Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
Cliffs? No YT at work.

Sounds like Floyd though he was Mikey's main girl, but found out he was a sidepiece
"We never got a proposal from Floyd...he had other businesses to take care of...I don't know exactly where he stands or plans on doing...he said Floyd assumed that you had already signed...if he still is interested, then make sure he presents a very good offer...if it's not that interesting...I'd rather just do it on my own,"

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
ANDRE BERTO SOUNDS OFF ON DANNY GARCIA FAILED FIGHT: "NOBODY OUTPRICED THEMSELVES...THAT WAS A bytch MOVE"
By Ben Thompson | September 14, 2016

andreberto3.jpg

BT: My man, you know I had to hit you after you put that meme out. Give me the scoop, man! The Garcia fight ain't happening?

AB: I just found out last night; a secret source hit me and kind of told me what was happening. I ain't even get no offer. Al knows that I've always been about my money and made sure I always made a lot of money because I always handle my business correctly. So if it wasn't right, he didn't even bring it to me because he already know what it is with me. So shortly after the conversation, I already see a post on Garcia vs. Molina. I wasn't going to say nothing about it, but then when I heard that they say, "Berto outpriced himself; the fight with Garcia is off," I'm like, hold on, man, I didn't even get no offer. Like, uh uh, don't do this. I just put the meme up like, boy, don't play with me! Don't play with me! If it was a situation where both of us couldn't get paid right, just say that, but don't say nobody outpriced themselves, nobody this, nobody that. Everybody know how you get down, you know what I mean. I ain't knocking your style of trying to fight less for the most money. Man, that's all good, but don't try to throw me in like I'm outpricing myself or I'm ducking you. Come on, man, I've been barking for that fight since after this last one. If it's some type of other capacity, say that, but don't throw my name out there on no other shyt, bro, don't do that.

BT: I know Danny has often said that he doesn't pick his opponents and that he just fights whoever Al wants him to fight. Do you think that's the case here? Was Danny simply told that he'll be fighting John Molina or...

AB: (Cutting in) I mean, if that's the case and that's what you doing, let it be known. Don't go and say some other bullshyt. Just tell them what's really going on, man, you know what I mean.

BT: Or do you think he was offered either you or Molina and he simply preferred Molina?

AB: I don't know. Like I said, I always had love and respect for Danny and his family, to be realistic, you know what I mean. I fukk with his pops, everybody, but I just think that was a bytch move. He just like his dad said in an old interview, man, it's all about fighting the fights for the most money with the less risk. Yeah, that's true sometimes when it comes to a point, but, you know, it also comes to a point of what are you in it for? Of course they here to get money, but fight the better opposition as well. You gonna get paid more fighting the better opposition at the end of the day. But it is what it is.

BT: You've been working with Al for a long time, so you know how fights like this get made. Are you surprised that, for whatever reason, you weren't able to get the fight with Danny?

AB: I'm not surprised because, like I said man, the good thing about Al is, you know, if he could put you in a position to make the most money for the least risk, you know, he's going to do that, which is great, you know what I'm saying, but this right here is a fight that, you know, you were at my last fight and you literally looked at me and you looking at everybody else like, "Yeah, I would love to have that fight next." You know, let's make it happen! My thing is I'm all about the business aspect. Everybody knows me from a long time ago; I've always been about my business. I've always made a shyt load of money because I've been about my business. And if that's the case, just say, "Listen, man, I wanted a good fight, but they wasn't trying to put up enough money for both of us to fight." Don't go and say, "Oh no, he outbidded himself and, you know, this and that and this and that." Come on, dude, don't do that! Don't do that, bro! I've been getting this Al Haymon money since I've been 22 years old, you know what I'm saying. I've been getting a million from 22, 23 and I ain't getting nothing less since, you know what I'm saying, so don't say nobody outbidded themselves, bro. Come on, now! Let's just make it do what it do. Just say, "Hey man, I would love to fight and let me just take this easier fight for the most money. They don't have to pay John Molina as much money and, you know, we gonna make it do what it do. That's it!"

BT: No disrespect to John, but I'm really surprised that he'd be the one to get the fight with Danny. I mean, I know he had a nice win against Provodnikov, but he also lost to Broner and Matthysse. I'm not exactly sure what a win over him does for Danny. I just don't see the point of that fight.

AB: That's crazy! It was just like so, like, so off the radar. But, like I said, a lot of these fights been off the radar lately, man. The Khan and Canelo, the GGG; they kind of just doing whatever they want to do, so, you know, it is what it is. But like I say, man, I ain't finna shyt on John Molina; like I said, that's my guy, but at the same time, listen man, give the people what they want to see, you know what I mean. It's going to be a certain point when you going to sit back and say, "Listen man, I'm at a certain status. I don't want to disrespect the WBC. I'm WBC world champion, you know what I mean. I don't want to fight this guy just because. I want to make sure that folks know I'm not playing. I'm that guy. I'm the WBC champion; I want to give these people fights they need to see. Of course they need to pay me, but these the fights I want." You know what I'm saying? But like I said, man, it's a different situation, different age now. It is what it is.

BT: You used the hashtag #DuckingSeason on a few of your posts. Do you think Danny is literally ducking you? Do you think maybe they saw something that made them think maybe you wouldn't be a good style matchup for him?

AB: I mean, he was up close and personal this last time. He was commentating, so he was up close and personal. So he knows that them punches are coming hard, they coming fast, they coming uppercuts, hooks, all types of different types of ways, and I'm in beast mode right now, you know what I'm saying. So he was able to see it up close and personal. It's a different type of feeling when you hear about it or you think somebody might be slipping or this and that, but really see it up close and see that this nikka is still an animal in so many different ways and he punching like a fukking mack truck, bro. It's a different type of situation, you know what I'm saying. And like I said, he was there my whole time for this last scrap and he just saw that my focus is different, my mentality is different, and, you know, it ain't going to slow down for nobody. Like I said, we just two completely different men athletes. When it comes to business, man, you know I'm all about my business, you know what I'm saying. Al already gave you; he gave you two gimmes them last two fights, so let's get some real shyt cracking, you know what I mean. But like I say, man, I'm not in his mind, I'm not in his head. They handle their business however they want to handle it. They don't want to worry about or care too much about legacy. I mean, they want to make sure they secure they bag, and that's, shyt, there ain't nothing wrong with that either, but when you coming out with it, man, make sure that everything is clear.

BT: Even before your rematch with Oritz, it seemed like all signs were pointing to this fight being next on the horizon. How does it affect your mindset moving forward now that you have to switch gears and start thinking about a different opponent?

AB: I mean, it's the fight game, man, so you just gotta refocus. While he's fighting John Molina, you know, whoever I'm fighting next, I just gotta continue just letting it be known that we one of the top and soon to be the best welterweight in the world, so I'm gonna make it evident that every move that anybody makes with me now is gonna be for a reason. If they don't wanna fight, we know why. You know what I'm saying! If they want to fight, hey, everybody gonna give them those kudos, but at the end of the day, man, listen, I'm on this road of destruction right now. Coming off this Floyd fight, coming off this Ortiz fight, you know, I'm a completely different fighter now just physically, mentally, health-wise. I'm just ready to wreck shyt and just continue moving; that's it. I can't knock a man for what kind of route he's taking, but I know what I'ma do. Everybody know what I'ma do though, you know what I'm saying. If my back's against the wall, everybody know what I'ma do. I'ma motherfukkin' scrap and I've been doing that. Eyes closed, whatever the case may be, they know I'm in that bytch scrapping. I don't care about nothing else.

ANDRE BERTO SOUNDS OFF ON DANNY GARCIA FAILED FIGHT: "NOBODY OUTPRICED THEMSELVES...THAT WAS A bytch MOVE" || FIGHTHYPE.COM

it maybe fukked up what happened behind the scenes and all or not but its only right swift-berto doesn't happen...berto has no business being in a title fight anyways...its funny how haymon is known for paying these nikkas right supposedly to face the comp they have and yet its now a major problem within PBC...imagine that :youngsabo:.....negotiations for swift-peralta was something i joked/trolled about because he beat the 147 jobber known as ghost which led to one of the few times since ive been on this board i was rendered speechless when it turned it out to be something for real :skip:..swift-molina makes no sense period..even though molina beat prov, it was at 140...this is like scraping the bottom of the barrel..yet someone like diaz who actually beat a live body that was part of the whole wbc tournament wasnt considered and he has no fight on the horizon..the whole shyt is ridiculous

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
If only Canelo was as confident as u :wow:
:heh: props that make me chuckle.

Canelo's a fighter breh, I don't think he is in any way shape form or fashion legit shook of fighting anyone. I think that can be said for most boxers, but the business said makes them seem shook.

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
it maybe fukked up what happened behind the scenes and all or not but its only right swift-berto doesn't happen...berto has no business being in a title fight anyways...its funny how haymon is known for paying these nikkas right supposedly to face the comp they have and yet its now a major problem within PBC...imagine that :youngsabo:.....negotiations for swift-peralta was something i joked/trolled about because he beat the 147 jobber known as ghost which led to one of the few times since ive been on this board i was rendered speechless when it turned it out to be something for real :skip:..swift-molina makes no sense period..even though molina beat prov, it was at 140...this is like scraping the bottom of the barrel..yet someone like diaz who actually beat a live body that was part of the whole wbc tournament wasnt considered and he has no fight on the horizon..the whole shyt is ridiculous
shyt's a joke pat. And unfortunately, we the boxing consumers aka real heads, who DVR/watch live/pay for HBO n SHO/buy ppvs who are losing.

@Don Ibiza Ibrahimovic made a good point a few weeks ago, many of these PBC fighters will retain their wealth and health by the time they hang it up. On the flipside (and this will sound callous), they signed up for boxing and know what the deal is.

Hopefully Schaef dog and Al are in locked door meetings coming up with a solution to this problem, but I doubt it. shyt with the exception of himself, AB has done a GREAT job promoting his fighters through PBC. So IDK how it works for his brehs, but 90% of the rest of the roster can't wrap their head around it.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
shyt with the exception of himself, AB has done a GREAT job promoting his fighters through PBC. So IDK how it works for his brehs, but 90% of the rest of the roster can't wrap their head around it.

i wanna highlight this because its realer than real deal holyfield...i get on broner for wasting his own talent, being undisciplined, and doing young nikka shyt that i despise..but i have to give him props on being an actual authentic draw out of all the haymon fighters...within a few years broner has pretty much surpassed floyd on the promoter tip and is starting to make haymon look bad because the level under broner in terms of draw (thurman, wilder, swift) dont have that type of momentum as his fighters

LeVraiPapi

Redemption is Coming
Daps
Dudes wanna clap Berto huh ? I see y all little jokes.

Ghost got 1.2 mil vs Switf 1.4 mil so Berto asking for 1 mil is a bad thing ? Garcia rather get his mil against Molina, but then that's another dangerous fight. Molina can really hurt Garcia and make him stay flat footed if he works behind the jab. We all know Molina got a good chin and a good defense too.

Always time for a Berto fight. Hope Al tries to do the PPV this year

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Dudes wanna clap Berto huh ? I see y all little jokes.

Ghost got 1.2 mil vs Switf 1.4 mil so Berto asking for 1 mil is a bad thing ? Garcia rather get his mil against Molina, but then that's another dangerous fight. Molina can really hurt Garcia and make him stay flat footed if he works behind the jab. We all know Molina got a good chin and a good defense too.

Always time for a Berto fight. Hope Al tries to do the PPV this year

Berto got 750k for Ortiz and won...only right his price increases in a title shot against the Champ:manny:

LeVraiPapi

Redemption is Coming
Daps
Berto got 750k for Ortiz and won...only right his price increases in a title shot against the Champ:manny:

Won in a good fashion and looked good except for 1 round.

You tell me Ghost deserves more money than Berto ? In what world breh ? Danny was waiting to see what Berto gets only to ask more when the money is not there. There was no ducking from either side, but Danny needs to fight a good comp before rust takes him over

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fernando Vargas is Disappointed by Mindset of Today's Boxers

By Steve Kim

Gabe Rosado fights this weekend at AT&T Stadium near Dallas, Texas against Willie Monroe. But the fight Rosado and his trainer, Fernando Vargas, wanted was against WBO middleweight titlist, Billy Joe Saunders.

Rosado-Monroe will be part of Saturday's HBO Pay-Per-View - where Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez will challenge WBO junior middleweight champion Liam Smith.

"Yeah, we wanted this fight bad but this is still a good fight for us," said the former world champion-turned-trainer ."We're going to look great in this fight. We had an awesome camp I just feel that it's going to be a defining moment for Gabriel."

fernando-vargas.jpg

Vargas and his fighter were under the impression that a deal to face Saunders (with the winner to face Canelo in December) had been consummated.

"It was our understanding that he had agreed to it and we were in camp for two months already and it didn't work out. We're still going to fight a southpaw and we're still going to look great Saturday."

There is a chance that the winner of Rosado-Monroe could face 'Canelo' in the the near future.

The mindset of today's boxers is a far cry from that of Vargas, who was never afraid to take on the game's best at an early age from the likes of Ike Quartery, Winky Wright and Oscar De La Hoya. It leaves 'el Feroz' dismayed.

One example, explained by Vargas, is Canelo challenging Gennady Golovkin back in May and then vacating his WBC middleweight belt.

"Y'know, just like I think about Canelo - not taking anything away from him.... he's a great fighter - but you're calling out somebody and saying you'll put on the gloves right now, it's like me calling out (Felix) Trinidad and I said he's a great champion and I want to unify the titles with him and I just give up my belt. I don't know...it's a different mindset," Vargas said.

L68

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
nah I see it going more like mosley-margarito. now I think little g is much more skilled than margarito. but the fight will have the same basic premise. the faster, sharper, much more skilled fighter coming in as the huge underdog. vs the unstoppable machine who's walking through everybody. once the fight starts, little g will go right at canelo's chest expecting him to run away. but to his surprise, canelo is gonna stand right in front of him....he's gonna make himself available to little g and dare him to attack. and when little g takes the bait and fires off a shot that hits nothing but air....canelo will respond with a straight right hand that rattles his head around.....little g will hear the crowd gasp and cheer in excitement....he's gonna brush it off and think to himself "yes streetfight. mexican style. tis good"....he will continue to pump himself up as he takes flush accurate counter shots to the face one after another. after canelo lands his first nasty body punch little g will think "what the fukk was that!?".....and the first round will close with the crowd on their feet and abel sanchez in a state of worry as little g's face already shows signs of serious damage. come the 3rd, 4th round, canelo will land something huge....something that will begin to shake little g's mindstate....a punch where he finally has to admit to himself that these shots are hurting like a muthafukker. this cycle will repeat over and over...as little g stalks canelo around, unable to land anything clean, and being bombarded with thundering blows to his face and body. the fight has now turned into target practice.

In the mid rounds, we will see something we've never seen from little g before. canelo will unleash a vicious combination that stops little g dead in his tracks. but this time little g will stop pushing forward....the thousands in attendance and millions watching at home will watch in disbelief as little g takes his first step backwards. his retreat will begin and he will start looking for a safe zone. and this is when canelo will go full blown :demonic:......and what will go down as the most powerful image of the boxing year.....it will be canelo who is now walking little g down and trapping him against the ropes. little g can no longer hear the chants from the crowd. he can no longer hear abel sanchez screaming at him to throw the jab. he can just hear silence as he comes to the realization that he was lied to. that he wasn't an unstoppable force like everybody told him. that "mexican style" isn't just about how many punches you throw, but also about the adversity you can overcome and keep pushing. no more gimmicks, no more hype....nothing can save him now. he's trapped and all he can see is a blurry picture of a red headed assassin releasing hell fire on his domepiece. he just wants it to end. suddenly the lights consume him and he slowly fades to black. he finds himself in a broken down boxing gym in Kazakhstan.....a 15 year old boy looking in the mirror with a 2nd chance at life. he puts the gloves down and walks home. little g never happened.

#CaneloCartel

:blessed: