Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

#SOG_soldier

New York knicks and phoenix suns stan
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
I think that's actually the problem. Because Haymon is more of a manager than a promoter. They need to hire Gary Shaw and put him and Schaef Dog in a room and lock it til they get this shyt fixed. I think some of these dude's need to get reprimanded for their ducking ways.
They "ducking" becuase like u said all babied these nikkas too much y'all thought that porter v Thurman shyt was messy get ready for Thurman v danny early 2018

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
They "ducking" becuase like u said all babied these nikkas too much y'all thought that porter v Thurman shyt was messy get ready for Thurman v danny early 2018
i was saying this for a good minute and what i was told in return by the majority: "Pat, what about HBO? :sadcam:"

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
I think that's actually the problem. Because Haymon is more of a manager than a promoter. They need to hire Gary Shaw and put him and Schaef Dog in a room and lock it til they get this shyt fixed. I think some of these dude's need to get reprimanded for their ducking ways.
Haymon has usurped power from all these promoters he works with. The promoters pockets were their main interest, and thus our benefit. Haymon's ENTIRE sell is he'll take care of a fighter better than anyone else has in the history of the sport. The second he tries to make a fighter do something they don't want to for less than they want to, it might be the beginning of the end.

Haymon has built himself a very tenuous house of cards.

And the biggest thing he had on his side, the relationship with Floyd, now means nothing as long as Floyd stays retired. The carrot he hung in front of fighters, his promoters, and networks alike is done.

They've got to get DSG and Thurman into the ring with each other, the winner of that will probably be named the new RING welterweight champion and have #1 P4P claims.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Haymon isn't a promoter, he has a tv show and a stable of promoters who anyone can join now outside of GBP.
He bought the tv spots, if you want to get on tv you come through him, he is basically acting as a tv/media funnel for all the promoters.
Thats a smart concept, its on the promoters to build their own fighters.

That said PBC has been putting on some pretty good cards when the promoters make them, like Easter = Commey from AB.

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
i was saying this for a good minute and what i was told in return by the majority: "Pat, what about HBO? :sadcam:"
But pat it's the same across the board. Consistency is the key. Also, as I've stated numerous time, we don't support boxing much in the US.

Why do y'all think Hearn/Frank Warren/Random euro promoter has fights for his dudes the second after the scores are read? Because 5000 ppl will pay to go and see Kell Brook/Ernie Smith 1,2 and 3. When I went to see Fonfara in Chicago this year the arena was 70% full or some shyt :francis:

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
I finally caught up with all the fights after a long and busy weekend (between going to the Jets game and rearranging my girl's intestines :ohlawd:)

Easter/Commey ended up being a very fun fight with quite a bit of action.Definitely one of the best fights this year. I had it 114-113 Easter btw

Jacobs/Mora rematch went as I expected it to. Mora only got the fight due to the broken ankle controversy. Everybody saw an ass whooping coming. Hopefully we see Jacobs/GGG next, I've been asking for that for a while now.

Chocolatito/Cuadras was a good fight. I had it a draw. Was NOT impressed with Chocolatito. Keeping it real I haven't been impressed with him in a while. HBO's dikkriding + calling Cuadras a runner had me like :snoop: Would not mind a rematch. And Chocolatito is definitely not read for Inoue :demonic:

Now for GGG/Brook, where do I start :jbhmm:

First off gotta give props to Brook. He definitely showed out in those 4 rounds and gave GGG a good fight. Those uppercuts :whew: And GGG was straight up telling :duck: talking about how he felt nothing, when it was clear as day those shots had an effect on him. He was definitely shook up briefly and his expression at the time showed it :camby:

That being said, the size and power was just too much to overcome. Those body shots were killing Brook and the eye was fukked up.It was a good decision to stop the fight because it was just gonna get uglier than
Master-P-Converse-All-Star-Smooth.jpg

Funny now that Brook had a good showing everybody is coming out the woodwork to call out GGG :mjlol: The homie @LauderdaleBoss called it not too long ago. Definitely hope we get GGG/Jacobs next, especially since the WBA ordered it. But of course politics are definitely gonna get in the way :francis: Silly Hoe Saunders shall suffice if no Jacobs.

Also in regards to the inevitable GGG/Canelo showdown... at 1st I was completely sure GGG would beat Canelo when it happened. Now I'm starting to think it may be a 50/50ish fight. Canelo's inside game is superior and he'll be licking his chops with all the left hooks and uppercuts at his disposal. But at the same time can his chin, and stamina hold up to GGG's constant pressure, thudding jab & left hook plus those nasty body shots. It's gonna be a great fight when it happens :blessed:

Last edited:

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
And the biggest thing he had on his side, the relationship with Floyd, now means nothing as long as Floyd stays retired. The carrot he hung in front of fighters, his promoters, and networks alike is done.

They've got to get DSG and Thurman into the ring with each other, the winner of that will probably be named the new RING welterweight champion and have #1 P4P claims.

I think as long as Floyd is in the picture, he will have leverage, in terms of getting fighters to sign with him. Showtime/CBS I believe has PBC's back. But we'll see. I'm surprised b/c he does have smart boxing guys in the mix.

P4P #1 is gonna be winner of kkkov/ward my breh

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
I think as long as Floyd is in the picture, he will have leverage, in terms of getting fighters to sign with him. Showtime/CBS I believe has PBC's back. But we'll see. I'm surprised b/c he does have smart boxing guys in the mix.

P4P #1 is gonna be winner of kkkov/ward my breh
I agree, but it's hardly definitive. There's no one out there now who has a resume that's only one fight short of being hands down, the #1 fighter in the world. Ward hasn't had a substantial win in years. He cleaned out a division that now has an entirely new cast of characters at the top. And Kovalev isn't the lineal LHW champ.

The winner of a DSG/Thurman fight would have a legit claim for that spot unless the Kova/Ward winner gets in with Adonis and then the winner of THAT fight is hands down P4P #1.
If Brook was strong enough to clinch GGG without being tossed off so easily...it coulda got real interesting
You mean before or after his face was broken?

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I agree, but it's hardly definitive. There's no one out there now who has a resume that's only one fight short of being hands down, the #1 fighter in the world. Ward hasn't had a substantial win in years. He cleaned out a division that now has an entirely new cast of characters at the top. And Kovalev isn't the lineal LHW champ.

The winner of a DSG/Thurman fight would have a legit claim for that spot unless the Kova/Ward winner gets in with Adonis and then the winner of THAT fight is hands down P4P #1.

You mean before or after his face was broken?

Maybe if he was strong enough to clinch he wouldn't of gotten his face broke :ohhh:

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
If Brook was strong enough to clinch GGG without being tossed off so easily...it coulda got real interesting

He tried to clinch a couple times N GGG broke away asap...after that came the extra :stylin::mj:from Brook N then end was near...he needed to holla at Peterson for his plug
Exactly what those UK posters who jumped in the official thread hyping Brook couldn't figure out. @mr. smoke weed went at them pretty good and GGG admitted it after the fight. Brook may have weighed more than GGG and looked like a MW, but he physically in a boxing sense wasn't a MW.

Edit:
Also to my point, of the things Brook did well and really exposed are things a quicker naturally smaller guy can do, not sure there is a MW right now with those advantages over GGG.

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps

agree but leaving out context.

people knew it was true but just felt u only say shyt about pbc all the time. so basically felt u was biased

but I had said the match up was lacking and that they should pay more if boxers were taking harder test. I never agreed with pbc 100% just felt they would eventually correct the mistakes.