Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
true, I've seen some mfers around the internet claiming they don't give Ward credit for taking this fight and they won't admit that he isn't a "coward" until they see them both in the ring cause Ward still can "fake an injury" ... :mjlol:

They just can't let it go... :dwillhuh:

How about Kovalev claiming an injury? We saw Ward in the ring with more serious opponents than the opponents Kov fought so far... :yeshrug:
:troll:
Yeah I think this fight will be tough for him but how does anyone who watched the super six tournament think that ward is shook?
Some cats were always bringing up Bute and how ward was shook. Now the deal is done what more? I think ward may even go for Stevenson if the GGG fight doesn't fall through. He wants to prove himself imo

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Smith like Sturm doesnt do anything great, but like Sturm, he is very solid and a pretty strong JMW. If he fights every second of every round, like Sturm kept the jab on Oscar, he will make it very tough for Canelo. Make no mistake, Canelo is gonna win, aint nobody lettin him lose on the cards. Smith can really make it a difficult fight for Canelo though and it could be close in our eyes, despite what the judges decide to cook up.
Canelo faced fighters who would beat Smith easily and Smith isn't even a bad style matchup for Canelo like Lara, Trout or May were...
Can't see Liam Smith stands any chance here

He's gonna sleep or if his chin holds up he will be soundly beaten to a UD by Canelo

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Yeah I think this fight will be tough for him but how does anyone who watched the super six tournament think that ward is shook?
Some cats were always bringing up Bute and how ward was shook. Now the deal is done what more? I think ward may even go for Stevenson if the GGG fight doesn't fall through. He wants to prove himself imo
He obviously wants. top 3 resume from active fighters imo...

:mjlol: @ those people who still mentioning Bute as someone Ward avoided.
After super 6 he chose Dawson the WBC lhw champion at that time and in the meantime Bute's hype train was trashed by the man Ward just dominated with one hand half year before the fight. :mjlol:

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Smith like Sturm doesnt do anything great, but like Sturm, he is very solid and a pretty strong JMW. If he fights every second of every round, like Sturm kept the jab on Oscar, he will make it very tough for Canelo. Make no mistake, Canelo is gonna win, aint nobody lettin him lose on the cards. Smith can really make it a difficult fight for Canelo though and it could be close in our eyes, despite what the judges decide to cook up.

And with that now being said, if Canelo KOs him or beats him easily...you ready to give him his Ps?:sas2:

This will make his 11th victory over a current/former Champion....and he's only 26:ohlawd:

The axe murderer

Daps
He obviously wants. top 3 resume from active fighters imo...

:mjlol: @ those people who still mentioning Bute as someone Ward avoided.
After super 6 he chose Dawson the WBC lhw champion at that time and the meantime Bute's hype train was trashed by the man Ward just dominated with one hand half year before the fight. :mjlol:
And that was at a time people thought Dawson would have given calzaghe himself problems.
To be honest I don't know how many of the people in the super six Bute is beating.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
And that was at a time people thought Dawson would have given calzaghe himself problems.
To be honest I don't know how many of the people in the super six Bute is beating.
And if I remember correctly Dawson wanted the fight to take place in 168

but after the fight everybody was like: "He was drained tho... :scusthov:"

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@Newzz

not gonna quote u this time but here is what he has done since those comments...:ohhh:

• got shut out by a guy that everyone said was afraid to fight him (and one fakkit still had the nerve to score it a fukking draw :wow:) while outweighing him by 20 lbs...at that
  • fought a fight with Trout where most thought was a draw at best, meanwhile two judges give cooked up scores implying he dominated
  • fought Lara, another quality fighter, but again, blind ass fukking judges didnt see what the general public saw
  • didnt really do shyt to Cotto who is past his prime and was stopped by lil Manny years ago at a lower weight...while in his prime
  • oh yeah....called up a guy from 147 and knocked him out, who incidentally had been stopped at 135 and 140. :mjlol: then started talkin shyt talmbout how Mexicans dont fukk around, meanwhile Khan and Hunter are saying they didnt duck him so he shouldnt duck GGG.....then he turns right around like the lil puta he (and ODLH) is and give up the belt.:snoop:
allz I see is a bunch of hype and bias from judges and protection from his fakkit promoter.

I would give him more credit even if he isnt dominant if the fukkin judges would get off his dikk. your boy is just the next hot ticket. thats all. above average fighter but name doesnt need to be in the same print with the word great.

this guy isnt good for boxing....he is embodies a lot of what is wrong with the game. hopefully, Smith can change that, but that's wishful thinking as he is likely to get robbed at gunpoint on this one. if Smith digs to the body, he is gonna hurt Canelo. then we will sit back and watch another fakkit judge score the fight like he hadnt been touched. :comeon:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps

That's exactly what happened.

"Sad" Chad Dawson was feeling himself, called out Andre Ward to fight him at 168, & then got beat up to the point he quit during the middle of the round:heh:

The axe murderer

Daps
And with that now being said, if Canelo KOs him or beats him easily...you ready to give him his Ps?:sas2:

This will make his 11th victory over a current/former Champion....and he's only 26:ohlawd:
:ohhh:

:mjlol: Oh I remember that shyt.
Damn shame how Dawson fell off after that though. I know he lost to pascal prior to that but the way he lost to Stevenson in 1 round :francis:

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

he was drained. if you have all the chronicled information you would know that he was gaining weight 4 weeks out. people dont know just how hard it is to cut weight...within the rules. Chad didnt. they basically had to kill themselves the days leading up to the fight. cardio aint gon cut it brehs...

that being said...that really had nothing to do with why he lost. Ward is better than him. He is a better boxer and has more skills. Dawson had the athletic and physical gifts to be special but mentally and discipline wise especially in training....he didnt have it. he never improved on his skills either. he just relied on athleticism. Chad wouldve lost that fight at 175. he was just a dummy for calling Ward out at 168 then making excuses about it.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

not really. Smith is unknown except in his country. we dont really know what he can truly do. so no, he dont get elevated due to that. as far as name recognition, its a step down. he needs to beat someone who isnt over the hill where the judges dont give him credit for just being Canelo the great Mexican star. when a fighter is always the benefactor of funny scorecards you have to take notice. I mean if he blows Smith out then I have to give him a certain level of respect, but I dont see that happening.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Canelo faced fighters who would beat Smith easily and Smith isn't even a bad style matchup for Canelo like Lara, Trout or May were...
Can't see Liam Smith stands any chance here

He's gonna sleep or if his chin holds up he will be soundly beaten to a UD by Canelo

so everyone he struggled with was a bad style match up.....:francis:

this is moot. the question is why is he fighting Smith in the first place? cuz he tryna make himself look better after saying he was gonna fight GGG then bytchin out immediately after.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
@Newzz

not gonna quote u this time but here is what he has done since those comments...:ohhh:

• got shut out by a guy that everyone said was afraid to fight him (and one fakkit still had the nerve to score it a fukking draw :wow:) while outweighing him by 20 lbs...at that
He drained himself for that fight, but it's true he got out skilled :manny:

• fought a fight with Trout where most thought was a draw at best, meanwhile two judges give cooked up scores implying he dominated
Fight was closer than some of the cards...but Trout didn't win that fight. Canelo did.

Funny though that Trout was coming off a embarrassing Cotto as well...and Canelo again proved himself better than both Trout & Cotto by getting on the ring & beating them both:mjpls:

• fought Lara, another quality fighter, but again, blind ass fukking judges didnt see what the general public saw
I saw Canelo win that fight:yeshrug:

Let's not forget, just like Floyd/Canelo, people were saying Canelo was afraid of Lara:mjpls:

He still took him on & beat him too...no controversy either. Just a close fight that went to the guy who didn't decide to start running. All Lara's running in that fight makes Keith Thurman look like Ruslan Provodnikov in the ring:heh:

• didnt really do shyt to Cotto who is past his prime and was stopped by lil Manny years ago at a lower weight...while in his prime
He easily outboxed Cotto who was supposedly "rejuvenated" with Freddie Roach in his cormer and after beating Sergio Martinez & Daniel Geale.

• oh yeah....called up a guy from 147 and knocked him out, who incidentally had been stopped at 135 and 140. :mjlol: then started talkin shyt talmbout how Mexicans dont fukk around, meanwhile Khan and Hunter are saying they didnt duck him so he shouldnt duck GGG.....then he turns right around like the lil puta he (and ODLH) is and give up the belt.:snoop:
His KO of Khan is still a Top 5 KO of the year & I disagreed with how he handled the GGG situation though.

allz I see is a bunch of hype and bias from judges and protection from his fakkit promoter.

I would give him more credit even if he isnt dominant if the fukkin judges would get off his dikk. your boy is just the next hot ticket. thats all. above average fighter but name doesnt need to be in the same print with the word great.

this guy isnt good for boxing....he is embodies a lot of what is wrong with the game.

I seriously disagree...especially with the bolded. If more fighters had Canelo's resume, we'd get the fights we've been looking for to be made.

The ONLY blemish on how Canelo has moved himself was with GGG...that's it. Other than that, what fight has he missed which was being demanded of him by the public?

None.

He fought Floyd. He fought Trout & Lara (when people said he wouldnt, & with their lack of fan bases, he didn't even have too). He moved up & fought Cotto.

hopefully, Smith can change that, but that's wishful thinking as he is likely to get robbed at gunpoint on this one. if Smith digs to the body, he is gonna hurt Canelo. then we will sit back and watch another fakkit judge score the fight like he hadnt been touched. :comeon:

You're saying this as if you believe Liam Has A chance to make the fight close in your eyes, so I have to ask again: If Canelo KOs him or beats him easily & clearly...are you ready to give him his Ps?:sas2:

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
so everyone he struggled with was a bad style match up.....:francis:

this is moot. the question is why is he fighting Smith in the first place? cuz he tryna make himself look better after saying he was gonna fight GGG then bytchin out immediately after.

Well, Canelo is naturally a counter puncher I would say. Lara, Trour and Mayweather were all movers, outside boxers, they are a bad style match up for a counter fighter. And they all represented a high level.
That's why I'm more impressed than many others with his wins over Trout and Lara even if they were close fights not dominations. Against Trout he was sill green and Trout was in his prime but he still won.
You can't look dominant all the time against world class opponents. So I doN't think him not being "dominant" against them takes anything away from his achievements.

Yeah I also wasn't happy that he chose to marinate the Golovkin fight but honestly I did not react to that situation but to your message where you fancied Liam Smith for an upset.
That's why I said, that not even Canelo hah higher level opponents than him they were all much worse to him style wise than Smith so I can't see how Smith would win this.