Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
@malbaker86

First off let me say that you and your lil buddies were sounding very cac-ish with the "Leave-GGG-Alone" campaign, one of you even going so far as to compare it to the level of hate Mayweather gets.

However, after watching some post fight videos from guys whose videos I watch... it was way too much focus on GGG's negatives.

HOWEVER, even these guys are able to use intelligence in their arguments. While I don't agree with their arguments completely, he's far from just being some "clown ass nikka"

His criticisms are a whole helluva lot better than what the other side has to offer.

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
@malbaker86

First off let me say that you and your lil buddies were sounding very cac-ish with the "Leave-GGG-Alone" campaign, one of you even going so far as to compare it to the level of hate Mayweather gets.

However, after watching some post fight videos from guys whose videos I watch... it was way too much focus on GGG's negatives.

HOWEVER, even these guys are able to use intelligence in their arguments. While I don't agree with their arguments completely, he's far from just being some "clown ass nikka"

His criticisms are a whole helluva lot better than what the other side has to offer.

How would that be sounding "cac'ish"? And on this board, you gotta admit the way peeps come at him is reaching a level that the media has with having wanted to see Mayweather lose/get exposed or whatever you wanna call it.

Don't really matter to me, it was an entertaining fight and fight weekend and thats all i care about when its all said and done

HeruDat1

Superstar
Daps
Great fight weekend.

I guess HBO doesn't want to give us a unification of GGG vs Jacobs?

But they can put Willie Monroe and Dominic Wade on :mjlol:

I wonder if the Kell loss makes Canelo keep the 154 belt and defend against him. At what point does Andrade enter that mix as the mando?
:lupe:

Brook done hopped off that belt. Spence was on twitter in less than 60 seconds like :shaq:

I still want to see GGG vs. Eubank Jr maybe he's not ready but damn he be fighting some damn bums.

I missed a lot of that Easter Commey fight (if anyone got a link) but when I turned it on the atmosphere was crazy, and needless to say they were going at it...his people was turnt in there.

edit: after Kell came out and there was that transition silence, crowd buzz...and you heard that organ/piano for "Whats My Name" DMX
:wow::ahh::banderas:

That shyt was cold as fukk props to GGG

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Great fight weekend.

I guess HBO doesn't want to give us a unification of GGG vs Jacobs?

But they can put Willie Monroe and Dominic Wade on :mjlol:

Heard Jacobs was asking for $5 million to face GGG:heh:

I wonder if the Kell loss makes Canelo keep the 154 belt and defend against him. At what point does Andrade enter that mix as the mando?
:lupe:

Andrade immediately becomes the mandatory for the winner after the conclusion of Canelo/Smith:blessed:

I can see Canelo vs Kell Brook happening:ehh:

Brook done hopped off that belt. Spence was on twitter in less than 60 seconds like :shaq:

#TruthSeekers

:demonic:

I still want to see GGG vs. Eubank Jr maybe he's not ready but damn he be fighting some damn bums.

Im cool on GGG vs Eubank until Eubank shows me something....he lost to BJS:manny:

I missed a lot of that Easter Commey fight (if anyone got a link) but when I turned it on the atmosphere was crazy, and needless to say they were going at it...his people was turnt in there.

#TheBunnyTeam

:lawd:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio

fights that air on PBC on Spike are available online on their website...i dropped links in the fight thread

THAT though is the fight of the weekend and one of the best fights of the year

edit: after Kell came out and there was that transition silence, crowd buzz...and you heard that organ/piano for "Whats My Name" DMX
:wow::ahh::banderas:

That shyt was cold as fukk props to GGG

that got me hyped..it should have played the whole way to the ring..these young rap nikkas today cant make songs like that..cant get me hype with their struggle raps

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California

Andrade immediately becomes the mandatory for the winner after the conclusion of Canelo/Smith:blessed:

#TruthSeekers

Im cool on GGG vs Eubank until Eubank shows me something....he lost to BJS:manny:

#TheBunnyTeam

:lawd:

Ain't brook going to gone for like a year with that broken eye socket?

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Ain't brook going to gone for like a year with that broken eye socket?

He's said he's out for the rest of the year for sure....don't know exactly how long he will be out though.

HeruDat1

Superstar
Daps

#TruthSeekers

#TheBunnyTeam

Didn't GGG and Brook get $5M I don't think that's asking too much in a uni. If GGG "just wantz da beltz" he'll make it happen.

I don't see Canelo fighting Andrade tho I would love to see that.

Eubank seem like an animal and I'm not sure about his defense just want to see youngin fight someone good I'm sure he's improved since BJS.

fights that air on PBC on Spike are available online on their website...i dropped links in the fight thread

THAT though is the fight of the weekend and one of the best fights of the year

that got me hyped..it should have played the whole way to the ring..these young rap nikkas today cant make songs like that..cant get me hype with their struggle raps

Word I'm gonna watch that tonight.

Brook came out to All of The Lights dope song but it's got that once in a lifetime capture this moment If you can believe it you can achieve feel :obama:

GGG came out like whats...my...name... :demonic:

I was hype as shyt man you right should've let it play through.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Naseem Hamed Says Mayweather Was Smart Not To Fight Him

By Radio Rahim

From 1998 to 2000, British boxing legend Naseem Hamed and pound-for-pound fighter Floyd Mayweather Jr. were the shining stars of their respective divisions.

During that time period, Hamed was a world champion and destroying everyone in the featherweight division, while Mayweather - also a world champion - was outclassing everyone at super featherweight.

Fans were initially whispering and soon shouting for a Mayweather-Hamed matchup. The fight never happened. Hamed was upset by Marco Antonio Barrera in 2001, and then retired in 2002 after one more fight. Also in 2002, Mayweather left the super featherweight division and moved up to win a lightweight title from Jose Luis Castillo in the most debated outcome of Floyd's career.

mayweather-hamed.jpg

There are conflicting stories on who was avoiding who back then.

According to Mayweather, he wanted to fight Hamed but claims the British wanted to be his friend.

"Once I got to a certain point [in my career] - very, very quick I wanted to make it happen. He didn't really want to fight. He wanted to be friends. I didn't want to be friends with nobody, I wanted to fight everybody," Mayweather said.

Hamed, obviously has a different take on the situation.

"It's a good job that he didn't fight me though, because he might not have the career that he did," Hamed told BoxingScene.com.

Hamed and Mayweather are both retired and the two fighters have become good friends over the years. Hamed has a tremendous amount of respect for Mayweather's abilities as a businessman, which helped the unbeaten boxer become the highest paid athlete in the world.

"In my eyes, the most cleverest person to ever come into the boxing game is Floyd 'Money' Mayweather. While everybody is hating him.... don't hate the brother, just watch him enjoy his fruits," Hamed explained to BoxingScene. "In my eyes, I'm just so happy that somebody in my sport is the highest paid in all of sports. Me and Floyd are friends, we get on."

"I will always rate him. He's not the most entertaining fighter that I love to watch, but from a business sense, in the sport, to execute something the way he did - for me nobody will ever be as clever as Floyd 'Money' Mayweather. I just said to him recently when we was on face time - 'it's Money May all day.'"

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Didn't GGG and Brook get $5M I don't think that's asking too much in a uni. If GGG "just wantz da beltz" he'll make it happen.

I feel $5 million is too much for Daniel Jacobs to be asking for...he's not a draw and the arena will be full bc of GGG regardless. Didn't GGG sell out the venue vs Dominic Wade, while Robert Easter Jr just proved he's a bigger draw than Jacobs?:yeshrug:

People laughed and said BJS was asking for too much & overpricing himself bc he wanted $4 mill to fight GGG in the UK in a true unification bout....but Jacobs can get $5 mill for GGG to face him for the WBA Regular Championship and GGG already has the WBA Super Championship?:lupe:

Jacobs knows what he's doing and I think he's trying to hold on to that "regular" title for as long as he can imo:manny:

Honestly, people said AB wasn't even worth $5 mill to face Pacquiao on PPV....how is Jacobs worth $5 mill to face GGG?:ohhh:

I don't see Canelo fighting Andrade tho I would love to see that.

Eubank seem like an animal and I'm not sure about his defense just want to see youngin fight someone good I'm sure he's improved since BJS.

Co-sign both statements

Word I'm gonna watch that tonight.

:salute:

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
I feel $5 million is too much for Daniel Jacobs to be asking for...he's not a draw and the arena will be full bc of GGG regardless. Didn't GGG sell out the venue vs Dominic Wade, while Robert Easter Jr just proved he's a bigger draw than Jacobs?:yeshrug:

People laughed and said BJS was asking for too much & overpricing himself bc he wanted $4 mill to fight GGG in the UK in a true unification bout....but Jacobs can get $5 mill for GGG to face him for the WBA Regular Championship and GGG already has the WBA Super Championship?:lupe:

Jacobs knows what he's doing and I think he's trying to hold on to that "regular" title for as long as he can imo:manny:

Honestly, people said AB wasn't even worth $5 mill to face Pacquiao on PPV....how is Jacobs worth $5 mill to face GGG?:ohhh:
Plus the BJS fight was going to get the extra bonus of the UK push. Sounds like GGG's team's offer was $2 million for GGG and $1.5 ish plus back end for BJS. The Lemieux fight was roughly $2 million for GGG and $1.5 million for Lemieux.

There is no way Jacobs is worth $5 million. Like I said in an earlier post, I don't think the combined purse is worth $5 million. Reality is the fight would likely need to take place in NY for max popularity, Jacobs wonders why he isn't popular should be a clue as to why he can't get a purse of $2 million. He should look around and realize barely anyone is pulling in $5 million dollar purses. If I was thinking what is fair, I think both guys deserve somewhere between $1.5-2.5 million and if you didn't accept, it is on you. But HBO is broke as fukk and can't even do that. :stopitslime::pacspit:

Truthfully, Dan was saying GGG has a HBO date reserved for November 26...so Jacobs lines up best as an opponent. BJS will be fighting in October, so if he actually would accept, he lines up best for early 2017.
As for people calling GGG out now, I think they better be careful what they wish for. Just like with Canelo-Khan, we knew Kell's best chance was to use his "welterweight" speed to move around on GGG and confuse him a bit. In both the GGG and Canelo fights, that played out as the opponents best advantage. Other than a speed advantage, I didn't see anything that Khan or Brook did that "exposed" either guy. Jacobs and BJS may think they saw weaknesses, but they can't duplicate any of them, because they are natural 160's and don't have Brook's speed. Same with Canelo at 154. I don't think he would have issues with anyone's speed at 154. He would be fine vs. all of them. Now Andrade's excellent skillset is a different animal. :manny:

Last edited: