Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

#SOG_soldier

New York knicks and phoenix suns stan
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
While Danny is certainly better than Bundu he is slower than him on foot and probably with hands too (makes up for it with timing) so I think he would have a hard-hard time to get inside of Spence's phone booth jab and straight punches.
If Spence over commits himself then Danny's time can come but if Spence fights smart mainly tagging Garcia from the outside I can see him win this
I never seen Spence fight outside of being the come forward aggressive guy. :yeshrug:

I didn't even know he had the ability to fight on the outside :yeshrug:

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
In for Mikey vs Zlaticanin :blessed:

Danny vs Berto is less interesting but I'm not mad

He had to fight Berto...it was always going be Berto

You win a WBC vacant then you gotta fight a mando right away... Khan is obviously not available... Berto was next in the rankings

N we've seen waaaaay worse mandos... Jo jo Dan, Dominic Wade, etc...

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
I never seen Spence fight outside of being the come forward aggressive guy. :yeshrug:

I don't recall Truth fighting from the outside that much either. He hasn't been forced to stay outside yet, kind of like Porter hadn't until he fought Thurman, so I don't know how he performs like that yet

#SOG_soldier

Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
I don't recall Truth fighting from the outside that much either. He hasn't been forced to stay outside yet, kind of like Porter hadn't until he fought Thurman, so I don't know how he performs like that yet
Yeah that's my thing with Spence I can't give you a prediction on how Spence vs danny will play out cuz eroll still need to be brought along a lil more imo. We see how he handle movers like Chris Algeria but what about a inside fighter? I would like to at least see Chaves vs spence or someone on that c level before moving him up to fight danny, thurman, porter ect. )

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps

I doN't think about coasting though. I also didn't see him do that.
But he usually pressures from the outside. Or... from him maybe mid distance but since he is a rangy guy it can seem to be "outside" for many fighters. HE would have almost 10 cm (3 and a half inch) reach advantage over Danny which is not huge but can definitely make harder for Swift.
While he is rather a pressure fighter, he usually keeps a certain distance while he is pressuring, a little like Kovalev does tbh... I doN't say that they are alike but in this regard a little

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps

:martin:

It won't be easy to take away the Charlos' belts...

I'm pro Andrade, J-Rock, Lubin
and I don't really like the Charlos and Lara that much
somehow both Charlos and Lara come off as arrogant as fukk... They all overrate themselves

Anrade can be salty af but I really like his style so that gives him a pass

Tony Harrison is also sympathetic

#SOG_soldier

Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
I doN't think about coasting though. I also didn't see him do that.
But he usually pressures from the outside. Or... from him maybe mid distance but since he is a rangy guy it can seem to be "outside" for many fighters. HE would have almost 10 cm (3 and a half inch) reach advantage over Danny which is not huge but can definitely make harder for Swift.
While he is rather a pressure fighter, he usually keeps a certain distance while he is pressuring, a little like Kovalev does tbh... I doN't say that they are alike but in this regard a little
I see the similarities they both so damn patient

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
I see the similarities they both so damn patient
Spence seems to be comfortable on the inside too though if the fight goes there but yeah in that regard they are similar
Kovalev sometimes bend over and over commits himself (Ward can exploit that) but he is usually patient when he is pressuring.

Of course Spence surely has weaknesses too but they are more hidden because his level of opponents didn't reach the maximum so far.

HeruDat1

Superstar
Daps

:martin:

It won't be easy to take away the Charlos' belts...

I'm pro Andrade, J-Rock, Lubin
and I don't really like the Charlos and Lara that much
somehow both Charlos and Lara come off as arrogant as fukk... They all overrate themselves

Lindsey Tucker, the IBF's Championship Chairman told BoxingScene.com on Monday morning -"We had that resolution and then we found out that Charlo had some kind of an eye injury. So he got a 60-day medical extension. So that starts back up September the 8th. That's when we start the process, again." The hope was to stage this Öght in October somewhere in the Los Angeles area. "When Charlo comes back (on September 8th) we're going to give him 15 days to get the contracts in and if they don't, then unfortunately we'll probably have to go through a purse bid. That's the only other tool that we have," explained Tucker, who says that if Charlo vacates the title then Williams will face the number two ranked Tony Harrison for the vacant crown. Charlo last made a defense of his IBF belt on May 21st, defeating Austin Trout in a 12-round decision. It was at that point he was then expected to face Williams next.. Williams saw action back in March when he stopped Marcello Matano in seven rounds.

:what:

I'm all for fighters getting what they deserve, but this entitled generation is soft. They working backwards, you fight those tough fights and you gain much more (audience, leverage, $$$) than avoiding them.