Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh

Andre Berto vs Shawn Porter?:ohhh:

That's a good matchup imo

Trash match up. Bruh Berto still on my TV making millions in 2016.

He probably go like this everytime they send him a new contract:
MMRXUrH.gif

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps

Andre Berto vs Shawn Porter?:ohhh:

That's a good matchup imo

not that bad but Danny vs Molina is a laughable, pathetic, bad, woeful, joke, etc... fiight

I just defended Danny's resume last time cause he really has some nice wins but if he's gonna continue to do this... :snoop::skip:
This type of shyt makes me rooting for a Sugar John Molina upset. :mjlol:

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Trash match up. Bruh Berto still on my TV making millions in 2016.

He probably go like this everytime they send him a new contract:
MMRXUrH.gif

Shawn Porter isn't that much better than Berto though:manny:

It's like a 55/45 matchup in favor of Porter imo

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
dont care for it but at least its not a title shot...if berto can beat porter clearly, let him loose on a belt :manny:

You don't care for it......until it's fight week and you remember Shawn Porter vs Andre Berto comes on Saturday at 9pm et, and you watch an entertaining matchup of 2 strong, aggressive, come forward fighters with very leaky defense and not afraid to let their hands fly:mjpls:

Fight will be a slug fest imo:ehh:

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
You don't care for it......until it's fight week and you remember Shawn Porter vs Andre Berto comes on Saturday at 9pm et, and you watch an entertaining matchup of 2 strong, aggressive, come forward fighters with very leaky defense and not afraid to let their hands fly:mjpls:

Fight will be a slug fest imo:ehh:
It would be 65-35 to Porter imo but it would be an entertaining battle.

Porter is a top 5-6 ww who only lost one time clearly ad even that wasn't a shutout or anything like that. Besides that he beat Devon convincingly when Devon was still a thing, he also beat Broner convincingly and on my scorecards he beat Thurman too on a close fight which probably could go either way.

Berto has nothing on that resume especially not now for his past prime version

but it would be an action packed, entertaining fight indeed just not 55-45 but rather with a wider difference

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
It would be 65-35 to Porter imo but it would be an entertaining battle.

Porter is a top 5-6 ww who only lost one time clearly ad even that wasn't a shutout or anything like that. Besides that he beat Devon convincingly when Devon was still a thing, he also beat Broner convincingly and on my scorecards he beat Thurman too on a close fight which probably could go either way.

Berto has nothing on that resume especially not now for his past prime version

but it would be an action packed, entertaining fight indeed just not 55-45 but rather with a wider difference

Resume wise, yes Porter is easily better than Berto.

Style wise though, I think Berto is much faster and a much bigger puncher than Porter. He's also got some strength and cant be bullied around the ring by anyone at 147 imo.

I think the fact that Porter gets hit so cleanly, and Berto is a more explosive puncher than AB is (who sat Porter down with a well-timed left hook), it leads to Berto making the fight much closer than it seems resume vs resume. Porter's style is to be a bully in the ring, but I don't think he can bully Berto. I think Porter can win due to the fact he'll try and be in Berto's chest all day, and rack up body work activity which can let him squeeze out rounds, but I also can see Berto winning by landing the crispier punches:manny:

I'd make Porter a 2-1 favorite over Berto.