Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
@ChocolateGiddyUp your boy too big....we almost got the fight we've been waiting on for a couple years

omar figueroa? what a waste..the last time i saw him was when he was a guest commentator on his younger brother's card on cbs sports net i think..dude was big as fukk..hes like a legit super middle..no fukking discipline...i doubt he can make 140 either...he didn't make it when he faced burns and got that gift..:mjlol:at 4 of us giving burns the fight with the same exact score....i really think that fight with arakawa low key ruined him..it certainly ruined his hands..i remember saying after that fight that his hands were going to be a question mark for the rest of his career

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
omar figueroa? what a waste..the last time i saw him was when he was a guest commentator on his younger brother's card on cbs sports net i think..dude was big as fukk..hes like a legit super middle..no fukking discipline...i doubt he can make 140 either...he didn't make it when he faced burns and got that gift..:mjlol:at 4 of us giving burns the fight with the same exact score....i really think that fight with arakawa low key ruined him..it certainly ruined his hands..i remember saying after that fight that his hands were going to be a question mark for the rest of his career

Me too, and I thought he also lost to Jerry Belmontes & Ricky Burns (I had Burns winning 114-112) as well.

Figueroa definitely ate himself out of big paydays and a lot of potential matchups:wow:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Me too, and I thought he also lost to Jerry Belmontes & Ricky Burns (I had Burns winning 114-112) as well.

Figueroa definitely ate himself out of big paydays and a lot of potential matchups:wow:

yeah that wild ass fight he had with demarco late last year...i couldn't even enjoy it because i was so disgusted at his conditioning and the fact neither one made the contracted weight...he is lucky that he held on to his zero...he keeps fukking around fighting above 140 that will change soon..he hasn't shown no power above 135 and he doesn't like to use his boxing skills

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
I feel $5 million is too much for Daniel Jacobs to be asking for...he's not a draw and the arena will be full bc of GGG regardless. Didn't GGG sell out the venue vs Dominic Wade, while Robert Easter Jr just proved he's a bigger draw than Jacobs?:yeshrug:

People laughed and said BJS was asking for too much & overpricing himself bc he wanted $4 mill to fight GGG in the UK in a true unification bout....but Jacobs can get $5 mill for GGG to face him for the WBA Regular Championship and GGG already has the WBA Super Championship?:lupe:

Jacobs knows what he's doing and I think he's trying to hold on to that "regular" title for as long as he can imo:manny:

Honestly, people said AB wasn't even worth $5 mill to face Pacquiao on PPV....how is Jacobs worth $5 mill to face GGG?:ohhh:

Co-sign both statements

:salute:

where u saw Jacobs asking for 5 mill...I agree that's too much him.

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
@malbaker86

First off let me say that you and your lil buddies were sounding very cac-ish with the "Leave-GGG-Alone" campaign, one of you even going so far as to compare it to the level of hate Mayweather gets.

However, after watching some post fight videos from guys whose videos I watch... it was way too much focus on GGG's negatives.

HOWEVER, even these guys are able to use intelligence in their arguments. While I don't agree with their arguments completely, he's far from just being some "clown ass nikka"

His criticisms are a whole helluva lot better than what the other side has to offer.

:dead:

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Resume wise, yes Porter is easily better than Berto.

Style wise though, I think Berto is much faster and a much bigger puncher than Porter. He's also got some strength and cant be bullied around the ring by anyone at 147 imo.

I think the fact that Porter gets hit so cleanly, and Berto is a more explosive puncher than AB is (who sat Porter down with a well-timed left hook), it leads to Berto making the fight much closer than it seems resume vs resume. Porter's style is to be a bully in the ring, but I don't think he can bully Berto. I think Porter can win due to the fact he'll try and be in Berto's chest all day, and rack up body work activity which can let him squeeze out rounds, but I also can see Berto winning by landing the crispier punches:manny:

I'd make Porter a 2-1 favorite over Berto.

you basically described Porter vs Thurman :ehh:

yeah it's true btw, the one thing I don't agree with that he couldn't bully Berto. Everyone says Thurman is very strong physically but Porter was able to push him to the ropes at almost any time he willed. idk how Berto's strength compare to Thurman's but I would be surprised if he would be much stronger.
Porter is a freak of a nature... if he would have more punching power and he would smother his work less he would be like a welterweight version of Tyson. He is extremely strong and agile...

Berto can do what Thurma does less efficiently imo so I have no problem picking Porter. but as I said it would be entertaining and Berto wouldn't be a total no hoper, that's sure.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
nikka please...porter gonna knock breh into the 5th dimension.:mjlol:

rather see Garcia porter

Porter isn't going to KO Berto breh.

At worst, Berto will go the full 12 and will lose on the cards

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
yeah that wild ass fight he had with demarco late last year...i couldn't even enjoy it because i was so disgusted at his conditioning and the fact neither one made the contracted weight...he is lucky that he held on to his zero...he keeps fukking around fighting above 140 that will change soon..he hasn't shown no power above 135 and he doesn't like to use hios
Omar Figueroa... :scust:

His name didn't even pop up ever since I'm on this forum and that speaks volumes on him :mjlol:

That guy is the dictionary definition of a hypejob. We need a Figueroa vs Benavidez fight to decide which one is a bigger hypejob. Chances that both of them will get robbed and awarded a gift at the same time though

Even Jessie Vargas would beat these guys

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Omar Figueroa... :scust:

His name didn't even pop up ever since I'm on this forum and that speaks volumes on him :mjlol:

That guy is the dictionary definition of a hypejob. We need a Figueroa vs Benavidez fight to decide which one is a bigger hypejob. Chances that both of them will get robbed and awarded a gift at the same time though

Even Jessie Vargas would beat these guys

we talked about him alot in the past..especially after that fight with arakawa...that lackluster fight with burns it kinda died down alot.. @ChocolateGiddyUp stans him though