Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Eubanks, Jacobs.. Kid chocolate if he gets his senses back, lee talking about wanting to fight ggg, more opportunities will open up as time goes by too.
Apparently Chris Eubank Sr. is the hardest person in the world to deal with, so I don't see that fight happening. BJS/Jacobs/Canelo would a streak of some real nice fights. Too bad 97g got big when he did. I'd love to see him vs J Rock or Andrade in 2 years. Oh yea he can run it with Lara too, if he becomes unshook.

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
I agree with mostly everything you posted....

But Brook's corner DID save his career. Don't forget, he still had 7 1/2 more rounds to go against a demonic puncher with a broken eye socket:mjpls:

If he couldn't last 5 full rounds with GGG while healthy...how was he supposed to do so with a broken eye socket and seeing 3 versions of GGG stalking him & throwing with the meanest intentions I've, personally, ever seen GGG throw punches at people, and still have to battle fatigue from being heavily on the move for 7 1/2 more rounds?

His career was saved, no doubt about it. It was only a matter of time before GGG flatlined him. Again, yall keep forgetting that Brook lasted less than 5 full rounds. The fight didn't make it even halfway thru and they threw in the white towel, because Brook quit (per RJJ):manny:

So if Kell Brook wanted it stopped himself, you know the punishment he was taking wasn't no joke:yeshrug:

Looking at the x ray I think brook ruined his career, the socket was shattered, no hair line fracture, a steel plate won't hold up in a fight.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
Apparently Chris Eubank Sr. is the hardest person in the world to deal with, so I don't see that fight happening. BJS/Jacobs/Canelo would a streak of some real nice fights. Too bad 97g got big when he did. I'd love to see him vs J Rock or Andrade in 2 years. Oh yea he can run it with Lara too, if he becomes unshook.
I really hope BJS and Canelo face each other honestly because that would be an interesting clash of styles. BJS is better than people think

#SOG_soldier

New York knicks and phoenix suns stan
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
andre ward is not pac or floyd..he doesn't transcend the sport..esp since pac is still in the picture..the casual knows who manny pacquiao is...ward not so much
nikka you know who is the cash cow now. I bet canelo will do more buys than vargas and pac.

The best boxer is dre.......by far

And the biggest draw is canelo

GzUp

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
I can see ggg fighting j rock and Andrade in the future, I'm reading degale wants to fight ggg too but doesn't he fight at 168, maybe a catch weight will do but I just don't see ggg moving up to 168 ever, with the possibility of a Canelo fight he will never move up.

GzUp

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
They tried to get bjs to fight Gabe Rosa do on the smith canelo undercard. Winner get canelo, but bjs turned it down.
British fighters are wierd, they almost look scary and careful when it comes to picking fights and that's why I'm always :bryan:when they lose... They probably view us the same way though.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Eubanks, Jacobs.. Kid chocolate if he gets his senses back, lee talking about wanting to fight ggg, more opportunities will open up as time goes by too.
Let's see if Eubank can bounce back first. Under "bouncing back" I mean taking again on a fighter who is at least o BJS level and beat him clearly

I never rated BJS that high... He wouldn't be a better win for Golovkin than Murray or Monroe imo... That's just how wack is the mw division is

Quillin is done, I'd bet on that...

I like Lee but he is really a limited fighter...

these fighters don't hype me up at all, maybe Eubank will is he proves that he is o that level already but first he should prove that...

Jacobs vs Golovkin is the only Golovkin vs other mw matchup I'm really nterested in now

mr. smoke weed

Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
I can see ggg fighting j rock and Andrade in the future, I'm reading degale wants to fight ggg too but doesn't he fight at 168, maybe a catch weight will do but I just don't see ggg moving up to 168 ever, with the possibility of a Canelo fight he will never move up.
I mean if his ass stays at 160 that'd be pathetic, and I don't even know if its possible. But those would be great fights.

ggg shouldn't really mention 168 unless he want's to go there for real. He'd have his hands full with DeGale+the added power of SMW

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So they're trying to make GGG fight Danny Jacobs next.

But if you're Jacobs, you could argue that you're the more established fighter. Jacobs would make more money if he could secure a fight with Canelo after this weekend instead.

Man I don't get these boxing commissions.

GGG ppv buys ain't gonna get Jacob paid. That's for sure.
:yeshrug:

mr. smoke weed

Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi

But if you're Jacobs, you could argue that you're the more established fighter. Jacobs would make more money if he could secure a fight with Canelo after this weekend instead.

:dahell:

Nah :camby:

Triple G is the WBA SUPER champion, Danny Jacobs is the WBA regular champion. Jacob's has a better win (Quillin) than any of G's, but triple g is much more popular, and promoted by HBO. Odds are it'll go to a purse bid which will be an insane amount of fukkery. That's not a ppv fight.

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps

They are trying to make Jacobs fight GGG. Jacobs holds the lesser version of GGG's belt, so they want to consolidate and have Jacobs challenge for the big boy belt. GGG's team has reached out to Jacob's in the past and never got a response. A GGG fight would be the highest Jacobs has ever been paid, previous was $1.5 million for Quillin. Sure a Canelo fight would pay him more, but he has never been in rumors to fight Canelo and Canelo is unlikely to fight Jacobs. If Canelo does decide to take a fight at 160, odds are he takes on BJS (they have already tried to negotiate), Lemieux (easy fight to make as both are GB), or someone who will work with HBO easily (I think Canelo has an HBO exclusive contract as well).