his client and he stressed that if the money isn’t there to face Golovkin next, Jacobs would put off the fight until it makes financial sense. Connolly declined to get into specifics about how much Jacobs would have to make.

“This is a business and it’s also the biggest fight out there in the middleweight division,” Connolly said. “So I would think a guy like Danny, who’s earned the right to make a lot of money — GGG and Danny are the No. 1 and No. 2 guys in the division — so anytime there’s a mega-fight in the division you want to get compensated. So if the money is right, we’ll take the fight. If the fight needs to be built up to make the right type of money, we’ll do it in a couple of fights. But by no means is Danny ducking him. He’s very eager to fight GGG.” But he added, providing more than just a ray of hope to fans eager for the fight to happen, “I think we can come to terms.”

Jacobs advisor talks deal points in GGG fight - The Ring

:jbhmm:

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
And this is exactly why Pacquiao vs Vargas has no PPV home & selling tickets on discount:mjlol:

7,000 tickets for a PPV fight in Vegas being sold for $50 in order to fill the venue???:russ:

Even HBO ain't willing to show this bullshyt with their name attached to it and sent Toradol Ted to the bushes in favor of SOG's fight:dead:

They even showing weaker fights like Canelo vs Amir Khan/Liam Smith on PPV, but told that nikka Quackiao to go find his own distribution down the street somewhere:heh:

If they would've paid AB, they wouldn't be homeless right now:sas2:

HBO didn't pick up Pac/Vargas on ppv because there was already 2 scheduled ppvs already lined up before around the same time Pac later confirmed the date of his fight to take place during a specific time because of senatorial duties...

If Haymon would've paid Buscuits more money he would be in a position to demand more than Timothy Bradley, but Buscuits aint worth that much

All he did was go on to win 2 more Championships:sas1:
No he won 1 paper strap against a guy that wasn't even top 10 i the division coming off a loss like he was :scusthov: and beat a shot Paulie for a belt he never successfully defended and got chased out the division

And leftovers?:dahell:

nikka, Salt Water Slim been left :deadmanny: on 3 different occasions & still got Torrecampo, Singsurat, & Money problems (don't even ask me how:sas2:)...plus got 6 losses & 2 draws:heh:

Fighter of the decade? You talking 2000-2009 shyt? nikka, it's been almost a DECADE since LAST DECADE...you still holding on to that?:what:K

It's 2016...and even since the steroids user been forced to stop, he went from a KO artist to a nikka who has YET to win a fight via KO in THIS decade:dead:

Last KO win he was apart of.....he was the victim:mjlol:

nikka had 11 total fights in THIS decade so far, 2010-2016, and already got 3 Ls in and literally left for dead:deadmanny: once as well :heh:

Stop it nikka. Offering the same money to Adrien Broner as you did Timothy Bradley, to face the same opponent, is ridiculous:camby:

Nothing wrong with having Ls on your resume when their against top fighter.. 3 losses this decade.. 1 to TBE.. 1 to the top guy at 140 who moved up who mist consider a robbery.. a lost that he avenged TWICE.. and the other to a futre HOFer guy he had already beat 3x who hired Angel Heredia as his ped Coach...

When has Buscuits avenged a loss before?? His last 2 losses weren't even competitive.. straight ass whippings.. Now he cant make up his mind whether or not to continue fighting bums at 140 or step up to 147 and get his ass beat there.. his future looking bleak..You can keep making up lies about steroids all you want.. font change the fact that Broner demanded $10 million and hasn't done shyt to earn it

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
:russell: I swear yall love having the same convos:snoop:

Tell me why AB should've accepted the same purse as Timothy Bradley got in April, when he's more popular, brings in higher TV ratings, and sells more tickets than Bradley? :martin:
I didn't say he should compare it to Bradley's purse.

Basically he can either play the proud guy who think he is entitled more than 4 million cause "Bradley also got 4 million tho..." :sadcam:
or he can fight the Ricky Burns of the world for not even half as much money...

