Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:dahell:

Nah :camby:

Triple G is the WBA SUPER champion, Danny Jacobs is the WBA regular champion. Jacob's has a better win (Quillin) than any of G's, but triple g is much more popular, and promoted by HBO. Odds are it'll go to a purse bid which will be an insane amount of fukkery. That's not a ppv fight.
I didn't say anything about popularity. I said Jacobs is more established.

And I'm sure Jacobs could do better than 97g in PPV...

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
They are trying to make Jacobs fight GGG. Jacobs holds the lesser version of GGG's belt, so they want to consolidate and have Jacobs challenge for the big boy belt. GGG's team has reached out to Jacob's in the past and never got a response. A GGG fight would be the highest Jacobs has ever been paid, previous was $1.5 million for Quillin. Sure a Canelo fight would pay him more, but he has never been in rumors to fight Canelo and Canelo is unlikely to fight Jacobs. If Canelo does decide to take a fight at 160, odds are he takes on BJS (they have already tried to negotiate), Lemieux (easy fight to make as both are GB), or someone who will work with HBO easily (I think Canelo has an HBO exclusive contract as well).
Well said.
Good points.

:ehh:

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps

Triple G is the WBA SUPER champion, Danny Jacobs is the WBA regular champion. Jacob's has a better win (Quillin) than any of G's, but triple g is much more popular, and promoted by HBO. Odds are it'll go to a purse bid which will be an insane amount of fukkery. That's not a ppv fight.

I'd say Murray is a slightly better win than Quillin but there's not so much of a difference in levels

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Quillin ain't never making 160 again...especially after taking an entire year off

N ain't nobody buying a Jacobs ppv...nikka would be lucky to sell 97 let alone 97,000
So you say who will lose the pursue bid will basically lose his belt?

If GGG's side wins then maybe Jacobs will go to fight on HBO though but if Haymon wins... HBO won't let GGG to fight anywhere else...

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
So you say who will lose the pursue bid will basically lose his belt?

If GGG's side wins then maybe Jacobs will go to fight on HBO though but if Haymon wins... HBO won't let GGG to fight anywhere else...

Jacobs can fight on HBO...PBC fighters been on HBO this year no problem

If PBC wins purse bid I see GGG vacating the belt Cuz they will obviously want it on one of their channels N HBO won't allow that

But PBC is broke so how will they win that purse bid??

If K2 wins the purse bid... Like I said Jacobs can fight on HBO...but HBO is broke N won't be paying, nobody think it'll do well on PPV...N then there's the whole thing of Jacobs even accepting the $$$ split Cuz the nikka wants 5 Ms

This like most of boxing in 2016 is a giant clusterfukk :russ:

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
I mean if his ass stays at 160 that'd be pathetic, and I don't even know if its possible. But those would be great fights.

ggg shouldn't really mention 168 unless he want's to go there for real. He'd have his hands full with DeGale+the added power of SMW
I could have sworn a goat fighter stayed at one weight class there whole career.. If the money makes cents then why not. But i do like fighters become champions at different weight classes but when u have a fighter who is already in his 30's and he continues to make weight it would just be best to stay there, unless u have a Floyd or a big money maker at a higher weight class... Rightnow it looks like ggg is going to have some good pay dats in the future.

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps

If PBC wins purse bid I see GGG vacating the belt Cuz they will obviously want it on one of their channels N HBO won't allow that

If K2 wins the purse bid... Like I said Jacobs can fight on HBO...but HBO is broke N won't be paying, nobody think it'll do well on PPV...N then there's the whole thing of Jacobs even accepting the $$$ split Cuz the nikka wants 5 Ms

I agree with all this except GGG vacating. That is what makes it really interesting because I don't think GGG wants to vacate at all. Do K2 and/or HBO step up to appease GGG?

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
I could have sworn a goat fighter stayed at one weight class there whole career.. If the money makes cents then why not. But i do like fighters become champions at different weight classes but when u have a fighter who is already in his 30's and he continues to make weight it would just be best to stay there, unless u have a Floyd or a big money maker at a higher weight class... Rightnow it looks like ggg is going to have some good pay dats in the future.
Bread just touched on this:
"GGG does not have to move up anywhere. The notion that he has to move up sounds ridiculous. He has 4 huge fights at 160. BJ Saunders, Chris Eubank, Canelo Alvarez and Danny Jacobs. If he runs that table he has a whole generation of huge junior middleweights who will middleweights by 2018. Hagler, Monzon and Fullmer never moved up. There careers turned out just fine. Hogg Wash."

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps

there were plenty of good fights though

and if Hayon would think (I hope not cause GGG losing his belt that way wouldn't be fair) he could just bid with something he knows he can't afford because he also knows that if he wins it probably won't happen anyways cause HBO doesn't let Golovkin to fight elsewhere so he just wins the bidding with some bluffing and then Golovkin has to vacate so Jacobs can fight for the belt...

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps

u think quillen that much better than le-eww?

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I agree with all this except GGG vacating. That is what makes it really interesting because I don't think GGG wants to vacate at all. Do K2 and/or HBO step up to appease GGG?

I doubt GGG would want to vacate

But I also highly Doubt HBO is gonna let GGG fight on another network

GGG N em is more likely to budge then HBO :manny: