Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
Smith like Sturm doesnt do anything great, but like Sturm, he is very solid and a pretty strong JMW. If he fights every second of every round, like Sturm kept the jab on Oscar, he will make it very tough for Canelo. Make no mistake, Canelo is gonna win, aint nobody lettin him lose on the cards. Smith can really make it a difficult fight for Canelo though and it could be close in our eyes, despite what the judges decide to cook up.
there's nothing i've seen from smith to make me believe he's not getting knocked the fukk out. canelo's body work will be the story of the fight. smith will slow down and canelo will finish him off.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
not really. Smith is unknown except in his country. we dont really know what he can truly do. so no, he dont get elevated due to that. as far as name recognition, its a step down. he needs to beat someone who isnt over the hill where the judges dont give him credit for just being Canelo the great Mexican star. when a fighter is always the benefactor of funny scorecards you have to take notice. I mean if he blows Smith out then I have to give him a certain level of respect, but I dont see that happening.

Ok:ehh:

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@Newzz

yall keep talmbout his resume. he was fighting pro at like 15 right? he is a product of good management and protection. he was built and marketed the right way by one of the best, ODLH, who got his shyt from SRL. problem is....SRL did the same thing, but against WAYYYYY better opposition and was much more dominant. Oscar did somewhat the same as what Canelo did, with about the same results, but against much better opposition. it really doesnt matter to me that he is 26. I just want to see him with some clean victories without controversy against more known quantities than Beefy Smith. Still Smith shouldnt be taken lightly and when the going gets tough, dont wanna see judges with obvious agendas trying to spin scores to make it look like the name guy was pretty much untouchable. it would just be karmic justice should he lose to Smith which is possible in my eyes because he was trying to save face for ducking GGG.....a guy who I actually think he could beat.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
there's nothing i've seen from smith to make me believe he's not getting knocked the fukk out. canelo's body work will be the story of the fight. smith will slow down and canelo will finish him off.

and you may be right, but what if Smith threatens him? the last thing I want to see is more tainted fukking scorecards. that just turns me so the fukk off to the game.

Amare's Right Hook

Southeast World Champion
Daps
Inoue

tumblr_oczv9mNvJf1u2ragso1_500.gif

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Canelo is Teflon when it comes to his close fight Ws

Im thinking its Cuz he's messican N Mexican fans online N on social media be the loudest when it comes to "robberys"/ bringing up close fights all the time...especially for a fighter they don't like

I scored Canelo over Trout N Lara that's jus how I score...I'll never score for the dude :stylin::mj::manny:

Having said that...Canelo vs Lara landed 9 jabs 88 power punches( 73 body 15 head)

If any of your favorite fighters land 15 head shots an entire fight he ain't getting the decision...N he damn sure ain't getting a 117-111 score :francis:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Canelo is Teflon when it comes to his close fight Ws

Im thinking its Cuz he's messican N Mexican fans online N on social media be the loudest when it comes to "robberys"/ bringing up close fights all the time...especially for a fighter they don't like

I scored Canelo over Trout N Lara that's jus how I score...I'll never score for the dude :stylin::mj::manny:

Having said that...Canelo vs Lara landed 9 jabs 88 power punches( 73 body 15 head)

If any of your favorite fighters land 15 head shots an entire fight he ain't getting the decision...N he damn sure ain't getting a 117-111 score :francis:

At the same time, none of my favorite Boxers are only landing 52 power punches over the course of 12 rounds & then crying robbery at the end:manny:

Lara ran too much, the body shots were the only thing Canelo could land on him, but at the end of the day, it's Lara's fault for giving up the fight by excessively moving:yeshrug:

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
And that was at a time people thought Dawson would have given calzaghe himself problems.
To be honest I don't know how many of the people in the super six Bute is beating.
Prior to the Froch situation (which blew my mind, I thought that was a 60/40 Bute, i was :mindblown: seeing him got hit snot box rocked), people were propping up Bute like no other. "He's unbeaten :gladbron: and foreign :noah:...........:noah::noah: with power in both hands :noah:"

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
What does that mean
Nothing sticks IE Teflon Don is someone who could do a lot of black market activities/crimes but the police just can't get him.

Teflon is actually a coating applied to cooking ware so that stuff doesn't stick to it. Likewise, it's trademarked.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
@Newzz

yall keep talmbout his resume. he was fighting pro at like 15 right? he is a product of good management and protection.

Protection from whom?

he was built and marketed the right way by one of the best, ODLH, who got his shyt from SRL. problem is....SRL did the same thing, but against WAYYYYY better opposition and was much more dominant. Oscar did somewhat the same as what Canelo did, with about the same results, but against much better opposition.

SRL & ODLH fought better opps, but yet in still, in his era Canelo currently has the 2nd best resume in Boxing.

So what does that say for everyone else then?

it really doesnt matter to me that he is 26. I just want to see him with some clean victories without controversy against more known quantities than Beefy Smith. Still Smith shouldnt be taken lightly and when the going gets tough, dont wanna see judges with obvious agendas trying to spin scores to make it look like the name guy was pretty much untouchable. it would just be karmic justice should he lose to Smith which is possible in my eyes because he was trying to save face for ducking GGG.....a guy who I actually think he could beat.

I can't wait until next Saturday night & Canelo either KOs him or beats him clearly so the cards will be a non-factor:banderas:

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
hahahahah
context?
Remember Charlie Zelenof? I legit think is mentally ill and he picks fight with many people.

Usually he says he's going to do light sparring then he goes full force taking people by surprise. This time however the guy wasn't having it at all.

Prior to the Froch situation (which blew my mind, I thought that was a 60/40 Bute, i was :mindblown: seeing him got hit snot box rocked), people were propping up Bute like no other. "He's unbeaten :gladbron: and foreign :noah:...........:noah::noah: with power in both hands :noah:"

I won't lie I was impressed by that Edson marinda knockdown. I later heard that GGG Ko'ed him in the amateurs. That shouldn't diminish him but it made me :jbhmm: about his chin to be honest.