Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps

The whole article, especially the bold parts are :scust::camby: category. This article perfectly embodies what's my problem with the whole GGG phenomenon. Not certainly with the fighter himself although he also did things I don't like, but with the whol hype machne ad all these p*ssy journalists who are crying like babies over any Golovkin critcsm.

Now in 2016 we got to the pont where on the biggest online boxing newspaper's board a journalist who's in his feels just flat out writes down that anyone who has something bad to say about Golovkin is a hater. :dahell: Fine, then call me a hater, all these guys can fukk off. Yeah by now it would be funny to see him losing even just for the reactions from all these dikkriders. :demonic:

When he talks about Hopkins was handled the same way... :childplease: If anything Hopkins was always an overachiever on paper, a fighter who never got the hype GGG gets even with a much better resume. He was supposed to lose to Trinidad, to Pavlik, maybe to DLH too, I'm not sure. Hopkins moved up 2 divisions and built a career on being an overachiever, how was he handled the same way as GGG? How?

Talking about the number of KO's... this part: "Say what you want about GGG’s opponents, but the fact that the last 23 have been unable to make it to the final bell should tell you something"
I hope he holds Wilder, Jonatha Guzman or Joshua with the same high regards and gives them the same type of hype and dikkriding then if that's really what it takes :mjlol:
and how about the fighters who doN't get the benefit of the doubt and get half the hype even if they have a better resume than Golovkin?

Brook's corner saved his career? :camby:

Still coming with he Olympic silver in regards of pro boxing in fukking 2016? :camby:

Repeating the same old bullshyt about nothing is Golovkin' fault in the world and everybody just ducks him? :mindblown: :camby:

I thought we are done with this shyt by now but no... there are still goofballs like this guy...

Sorry guys but this type of shyt really flips me... :shaq2:

I agree with mostly everything you posted....

But Brook's corner DID save his career. Don't forget, he still had 7 1/2 more rounds to go against a demonic puncher with a broken eye socket:mjpls:

If he couldn't last 5 full rounds with GGG while healthy...how was he supposed to do so with a broken eye socket and seeing 3 versions of GGG stalking him & throwing with the meanest intentions I've, personally, ever seen GGG throw punches at people, and still have to battle fatigue from being heavily on the move for 7 1/2 more rounds?

His career was saved, no doubt about it. It was only a matter of time before GGG flatlined him. Again, yall keep forgetting that Brook lasted less than 5 full rounds. The fight didn't make it even halfway thru and they threw in the white towel, because Brook quit (per RJJ):manny:

So if Kell Brook wanted it stopped himself, you know the punishment he was taking wasn't no joke:yeshrug:

Last edited:

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
I agree with mostly everything you posted....

But Brook's corner DID save his career. Don't forget, he still had 7 1/2 more rounds to go against a demonic puncher with a broken eye socket:mjpls:

If he couldn't last 5 full rounds with GGG while healthy...how was he supposed to do so with a broken eye socket and seeing 3 versions of GGG stalking him & throwing with the meanest intentions I've, personally, ever seen GGG throw punches at people, and still have to battle fatigue from being heavily on the move for 7 1/2 more rounds?

His career was saved, no doubt about it.

If he saw 3 from him he probably would have got KOd sooner or later but that's it, his career wouldn't be over

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
If he saw 3 from him he probably would have got KOd sooner or later but that's it, his career wouldn't be over

You would allow your fighter to take head shots from one of the hardest punchers of this era, for 2-3 more rounds at that, when he already has a broken eye socket and cant really see correctly?:dwillhuh: AND your fighters punches aren't strong enough to slow down this monster in order to keep him from walking straight at you with his hands down, eating your punches to give you more punishment?:ohhh:

That's career ending damage....word to The Boxing Banker:manny:

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
You would allow your fighter to take head shots for 2-3 more rounds when he already has a broken eye socket and cant really see correctly?:dwillhuh:

That's career ending damage....word to The Boxing Banker:manny:
I doN't say that I would allow it but I doubt that his career would have ended :manny:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
I doN't say that I would allow it but I doubt that his career would have ended :manny:

we dont know what could push a boxer's threshold past the point of no return...but taking sustained punishment from a big puncher will increase that scenario greatly lol

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
SOG right now
Triple-H.gif

andre ward is not pac or floyd..he doesn't transcend the sport..esp since pac is still in the picture..the casual knows who manny pacquiao is...ward not so much

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
we dont know what could push a boxer's threshold past the point of no return...but taking sustained punishment from a big puncher will increase that scenario greatly lol
Especially, b/c as @Newzz said, ggg was throwing punches with mean intentions. He was throwing the overhand chopping right (which I don't think I've ever seen him throw), which if it connected--especially with Brook leaning forward, could have ended his career on the spot.