Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
and that's why I hate boxing politics currently. lol

on another note. u posted something about porter fighting spence? what happened to that. I really wanna see that.

Kenny Porter said he's not going to have Shawn Porter fight for the IBF title...I don't know about a non-title bout

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
I think GGG vs Jacobs will be a good fight though, for as long as it lasts.

Jacobs does have some nice power, and obviously GGG does as well, but the fact I've seen GGG walk thru some FIRE....while I've seen Jacobs get dropped by Sergio Mora (:snoop:) and always remember this:

dmitry-pirog-of-russia-celebrates-after-defeating-daniel-jacobs-of-picture-id103184171

Daniel-Jacobs-Dmitry-Pirog8.jpg

...I cant see him going the full 12 with GGG either unless he lands cleanly and finishes GGG early. I don't think he can win via a late round stoppage. He would have to get GGG up out of there early.
GGG takes him out imo
And I'm still pissed about how dimitri pirog's career ended. He had great potential and was deceptively slick. Had to retire due to back issues

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
it's a damn shame sergio was flabby and sick by the time this little g mania started. sergio woulda ended that hype train before it even started. he would've embarrassed him worse than he did pavlik. actually pavliks footwork is easily better than little g's and he's a sharper puncher too. sergio woulda been been crip walking around him and drillin him with 20 punch combo's. really wanted to see that fight.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
GGG takes him out imo
And I'm still pissed about how dimitri pirog's career ended. He had great potential and was deceptively slick. Had to retire due to back issues
I rated pirog more than GGG back then ...tough guy just couldn't stay healthy

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
it's a damn shame sergio was flabby and sick by the time this little g mania started. sergio woulda ended that hype train before it even started. he would've embarrassed him worse than he did pavlik. actually pavliks footwork is easily better than little g's and he's a sharper puncher too. sergio woulda been been crip walking around him and drillin him with 20 punch combo's. really wanted to see that fight.
:mjlol: at Pavlik footwork being better than anybody's

LinusCaldwell

From The Eastside with Love
Daps
Reppin
Chicago

JimmyV and Kosher bring in the NFL season and talk about week and the controversy of Cam Newton getting hit and Colin Kaepernick sitting down. Kosher goes in on the last UFC ppv card UFC 203. He talks about how CM Punk lost and how Overeem got knocked out. He also believes the best fight on the card was the Werdum vs Browne fight.

Support and suscribe www.fteswl.com

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
to me they're both lackluster in the footwork department, but pavlik's footwork in the first taylor point was really good. after he got knocked down he adjusted and moved around the ring even better than taylor. he set up that KO with his boxing ability. but either way. the main point was that sergio woulda dominated little g in spectacular fashion.:ohlawd:

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
When you look at the landscape of fighters I have to agree Jacobs doesn't warrant the $5M, I'm just not mad at fighters wanting their money. But everytime I've seen him or BJS do an interview on the subject they basically say the money GGG has offered (in BJS) case he said he can make that fighting anyone.
Breh triple g ain't worth a $5mm purse himself. Maybe he ends up there with endorsements in shyt, but he definitely ain't worth $5mm, unless he's fighting Canelo. Triple G can't sell ppvs in the US, he get boo'ed pretty hard against Brook, but I imagine he'll do well in the UK ppv wise.

But ggg vs jacobs on normal tv would be awesome :ld: and that fight they could split $5mm 60/40 everyone wins. But that certainly won't happen :francis:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
to me they're both lackluster in the footwork department, but pavlik's footwork in the first taylor point was really good. after he got knocked down he adjusted and moved around the ring even better than taylor. he set up that KO with his boxing ability. but either way. the main point was that sergio woulda dominated little g in spectacular fashion.:ohlawd:
Funny thing the way pavlik put away Taylor is how I envision ggg putting away canelo...gassing out by the mid rounds and punched into a corner until collapse :pachaha:

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
This dude reflex has proven over this weekend that anything he has to say in regards to GGG is instant bushes status :heh:

Sergio was a slick but hitable undersized middle who never looked too great when on the business end of middleweight power. It wouldn't have taken GGG 12 rounds to get to him like JCCjr did.

Pirog :blessed: That Jacob's fight never gets boring to re-watch. His game was so smooth. Dude was out there parrying entire combos like a Jet Li movie.

Then the way he slid on him for the KO. Man backed him up while walking him down, switching from righty to lefty with each stop, firing the lead had with a double jab each time he switched, with his head low, and feet always in a punch ready position before finally a one punch KO.

That shyt was spectacular. And while that win didn't seem that huge then, seeing that Jacobs is basically the #2 middleweight now and he basically had a skills showcase against him really puts his talent into perspective.

Last edited:

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
This dude reflex has proven over this weekend that anything he has to say in regards to GGG is instant bushes status :heh:

Sergio was a slick but hitable undersized middle who never looked too great when on the business end of middleweight power. It wouldn't have taken GGG 12 rounds to get to him like JCCjr did.

Pirog :blessed: That Jacob's fight never gets boring to re-watch. His game was so smooth. Dude was out there parrying entire combos like a Jet Li movie.

Yup, pretty much. Martinez get's dropped with basic step forward jabs and right hands. Dude keeps his hands down to counter you with some shyt you don't see, but if you get in his range too quickly, you can nail him. He's still a good fighter, but his weakness is too easy to expose.

A guy with a good hard accurate jab like GGG would beat the shyt outta Martinez.

Hell, I think prime Taylor beats Sergio too. Much bigger guy with a great snapping jab and a hard overhand right. That's money all night.

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
I think ggg has good footwork, he's just not quick or fast. Prime Sergio would have given him fits.