Why being too proud and compare your purse to a Bradley's purse? If you expect Arum at this point to give you more than 4 million as an "outsider" you're delusional... :yeshrug: Even that 4 was surprising imo...

Sometime you gotta look just your own good and not certainly comparing it to other people's good hence not taking freaking 4 million from pride, lol...

Cause that way you won't even get that 4 millions. How much better is that?

4 millions is still a reasonable price for anyone who's not Pac or May imo, it's not like they would have lowballed Broner.

It's a mistake to build your whole argument on Bradley's purse, Bradley got 7 figures even before Broner was a thing... If he would be so unknown and people would be uninterested him I guess TR would have stopped pay him figures like that. Besides that let's compare their not PPV network ratings from the past 3-4 years and let's see what we get... :ld:

Broner's network ratings since you can't compare his free TV ratings to Bradley's network ratings or PPV ratings (average)

Broner vs Paulie: 890 000 (Malignaggi-Broner does big SHO rating)
Broner vs Maidana: 1.3 M (Broner - Maidana draws big rating for Showtime)
Broner vs Taylor: 852 000 (Broner-Taylor Peaks At Over 1 Million Viewers For SHO - Boxing News)
Broner vs Allakherdiev: 506 000 (HBO, Showtime take a licking from college football)

Now Bradley:

Bradley vs Provo: I only found how it peaked... :francis: it's 1.4 million so let's say the average was 1.2 M, that's fair (Bradley vs Provodnikov: A Ratings Hit on HBO)
Bradley vs Chaves: 966 000 (Impressive TV View Numbers for Timothy Bradley vs. Diego Chaves & Full Boxing Card for HBO)
Bradley vs Vargas: 1.121 M (Bradley-Vargas does solid ratings for HBO)
Bradley vs Rios: 910 000 (Bradley-Rios averages 910,000 viewers)

Broner's overall average: 887 000 with the last on being he lowest among them by fukking far

Bradley's overall average: 1,049,250 with his last being the lowest by a little

:leon:

To be fair with you I say that I'm aware that HBO has bigger audience than Showtime but this is still the best comparison cause comparing free TV ratings to HBO and SHO ratings is like comparing normal network ratings to PPV ratings. Senseless, different category. Add the fact that his fght against Pac also would have been on a network (HBO) not on free TV...

So based on the numbers we can AT LEAST say that Broner is not so much of a bigger name (probably around the same or even a little smaller name) than Badley that he should have turned down 4 million cause Bradley got 4 too...

sorry for the long post :youngsabo:

#SOG_soldier

New York knicks and phoenix suns stan
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
1M vs theopane
1M vs Khabib
1.3 vs Porter
1.2M vs Molina
1.75 vs Maidana

Sooooooooooooooo..............................

4M against some dog eating midget from the phillipines is peanuts :sas2: :dead:
4mil ain't enough breh. That broner pac fight would be huge he deserves at least 6 million since he would bring in major bucks on the back end. Why should he take less than Bradley who isn't a draw at all?

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
I didn't say he should compare it to Bradley's purse.

Basically he can either play the proud guy who think he is entitled more than 4 million cause "Bradley also got 4 million tho..." :sadcam:
or he can fight the Ricky Burns of the world for not even half as much money...

Why being too proud and compare your purse to a Bradley's purse? If you expect Arum at this point to give you more than 4 million as an "outsider" you're delusional... :yeshrug: Even that 4 was surprising imo...

Sometime you gotta look just your own good and not certainly comparing it to other people's good hence not taking freaking 4 million from pride, lol...

Cause that way you won't even get that 4 millions. How much better is that?

4 millions is still a reasonable price for anyone who's not Pac or May imo, it's not like they would have lowballed Broner.

It's a mistake to build your whole argument on Bradley's purse, Bradley got 7 figures even before Broner was a thing... If he would be so unknown and people would be uninterested him I guess TR would have stopped pay him figures like that. Besides that let's compare their not PPV network ratings from the past 3-4 years and let's see what we get... :ld:

Broner's network ratings since you can't compare his free TV ratings to Bradley's network ratings or PPV ratings (average)

Broner vs Paulie: 890 000 (Malignaggi-Broner does big SHO rating)
Broner vs Maidana: 1.3 M (Broner - Maidana draws big rating for Showtime)
Broner vs Taylor: 852 000 (Broner-Taylor Peaks At Over 1 Million Viewers For SHO - Boxing News)
Broner vs Allakherdiev: 506 000 (HBO, Showtime take a licking from college football)

Now Bradley:

Bradley vs Provo: I only found how it peaked... :francis: it's 1.4 million so let's say the average was 1.2 M, that's fair (Bradley vs Provodnikov: A Ratings Hit on HBO)
Bradley vs Chaves: 966 000 (Impressive TV View Numbers for Timothy Bradley vs. Diego Chaves & Full Boxing Card for HBO)
Bradley vs Vargas: 1.121 M (Bradley-Vargas does solid ratings for HBO)
Bradley vs Rios: 910 000 (Bradley-Rios averages 910,000 viewers)

Broner's overall average: 887 000 with the last on being he lowest among them by fukking far

Bradley's overall average: 1,049,250 with his last being the lowest by a little

:leon:

To be fair with you I say that I'm aware that HBO has bigger audience than Showtime but this is still the best comparison cause comparing free TV ratings to HBO and SHO ratings is like comparing normal network ratings to PPV ratings. Senseless, different category. Add the fact that his fght against Pac also would have been on a network (HBO) not on free TV...

So based on the numbers we can AT LEAST say that Broner is not so much of a bigger name (probably around the same or even a little smaller name) than Badley that he should have turned down 4 million cause Bradley got 4 too...

sorry for the long post :youngsabo:

Breh...if you think Bradley & Broner are similar draws, then it's not worth discussing anymore.

Again, a draw is not just ratings. It's TV ratings, ticket selling ability (ya know...having people actually in the venue), and your casual popularity. AB is > Bradley and it's not even worth debating honestly.

For the last time, Adrien Broner sold out the venue and set channel records....against Ashley Theophane:comeon:

Do you think Bradley could do that vs Theophane when he barely got 5,000 people to come see him vs Brandon Rios:usure:

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
4mil ain't enough breh. That broner pac fight would be huge he deserves at least 6 million since he would bring in major bucks on the back end. Why should he take less than Bradley who isn't a draw at all?

He dont want $6mill he wants at least $10mil.. How sway?? How many ppvs has he sold?? Or been on the undercard for??

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Breh...if you think Bradley & Broner are similar draws, then it's not worth discussing anymore.

Again, a draw is not just ratings. It's TV ratings, ticket selling ability (ya know...having people actually in the venue), and your casual popularity. AB is > Bradley and it's not even worth debating honestly.

For the last time, Adrien Broner sold out the venue and set channel records....against Ashley Theophane:comeon:

Do you think Bradley could do that vs Theophane when he barely got 5,000 people to come see him vs Brandon Rios:usure:

None of that shyt matters.. Buscuits is the B-side.. he might be good for ratings but his highest purse is barely 7 figures and he does nothing for Pacquiao resume

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
@Newzz why u worried about the pac fight tho? u said ab talent max out to 140 so that shyt shouldn't even matter about fighting pac unless it was gonna be at 140 or catchweight.:manny:

Because AB can matchup physically with a smaller Welterweight like Pacquiao who is around the same size as him (how many times has Pacquiao said he can still easily make 140?)

Welterweights like Kell Brook, Keith Thurman, Shawn Porter, Errol Spence Jr, etc are all naturally bigger than him and are the ones he'd have to fight due to him being PBC and to get to a Championship.

Amare's Right Hook

Southeast World Champion
Daps
Estrada/Ioka is off, Estrada vacated and is moving up to Super Fly.

14355716_964211213723803_5154772445178431880_n.jpg