Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Yeah he was using the lost art of shifting. Tyson and dempsey used to do it too at times. Golovkin does it at times. Its hella effective when done right

very rare to see a European fighter so slick...
Loma and maybe Usyk currently

btw shifting...: It sounds good but someone has to have great skills to fall back on in order to pull it effectively, I guess it's not coincidental that most of the fighters don't use it. They are more vulnerable and imbalanced while they shift.
Golovkin for example with his not so fast footwork and not so great defense would be in for some awkward moments against a good counterpuncher who dare to hit back if he would try to pull this. Kovalev will be also tagged up by Ward if he tries this imo...

Crawford does it too sometimes btw... I think he KOd Gamboa with shifting right before the final KD.

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
it's a damn shame sergio was flabby and sick by the time this little g mania started. sergio woulda ended that hype train before it even started. he would've embarrassed him worse than he did pavlik. actually pavliks footwork is easily better than little g's and he's a sharper puncher too. sergio woulda been been crip walking around him and drillin him with 20 punch combo's. really wanted to see that fight.
I think pavlik would hurt Lil g

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps

#AboutBillions would beat the shyt outta that nikka.

Great fight to make.

Another dude that #BeyBeyKidz lost too that #AboutBillions would have to come clean up....dude just wants a payday, plus vacated his belt so he wouldn't have to face Commey or Easter.

He needed an SD in order to beat Bey.......so imagine what he's gonna need in order to beat AB:whew:

#AboutBillions

:aboutbillions:

Last edited:

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Another dude that #BeyBeyKidz lost too that #AboutBillions would have to come clean up....dude just wants a payday, plus vacated his belt so he wouldn't have to face Commey or Easter.

He needed an SD in order to beat Bey.......so imagine what he's gonna need in order to beat AB:whew:

#AboutBillions

I wouldn't write off Barthelemy

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
very rare to see a European fighter so slick...
Loma and maybe Usyk currently

btw shifting...: It sounds good but someone has to have great skills to fall back on in order to pull it effectively, I guess it's not coincidental that most of the fighters don't use it. They are more vulnerable and imbalanced while they shift.
Golovkin for example with his not so fast footwork and not so great defense would be in for some awkward moments against a good counterpuncher who dare to hit back if he would try to pull this. Kovalev will be also tagged up by Ward if he tries this imo...

Crawford does it too sometimes btw... I think he KOd Gamboa with shifting right before the final KD.
If eastern europeans were allowed to go pro back in the day lazlo pap would've been another slick guy. 3 time olympic champ.
Yeah I see that shifting weakness though. Guy like ward will make a person pay for it if they tried it because ward is good at fighting on the backfoot

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
jermaine taylor is one of the biggest disappointment imo..shows up and beats Hopkins 2 times imo....then nothing:skip::mindblown:
He was on his way to getting a victory against froch and that was snatched from him round 12 :snoop:
He was doing well against arthur abraham and then artur was pulling away in the 2nd half of the fight before the TKO in round 12 :snoop:
His stamina failed him again against kelly pavlik. :why::dahell::mindblown::snoop:

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
If eastern europeans were allowed to go pro back in the day lazlo pap would've been another slick guy. 3 time olympic champ.
Yeah I see that shifting weakness though. Guy like ward will make a person pay for it if they tried it because ward is good at fighting on the backfoot
Laszlo Papp is probably the most famous boxer from our country ever :ehh: We have got an arena named after him too
I don't really count ourselves as Eatern Europe though even if we were the part of the Eatern block. We are rather Middle Europe like Czech Republic, Poland or Slovakia. But whatever, it's just spitting hairs. Except the Western part of the country, some bigger cities and Budapet + it's suburbs we are sadly really rather East than West :francis:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
He was on his way to getting a victory against froch and that was snatched from him round 12 :snoop:
He was doing well against arthur abraham and then artur was pulling away in the 2nd half of the fight before the TKO in round 12 :snoop:
His stamina failed him again against kelly pavlik. :why::dahell::mindblown::snoop:

that froch fight was a heartbreaker..all he had to do was remain standing in 12 and the title would have been his on 2 of the cards..i honestly didnt expect much from him by the time of the abe fight

being ko'ed by pavlik is one thing (that was :francis:) but then he let pavlik jab him up and wear him down to a decision in the rematch..mufukka was hanging on to dear life not to get ko'ed by him again in the later rounds and he wasn't even in trouble :smh:

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps

Come on down Big Baby:obama:

#AboutBillions

Not sure how good of a promoter Broner is seeing how unprofessionally he handles his own career but good luck nevertheless!

Miller is an entertaining character and he can add to the spark of this new HW division

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Huh ?

14344236_1094671503957375_7290290172939262937_n.jpg
maybe the paperwork got lost perhaps :patrice: