Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps

NEWS

ANDRE BERTO FRUSTRATED BY GARCIA TALKS

andre-berto-vs-steve-upsher-01-photo-by-naoki-fukuda.jpg

PHOTO BY: NAOKI FUKUDA
SEP
BY MITCH ABRAMSON

Andre Berto is close to moving on from his proposed fight with Danny Garcia if talks don’t pick up soon. The former welterweight titleholder was in Manhattan on Tuesday for buddy Andre Ward’s press conference with Sergey Kovalev and seemed frustrated at the slow pace of negotiations for their fight, which had been discussed for Oct. 15 at Staples Center.

“I haven’t been hearing too much of nothing, man,” Berto said in his relaxed, Florida drawl. “I know they’ve been working on it to get the Oct. 15 date. Something happened and that it might be getting pushed back. But I’m a point right now — like I told my team, ‘Listen, if you can make it happen, make it happen. But if not, let’s keep it moving.’ I don’t know what Danny has going on. I don’t know if they’re just dragging their feet on their end because I want to get busy.”

Berto (31-4, 24 knockouts) was asked of a rumor that John Molina Jr. is now being considered as a possible opponent for Garcia’s in the fall. Berto wasn’t aware of such speculation. “If that’s the case- that’s crazy,” he said. “But I haven’t heard anything like that so whatever the case may be I’m not sure. There are lot of different (rumors), just like everyone said the fight was done and was going to be at the Barclays Center. It’s a lot of different talks so you can’t just believe everything you hear.”

If Garcia does decide to take on Molina, who resurrected his career with an upset win against Ruslan Provodnikov in June, Berto would perceive it as Garcia ducking a dangerous opponent. “He wants to take the route that everybody continues to criticize him for,” Berto said of the perception Garcia has faced less than dangerous opposition in recent fights.

Berto has been in the gym, training as if he has a fight coming up. At the same time, he doesn’t consider himself an opponent and refuses to take a fight on short notice, which is why he doesn’t want to be told at the last moment he’s fighting Garcia. “I’m not one of those guys where they give me six weeks notice, five weeks notice,” he said. “Everything has to be done and handled professionally and it always has been for me.”

Andre Berto frustrated by Garcia talks - The Ring

:dwillhuh:

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
Inoue's lil brother got DROPPED in that 1st round... he displayes the same problems as big brother.

They rely way too much on their athleticism and just use their feet to move out of range of punches. That shyt won't work against Roman Gonzalez.

Monster is a beast, but I think he's losing steam... He should either move up or rethink his weight management

Anywho...

This video is true on many levels. I experienced this shyt for T craw, Wilder, etc. Especially for Wilder how those racist cats showed their colors even tho it wasn't wilder's fault the povetkin fight was cancelled. For Ward its the same shyt unfortunately :francis:
Even though Kovalev himself respects Ward's game you still get that crap:comeon:

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Even though Kovalev himself respects Ward's game you still get that crap:comeon:

true, I've seen some mfers around the internet claiming they don't give Ward credit for taking this fight and they won't admit that he isn't a "coward" until they see them both in the ring cause Ward still can "fake an injury" ... :mjlol:

They just can't let it go... :dwillhuh:

How about Kovalev claiming an injury? We saw Ward in the ring with more serious opponents than the opponents Kov fought so far... :yeshrug:
:troll:

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
interesting :patrice:..care to expound on why you think so? im curious

Smith like Sturm doesnt do anything great, but like Sturm, he is very solid and a pretty strong JMW. If he fights every second of every round, like Sturm kept the jab on Oscar, he will make it very tough for Canelo. Make no mistake, Canelo is gonna win, aint nobody lettin him lose on the cards. Smith can really make it a difficult fight for Canelo though and it could be close in our eyes, despite what the judges decide to cook up.