Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
breh, I still stand by my statements.

Just for reference, let me repost your statements:
synistr said:
Like Skip said, the winner of the 140lb tourney is better qualified. Martinez is better qualified.You get things twisted. I dont doubt that Canelo at this stage would be a big fight for Floyd, and more money.

My problem is everything thinking he is so much better than Guerrero or the JWW's or anyone in the JMW division. The kid is an average fighter but people have him stamped for greatness. I said the same thing about Cotto. He was supposed to be the next Tito. I told people that guy wasnt that great of a fighter. I admit, Cotto may have turned out slightly better than I anticipated, but still....I dont see him as an All Time Great. I dont see Canelo being as good a fighter as Cotto though.

You stand by your statements that Canelo is barely better than Robert Guerrero & he's not as good of a fighter as Cotto...who he easily defeated? :dwillhuh:

havent seen anything he has done to show he was clearly better than anyone else besides be the benefactor of some questionable decisions. he didnt dominate Trout, Lara, or Cotto.

Dominate? He doesn't have to dominate, he has to only get the W...which he did over all 3 of them including, again, easily out boxing the same Cotto you said he wouldn't be better than:patrice:

Then, you called him average in your initial post on him...but the "average" fighter has beaten everyone and none of the fights (Lara, Trout, Cotto) were controversial Ws either. Why is this average fighter beating all these good fighters? :jbhmm:

no way he wouldve lost any of those fights unless he got KOed.

None of them did enough to beat him. Close Ws are still Ws...you don't have to dominate someone in order to beat them.

he is still on the hype train because of his marketability. I thought all those guys fought close fights with him.

Or maybe he's on the hype train because he clearly has a better resume than everyone in the sport outside of Pacquiao? :ld:

on the other hand, I was skeptical about Kovalev, but he has dominated his opposition and almost 50 year old B-Hop is still better than any of those guys Canelo fought.

Hate to do it...but :forreal:

btw... isnt he still calling out 140lbers? why doesnt he call out Thurman or Porter or somebody.
He hasn't called out anyone:dwillhuh:

Thurman & Porter are too small for Canelo...they cant beat him.

didnt even have the cojones to do what Brook is doing.

:scust: at this fraud.

Fighting Trout when they said you wouldnt, draining yourself to fight Floyd Mayweather, fighting Lara when they said you wouldnt > Blowing up in weight to take a fight with 0% chance of winning in order to get quickly KOd & take a career high payday:manny:

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Canelo Alvarez - The Ring

canelo-270x270.jpg

How in the fukk Canelo looks like on this picture. It's like somebody would photoshopped his head on that body :mjlol::dead:

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Needs to hit the weights arm strength wasn't that impressive he might have to sit for a while if Francois do what he do Henry ain't seeing the field until 2019

I was definitely impressed with Francois last night, and with Malik being indefinitely suspended, Francois aint gotta look over his shoulder...he can just be comfortable which will be a good thing for us.:obama:

And fukk Clemson & Louisville too by the way:birdman:

#MightyNoles