Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
Laszlo Papp is probably the most famous boxer from our country ever :ehh: We have got an arena named after him too
I don't really count ourselves as Eatern Europe though even if we were the part of the Eatern block. We are rather Middle Europe like Czech Republic, Poland or Slovakia. But whatever, it's just spitting hairs. Except the Western part of the country, some bigger cities and Budapet + it's suburbs we are sadly really rather East than West :francis:
Word? You in Hungary? They seem to have a solid amateur boxing program there.

that froch fight was a heartbreaker..all he had to do was remain standing in 12 and the title would have been his on 2 of the cards..i honestly didnt expect much from him by the time of the abe fight

being ko'ed by pavlik is one thing (that was :francis:) but then he let pavlik jab him up and wear him down to a decision in the rematch..mufukka was hanging on to dear life not to get ko'ed by him again in the later rounds and he wasn't even in trouble :smh:
That Froch fight was pure madness. I think he even knocked froch down at one point and he was pulling away on the cards. It was Froch's US debut and jermaine was on a mission that night. That 12th round was something outta a movie. :wow:
I was like "just a few seconds Jermaine" "Tie him up" "Tie his ass up":damn:
His soul left his body with seconds to spare:dwillhuh:

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
ive heard people say they think Jacobs got koed cause the cancer affecting him....don't know if that could be true.:lupe:

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Word? You in Hungary? They seem to have a solid amateur boxing program there.

Yeah, I thought everyone knows it by now :pachaha:

btw... maybe back in the days, nowadays would't say so... Hungarian boxing is pretty dead... We had two boxers on the Olympic games. One of them got eliminated in the first round by a French guy, the second one beat his first opponent but after that got KOd very hard by Arlene Lopez (you may even saw the gif).

Our lat notable champion was Erdei Zsolt imo... He had a nice run in LHW and one time he even got a CW world title. But you know he was with a German promoter... :snoop: So you can imagine the level of opposition they usually brought to him :upsetfavre:

BoxRec - Zsolt Erdei

The axe murderer

Daps
Yeah, I thought everyone knows it by now :pachaha:

btw... maybe back in the days, nowadays would't say so... Hungarian boxing is pretty dead... We had two boxers on the Olympic games. One of them got eliminated in the first round by a French guy, the second one beat his first opponent but after that got KOd very hard by Arlene Lopez (you may even saw the gif).

Our lat notable champion was Erdei Zsolt imo... He had a nice run in LHW and one time he even got a CW world title. But you know he was with a German promoter... :snoop: So you can imagine the level of opposition they usually brought to him :upsetfavre:

BoxRec - Zsolt Erdei
You were born there breh? I know little of the boxing scene there. They had like 20 gold medals or so in the olympics in their history. For a small population that is impressive

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
ive heard people say they think Jacobs got koed cause the cancer affecting him....don't know if that could be true.:lupe:
Its not true, Pirog was the truth. Think of a eastern european MW with a beautiful shoulder roll, excellent counter puncher, who had some real pop.
That was Pirog. The man dismantled Jacobs completely then put his ass to sleep.
It was so beautiful.

He was actually supposed to fight GGG before he retired, the injuries, shoulder and back got to him and he had to retire. I do believe if he fought GGG there would be no hype anymore. He would have put GGG down.

The axe murderer

Daps
Tyson Fury misses Wladimir Klitschko press conference

But Wladimir Klitschko insists he will wait and time will run out for Tyson Fury, writes John Dennen

• Tyson Fury doesn’t appear for press conference due to ‘broken down car’
  • The champion faces a UKAD hearing but only after his first defence on October 29
  • This Klitschko rematch will be available on BoxNation Box Office, a new pay-per-view option on the Sky platform
  • ‘I will wait and eventually time will run out for the champion,’ warns Klitschko
Tyson-Fury.jpg

Action Images/Peter Cziborra

jdennen.jpg

Read morearticles by
John Dennen

Don’t miss any action. Sign up for the free BN newsletter(s) here

THE going is rarely straightforward when it comes to Tyson Fury’s tortured rematch with Wladimir Klitschko. It has finally been signed and sealed although a press conference today (September 12) in London to formally announce the heavyweight title fight for October 29 at the Manchester Arena had to go ahead without the presence of Tyson Fury himself. Promoter Mick Hennessy explained the champion’s absence, saying, “We spoke to him briefly before his battery’s gone, he’s had problems with traffic and also his car has broken done so all we can do is get on with it.

“This is the very first press conference Tyson Fury has ever missed, he is normally very early at press conferences and he is normally very entertaining at press conferences. So this is not the norm and we are not making it up.”

