Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
Porter isn't going to KO Berto breh.

At worst, Berto will go the full 12 and will lose on the cards

maybe I kinda forgot berto got a decent chin.

but then again he got kd by flabby Ortiz:scusthov: that's why I probably reacted like that.

I don't know what u guys see...but berto doest look the same to me at all.

anyways I still prefer to see porter vs Garcia.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
maybe I kinda forgot berto got a decent chin.

but then again he got kd by flabby Ortiz:scusthov: that's why I probably reacted like that.

I don't what u guys see...but berto doest look the same to me at all.

anyways I still prefer to see porter vs Garcia.

Oh, I definitely prefer Porter facing Garcia.....but I just think it will be an entertaining fight b/n Berto & Porter. Much better than seeing Porter sitting on the sidelines until 2017:yeshrug:

I think Porter wins, but I don't rule out Berto winning either:manny:

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps

That's way too much for Jacobs imo

tumblr_m8p3hwTuaT1qdato8o4_r1_250.gif

tumblr_m8p3hwTuaT1qdato8o5_250.gif

tumblr_m8p3hwTuaT1qdato8o6_250.gif

He's high if he thinks this gonna happen like that
whatever it's gonna go on pursue bid, and he (and HBO if PBC wins) either accepts it or they have to give up on the belts (whoever loses the bid)

someone should really tell these fighters who're out there demanding millions that they aren't that big shots...

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
I think GGG vs Jacobs will be a good fight though, for as long as it lasts.

Jacobs does have some nice power, and obviously GGG does as well, but the fact I've seen GGG walk thru some FIRE....while I've seen Jacobs get dropped by Sergio Mora (:snoop:) and always remember this:

dmitry-pirog-of-russia-celebrates-after-defeating-daniel-jacobs-of-picture-id103184171

Daniel-Jacobs-Dmitry-Pirog8.jpg

...I cant see him going the full 12 with GGG either unless he lands cleanly and finishes GGG early. I don't think he can win via a late round stoppage. He would have to get GGG up out of there early.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
He lacks quality for that imo
honestly at 135 he had a good combination of power, stamina, and workrate to make shyt very interesting....his fight with arakawa was a FOTY candidate for a reason...esp with 135 now starting to have some movement again

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
i wonder where they will hold this? im still looking to do one more live boxing event/weekend getaway this year

Golovkin is expected to return to the ring Nov. 26 on HBO, possibly in Los Angeles.

Although Golovkin expressed continued interest in adding a fourth middleweight belt by fighting England’s World Boxing Organization champion Billy Joe Saunders, Loeffler said he’ll pursue the World Boxing Assn. mandatory challenge of co-champion Daniel Jacobs.

“That’s a great matchup we hope to put together,”
Loeffler said after Jacobs scored five knockdowns Friday in his seventh-round technical knockout of Southland fighter Sergio Mora in Pennsylvania.

HBO is obligated to provide Golovkin a third fight in 2016, but the network has been hamstrung by spending restrictions this year that led to Manny Pacquiao’s Nov. 5 bout becoming a self-distributed venture by his promoter, Top Rank.

HBO balked at the licensing fee that could’ve been used for the July 23 junior-welterweight title unification bout between Terence Crawford and Viktor Postol that was placed on HBO pay-per-view.

So it might be a long shot whether the network spends the money on a Golovkin-Jacobs matchup.

Gennady Golovkin posts 23rd straight knockout when Kell Brook corner throws in towel

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
tumblr_m8p3hwTuaT1qdato8o4_r1_250.gif

tumblr_m8p3hwTuaT1qdato8o5_250.gif

tumblr_m8p3hwTuaT1qdato8o6_250.gif

He's high if he thinks this gonna happen like that
whatever it's gonna go on pursue bid, and he (and HBO if PBC wins) either accepts it or they have to give up on the belts (whoever loses the bid)

someone should really tell these fighters who're out there demanding millions that they aren't that big shots...

The real quesion is would ggg win the purse bid?? If he loses will he fight on a network other than hbo or vacate the strap?

Last edited:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Golovkin is expected to return to the ring Nov. 26 on HBO, possibly in Los Angeles.

Although Golovkin expressed continued interest in adding a fourth middleweight belt by fighting England’s World Boxing Organization champion Billy Joe Saunders, Loeffler said he’ll pursue the World Boxing Assn. mandatory challenge of co-champion Daniel Jacobs.

“That’s a great matchup we hope to put together,”
Loeffler said after Jacobs scored five knockdowns Friday in his seventh-round technical knockout of Southland fighter Sergio Mora in Pennsylvania.

HBO is obligated to provide Golovkin a third fight in 2016, but the network has been hamstrung by spending restrictions this year that led to Manny Pacquiao’s Nov. 5 bout becoming a self-distributed venture by his promoter, Top Rank.

HBO balked at the licensing fee that could’ve been used for the July 23 junior-welterweight title unification bout between Terence Crawford and Viktor Postol that was placed on HBO pay-per-view.

So it might be a long shot whether the network spends the money on a Golovkin-Jacobs matchup.

Gennady Golovkin posts 23rd straight knockout when Kell Brook corner throws in towel
LA during Thanksgiving weekend..yeah i dont think thats happening..thats family time plus LAX is a nightmare during the holidays

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
The quesion is would ggg win the purse bid?? If he loses will he fight on a network other than hbo or vacate the strap?

Unless Showtime helps out, with the way PBC spending has been down this year, I don't see PBC putting up a bigger bid than K2:manny:

It would be crazy if Floyd just dropped out the sky and put down a $10 million dollar bid to promote the fight under Mayweather Promotions though:banderas:

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
i wonder where they will hold this? im still looking to do one more live boxing event/weekend getaway this year
problem is Golovkin's "exclusive HBO contract"

with that shyt HBO basically make impossible for their fighters to fight anywhere else even if they lose a pursue bid...

exclusive contracts should be banned or they should make exceptions at least if they lose a pursue bid cause now it's basically they either win or they rage quit...
Like in Kovalev vs Stevenson pursue bid's case...

Or they should be fined/punished if they block one of their fighters to fight somewhere else under a pursue bid just because they have "exclusive contract" with him. They basically prevent the competition with that.
of course in pro boxng there's no commission which could permit exclusive deals or punish networks for damaging the competition... :francis:

and I remember there were some people who blamed GYM, Haymon and Stevenson for even bidding against HBO cause "HBO has exclusve contract with Kovalev though". :mjlol:

Sure, exclusive contract... so fukk Haymon and Stevenson for competing and not just say "hey let's make it on your way we just gonna agree on everything cause we know you have an exclusive network contract". smh...