Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
I kinda feel sorry for Harrison though...

He had that loss where he was better otherwise but got carried away, then he rebuilt himself and now he will take another L from Williams.
Harrison looks promising otherwise just he's not ready for this, I hope they won't just stick a fork in him if he loses to J-Rock.

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Crazy what's happening over by PBC. Dude's ducking dudes, guys trying their hardest to fight once a year, every year.

Then you look and see how much someone like Ghost has fought :dahell: Dude stays with a fight.

I hate to say it I think Al spoiled them dudes the first year :francis:

#SOG_soldier

New York knicks and phoenix suns stan
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
J Rock vs Tony Harrison for vacant IBF Junior Middleweight Championship coming up next:yeshrug:

Would've liked to see Tony Harrison avenge his L to Willie Nelson first, but I don't see Nelson beating J Rock either...plus he just got destroyed by Andrade:manny:

I likeep j rock against Tony harrison. But a nikka with power and atheticism is a tough outing

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
I kinda feel sorry for Harrison though...

He had that loss where he was better otherwise but got carried away, then he rebuilt himself and now he will take another L from Williams.
Harrison looks promising otherwise just he's not ready for this, I hope they won't just stick a fork in him if he loses to J-Rock.

Depends on how he loses. If it's competitive, then we can give him another chance. If he's dominated by J Rock, he's going back in the bushes that Willie Nelson threw him in:manny:

*sidenote*

Speaking of the bushes, not only was Tony Harrison the 1st official inductee, but he now has worked his way back up the ladder and has an opportunity to become the 1st person to ever escape "The Bushes" and win a Championship since the thread was created if the Charlo/J Rock is officially off:ohhh:

Tony Harrison

Willie Nelson defeats Tony Harrison with late KO
Jul 12, 2015

• i

Dan RafaelESPN Senior Writer
TAMPA, Fla. -- The late, great trainer Emanuel Steward took junior middleweight prospect Tony Harrison under his wing and talked constantly about him before his untimely death. To hear Steward talk, Harrison would be a future world champion and a star.

Perhaps that might still happen but the path hit a major roadblock on Saturday night on the Keith Thurman-Luis Collazo undercard at the USF Sun Dome.

In an otherwise forgettable fight, Willie Nelson knocked out Harrison out of nowhere with a right hand in the ninth round to win the debut bout of Premier Boxing Champions on ESPN.

Punch Stats
PUNCHES HARRISON NELSON
Landed 143 105
Thrown 422 338
Percent 34% 31%
-- Courtesy of CompuBox

Harrison (21-1, 18 KOs), 24, of Detroit, was taking a big step up in competition and was winning a close but very dull fight when Nelson (24-2-1, 14 KOs), 28, of Cleveland, connected.

Harrison beat the count but was out of it -- he turned to face the corner rather than referee Frank Santore -- and Santore called off the fight at 2 minutes, 27 seconds.

"I just really took my time and was being patient," Nelson said. "I still have a lot to work [to do] on letting my hands go. I let him get punches off that I shouldn't have let him. I was walking around and I should have had my hands up. The plan was to take him into deep waters so that's why I was relaxing. I got the job done with two right hands. I listened to my coach who said go down and fake down and throw a right hand on top. And he buckled a little bit with another right hand.

"I continued to throw a barrage of punches and then he went down. It was the left uppercut that started the combination and then the right hand."

Nelson trailed 87-83 and 86-84 on two scorecards -- the third was 85-85 -- when he scored the knockout. It was a big rebound win for Nelson, who was coming off a competitive 10-round decision loss to Vanes Martirosyan in October.

"I let the anxiety get to me," Harrison said. "I just felt the anxiousness to knock him out. I went in reckless and got caught. I felt I was winning the whole fight with my game plan and I just switched it up. I just felt that I had to give Detroit something to look at. I let my city down tonight. [He was] a guy that I shouldn't have lost to. The shot was behind the head but no excuses. I got up and the ref did what he had to do."

Nelson, who seemed awfully amped up for the fight after a war of words with Harrison at Thursday's final news conference, where they engaged in some shoving and extended jawing, swung so hard and missed on a shot in the final seconds of the first round that he fell to the mat. But the fight had a bit of a slow pace even though Harrison got through with plenty of stiff jabs and body shots against the taller and longer Nelson

The crowd began to boo the lack of action in the sixth round and continued in the seventh and eighth rounds. There was way more posing from the fighters than punching and also some holding and grappling that made it frustrating to watch.

But at least Harrison connected on some right hands in the later rounds and threw combinations here and there - until Nelson turned out the lights.

"I want one of the world champs. Any of them will do," Nelson said. "I want to save the best one for last, Demetrius Andrade. That's my boy but we cool. You know, I could save him for last. I want 'K9' [Cornelius Bundrage], [Erislandy] Lara, whoever have a title. That's who I want. Since everyone is jumping on the Floyd Mayweather bandwagon, give me him too."

http://www.thecoli.com/threads/the-...bushes-thread-sammy-vasquez-now-added.408978/

Can he come full circle?:wow:

Last edited:

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Blue chip lightweight prospect Ryan Martin (15-0, 9 KOs), 23, of Cleveland, has been added to the undercard of flyweight champion and pound-for-pound king Roman “Chocolatito” Gonzalez’s move up in weight to challenge junior bantamweight world titleholder Carlos Cuadras on Sept. 10 (HBO) at the Forum in Inglewood, California, K2 Promotions managing director Tom Loeffler told ESPN.com. Martin is slated to face Fermin De Los Santos (28-15-2, 18 KOs), 32, of Mexico, in an eight-rounder that will be part of the international telecast.

Notes: Pacquiao-Vargas moves forward without HBO

#OhioPlayers

:smugbiden:

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
J Rock vs Tony Harrison for vacant IBF Junior Middleweight Championship coming up next:yeshrug:

Would've liked to see Tony Harrison avenge his L to Willie Nelson first, but I don't see Nelson beating J Rock either...plus he just got destroyed by Andrade:manny:

well well well, all that talk that charlo wasn't gonna duck jrock and he did.

I was right all the time.

#rocboyz got nikkas shook:banderas:

#SOG_soldier

New York knicks and phoenix suns stan
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
hope he won't
but I can easily imagine from Jermall tbh... he seems the "money wasn't right" type of guy
Al gone have to just put danny on a ppv soon he need the bread. I would have Charlo as the co main to maybe danny vs ab in 2017. I would let ab get back in the swing of things and maybe let danny run it back with lamont. I think danny beats lamont at 147 since he isn't drained and lamont hasn't looked great since then iirc

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Al gone have to just put danny on a ppv soon he need the bread. I would have Charlo as the co main to maybe danny vs ab in 2017. I would let ab get back in the swing of things and maybe let danny run it back with lamont. I think danny beats lamont at 147 since he isn't drained and lamont hasn't looked great since then iirc
Nah Charlos ain't a draw breh. Their style is boring. There's so many more deserving PBC dudes to be on a PPV.

But here's to hoping they stay away from PPV'ing for at least a few more months. These next months are gonna hurt my pockets.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Nah Charlos ain't a draw breh. Their style is boring. There's so many more deserving PBC dudes to be on a PPV.

But here's to hoping they stay away from PPV'ing for at least a few more months. These next months are gonna hurt my pockets.
Jermall is a power puncher though....
so he should be entertainig for casuals too just he's not as big of a shot as he thinks he is