Fury still needs to have a hearing with UKAD to answer allegations of a doping violation but that won’t take place until after the Klitschko fight. “There is no danger of that stopping the fight,” declared Frank Warren, whose channel BoxNation will televise the fight. He added, “If his car breaks down on the way to the arena, I’ll pick him up on my motorbike.”

Peter Fury, Tyson’s uncle and trainer said. “There has been chaos around this fight, especially with UKAD slipping statements out to the public, people guilty before they are even tried – chaos – but we are happy, we have had hard knocks in life but we can happily say this will happily go ahead because that is what the judge has ruled and I am so happy we can have the fight.”

As well as being available to BoxNation subscribers as usual, for the first time there isBoxNation Box Office, a one-off pay-per-view option for Sky customers.

Peter promised, “It will be a great fight, it will be a lot different than the last time because Wladmir Klitschko knows he has to do something different and Tyson Fury knows he has to do something different than last time. This is a lot more interesting fight, usually when you look at the history when it’s a great fight the first time we are always in for a dour fight the second time. Last time it wasn’t that exciting a fight because it was a chess match, they had to be cautious, but in this time both sides know what they have to do. Wladimir Klitschko knows he has to do something different if he is going to get his belts back and this will make for an entertaining fight.

“That is the sparring we are doing, that is the preparation we are doing, and we are looking forward to getting it on. There have been a lot of ups and downs along the way to get the fight on, but now we are here. I want to see what Tyson Fury really is. I see Tyson Fury as one of the best fighters in the world and I want him to prove his legacy.”

Klitschko for his part sounded relaxed about Tyson’s no show and relaxed about the fight itself. “I understand the situations, Fury is not here right now but maybe he is invisible. But eventually – and I hope so – we will meet in the ring. It’s OK, I can wait. I can wait because I have enough patience. Because I am really looking forward to the revenge. I really hope that eventually we will get into the ring and just not in another press conference. So trust me, even if invisible Fury is here or not, I really just hope this fight is going to happen. I am 40 already but I will wait. Even if it doesn’t happen, I will wait and eventually time will run out for the champion,” Wladimir said.

“I am not surprised if anything else turns up, if Tyson Fury is going to show up, singing and being Batman or being the invisible man so anyway I am prepared for anything, I have my goal.”

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
danny got diagnosed in mid 2011; he was ko'ed by pirog at least 10 months before....its not the cancer..he had a death in his family around that time..thats why in the post fight interview he kept on talking about family...i think it was about his grandmother

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Gennady Golovkin criticism is unfounded - The Ring

Gennady Golovkin broke Kell Brook’s orbital bone around his right eye and finished off the unbeaten Brit in Round 5 of their middleweight title bout on Sept. 10 in London after Brook’s corner saved their fighter’s career by waving the towel.

And there are still complaints about Golovkin’s performance.

“He’s too slow.”

“He gets hit too much.”

“He can’t deal with a real boxer.”

“He’s not that good.”

Honestly, I don’t know what to tell people about “GGG” anymore. If you have something negative to say about an unbeaten 2004 Olympic silver medalist who has never been knocked down and has recorded 23 straight knockouts while holding the WBA (Super), WBC, IBF and IBO middleweight titles, you’re simply hating.

Gennady-Golovkin-vs-Kell-Brook-06-photo-courtesty-Matchroom-Boxing-300x234.jpg

Photo / Matchroom Boxing

What Golovkin did against Brook, THE RING’s No. 1-rated welterweight, was pretty much as expected. Although Brook looked solid at 160 pounds, he never had to deal with a true middleweight’s punching power. But there’s middleweight power, and there is Golovkin’s. Brook looked good for a few rounds as he boxed effectively. But when GGG’s leather landed, it was evident that Brook couldn’t handle the power. The jolt that he felt in Round 1 from a left hook that would break his orbital bone was unlike anything he had ever felt in his life. And, from that point, the Brit was doing his best to hang in there. It was also evident that Golovkin could care less about what Brook was throwing at him as he charged forward, willing to absorb whatever the unbeaten IBF welterweight titleholder threw at him, in an effort to get close enough to clobber his opponent.

Sure, Golovkin was hit more than he needed to be. But it didn’t matter as Brook was eventually worn down. The blitzkrieg of punches that Golovkin landed in the Round 5 was going to spell the demise of Brook eventually. Fortunately, Brook’s corner rescued their fighter. Dominic Ingle waved the towel because he was keenly aware that things were going to get worse in this fight. His fighter was damaged and about to take more punishment from a fighter who is known as one of the most feared punchers in the sport.

But until GGG fights Canelo Alvarez, the criticism is going to continue to flood in. That criticism that questions whether or not GGG is “that” good is invalid. He’s higher up on pound for pound lists because his performances have been scintillating displays of violence against some solid, but not stellar, competition. But the list of victims isn’t the fault of Golovkin. Nobody wants to fight him. And if they do, they want a lot of money to step in there with him.

Say what you want about GGG’s opponents, but the fact that the last 23 have been unable to make it to the final bell should tell you something. In fact, somebody needs to find Amir Amari and give him a medal for surviving eight rounds with Golovkin back in 2008.

Bernard Hopkins was handled in similar fashion when he began racking up his record middleweight title defenses. After losing to Roy Jones in 1993, Hopkins went on to reign as middleweight champion with 13 straight title defenses before is showdown with Felix Trinidad. Those who didn’t know better thought that Trinidad was going to roll over Hopkins. On paper, “Tito” had more recognizable names on his resume that ranged from Fernando Vargas and Oscar De La Hoya to Pernell Whitaker and Hector Camacho. But those who watched boxing knew that although Hopkins’ resume wasn’t as fancy as his Puerto Rican opponent, he passed the eye test. And when Hopkins and Trinidad finally stepped in the ring on Sept. 29, 2001, the world witnessed what boxing writers had been fawning over for years.

Granted, GGG is a completely different style departure from Hopkins, but the point is that Hopkins’ nuanced skill set was on display throughout those title defenses. He beat whoever they put in front of him and looked good doing it.

Golovkin is in a similar boat as middleweight champion. Unfortunately, he doesn’t have a Miguel Cotto or Floyd Mayweather Jr. in his portfolio to suggest that he’s fought people the casual fan can recognize. All he has is 17 straight title defenses and 23 straight knockouts.

As for the criticisms, they are flat out wrong. If he couldn’t box he wouldn’t have taken a silver medal home in the 2004 Olympic games
. If he got hit too much, he wouldn’t win as handily as he has. If he couldn’t deal with a real boxer, we would have seen it somewhere by now. If he were too slow, then he would have been exposed by now. What critics want out of GGG is absurd. He has to be the fastest fighter who never gets hit and outboxes every opponent for every second of every round. It’s pretty ridiculous.

This isn’t to say that Golovkin can’t be beat. We all salivate over what a GGG-Andre Ward fight would be like. Instead, this is to say that trying to pick apart an unbeaten fighter with a remarkable knockout streak and say he’s not that good is ridiculous. Until further notice, GGG is that damn good. Hopefully, he’ll get to show off just how good he is against opponents with bigger names. If Golovkin gets Daniel Jacobs in November, what will the naysayers say then?

They’ll say something, I’m sure.

The whole article, especially the bold parts are :scust::camby: category. This article perfectly embodies what's my problem with the whole GGG phenomenon. Not certainly with the fighter himself although he also did things I don't like, but with the whol hype machne ad all these p*ssy journalists who are crying like babies over any Golovkin critcsm.

Now in 2016 we got to the pont where on the biggest online boxing newspaper's board a journalist who's in his feels just flat out writes down that anyone who has something bad to say about Golovkin is a hater. :dahell: Fine, then call me a hater, all these guys can fukk off. Yeah by now it would be funny to see him losing even just for the reactions from all these dikkriders. :demonic:

When he talks about Hopkins was handled the same way... :childplease: If anything Hopkins was always an overachiever on paper, a fighter who never got the hype GGG gets even with a much better resume. He was supposed to lose to Trinidad, to Pavlik, maybe to DLH too, I'm not sure. Hopkins moved up 2 divisions and built a career on being an overachiever, how was he handled the same way as GGG? How?

Talking about the number of KO's... this part: "Say what you want about GGG’s opponents, but the fact that the last 23 have been unable to make it to the final bell should tell you something"
I hope he holds Wilder, Jonatha Guzman or Joshua with the same high regards and gives them the same type of hype and dikkriding then if that's really what it takes :mjlol:
and how about the fighters who doN't get the benefit of the doubt and get half the hype even if they have a better resume than Golovkin?

Brook's corner saved his career? :camby:

Still coming with he Olympic silver in regards of pro boxing in fukking 2016? :camby:

Repeating the same old bullshyt about nothing is Golovkin' fault in the world and everybody just ducks him? :mindblown: :camby:

I thought we are done with this shyt by now but no... there are still goofballs like this guy...

Sorry guys but this type of shyt really flips me... :shaq2:

Last edited: