Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
In June Postol and Crawford were considered as the clear #1 and #2 n 140, just the order was the question.
MOst of the people didn't think Postol is a bum... :jbhmm:

Oh...so we using RING Rankings:shaq:

When AB beat Paulie Malignaggi, he was 22...in his first fight after jumping up 2 divisions...and Paulie was ranked the #4 Welterweight by RING Magazine as well as WBA Champion:smugbiden:

Broner was also ranked #6 P4P by RING Magazine which means that people thought higher of only 5 Boxers in the world at that time...THAT'S why he was such the favorite over Malignaggi.

Doesn't make his jumping up 2 divisions to beat the Champion, & #4 fighter in the division, in his very first fight any less impressive:ufdup:

But again, this is exactly why I don't care who AB fights anymore...bc yall love to discredit his wins:manny:

Last edited:

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
Kid Choc & Mario Barrios now training with Virgil Hunter
Been thinking a bit about Quillin lately. Last I heard there was rumors he was moving to 168.
I may be the only one, but if Jacobs doesn't want to fight GGG after Mora, I am interested in a Quillin rematch.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale

When AB beat Paulie Malignaggi, he was 22...in his first fight after jumping up 2 divisions...and Paulie was ranked the #4 Welterweight by RING Magazine as well as WBA Champion:smugbiden:

Breh, dude's opinions be all over the place. :mjlol:

Today he's down playing AB moving up to take Paulies belt (and his girl :shaq: )

but yesterday was going on about how GGG should move up to take Ramirez belt even though he's even less proven then Paulie ever was. :dahell:

Like is it black girl loss, or shorty owe you for ice. :mindblown:

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Been thinking a bit about Quillin lately. Last I heard there was rumors he was moving to 168.
I may be the only one, but if Jacobs doesn't want to fight GGG after Mora, I am interested in a Quillin rematch.

Hell prolly fight a tune up at a catch weight N from there decide 160-168

Kid Choc gets a lot of hate...I wanna see him do good N that rematch with Jacobs is a must

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Breh, dude's opinions be all over the place. :mjlol:

Today he's down playing AB moving up to take Paulies belt (and his girl :shaq: )

but yesterday was going on about how GGG should move up to take Ramirez belt even though he's even less proven then Paulie ever was. :dahell:

Like is it black girl loss, or shorty owe you for ice. :mindblown:

:russ:

#SOG_soldier

New York knicks and phoenix suns stan
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
Hell prolly fight a tune up at a catch weight N from there decide 160-168

Kid Choc gets a lot of hate...I wanna see him do good N that rematch with Jacobs is a must
Kid chocolate is still dangerous to me. I would support a rematch with danny if he looks good in a tuneup at 160 or slightly above that

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Mind telling me about Matthysse championship pedigree? Or how he couldn't even beat a washed up Zab Judah? :jbhmm:
You know very well that he only didn't get an IBF belt because of some fukkery but otherwise he knocked the actual IBF champion cold... :stopitslime: So let's leave that....

Billy Joe Saunders has a belt. :pachaha:
Tony Bellew has a belt. :mjlol:
Liam Smith has a belt. :scust:
Ricky Burns at 140 has a belt :russ:

What does that tell you about the so called official "championship level"?

I never rated Malignaggi that high, not even in his prime

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
And ofc he is robotic, 90% of EE fighters are but that doesn't mean he wasn't good just that he was only being good at fundamental @#SOG_soldier
Wldimir Klitschko was also robotic, Golovkin is also kinda robotic, doesn't mean that they are not good (it means that they are boring to me but that's whatever right now)
Beating a "passed it" Malignaggi >>> losing to a washed up Zab Judah....especially considering Paulie Malignaggi beat Zab Judah too:umad:

triangle theories? :heh:

I admit that Matthysse had hard job with Alexader and Judah but he actually beat Devo jut he got robbed and again Judah he had a close fight which could go either way

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
And ofc he is robotic, 90% of EE fighters are but that doesn't mean he wasn't good jusr

Broner was also ranked #6 P4P by RING Magazine which means that people thought higher of only 5 Boxers in the world at that time...THAT'S why he was such the favorite over Malignaggi.

Doesn't make his jumping up 2 divisions to beat the Champion, & #4 fighter in the division, in his very first fight any less impressive:ufdup:

But again, this is exactly why I don't care who AB fights anymore...bc yall love to discredit his wins:manny:

nah, not RING ranking, that's how the public saw as far as I can judge it. :manny:
Malignaggi was clearly not a top 5 ww at that time realistically. Where Maidana was on that table then? I guess lower than AB.

and no, I don't discredit anyone who fought against Broner, but I never rated Malignaggi high. He was never an elite fighter in my eyes, Who was Paulie's best win? :yeshrug:
I actually thought Broner's win against Allakherdiev was cool and his best win. But not better than Postol's Matthysse win.

Our disagreement roots in 4 things

We rate Malignaggi differently
We rate Matthysse differently
We rate Postol differently
We rate Broner differently

one causes the other and so on...

so let's just leave this cause I doN' think we will ever agree on this.

for the record I would even root for Broner against Potol who is boring as fukk but I can't say that the Ukranian s a bum and I would give him 50% against Broner :ld: Period

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
so have we got this lucas rating figured out yet?

one moment yall are saying he was a big beast and big win for Garcia.

next day yall saying he never was good, meaning not a great win for Garcia.

just something I noticed.

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Lucas best win was the Peterson KO that was his prime a B+ with a 3rd round KO over another B+ fighter<---highest point

Loses to swift, get's KD for the first time, mentally fukked, has a war w Molina which he wins and beats Prov but subsequently quits against moderately powered Postol.

He's overall a B level fighter to B+. Elite power weak actual boxing skills. Is a noteworthy win on a resume.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
so have we got this lucas rating figured out yet?

one moment yall are saying he was a big beast and big win for Garcia.

next day yall saying he never was good, meaning not a great win for Garcia.

just something I noticed.

Lucas was a great win for Swift

Lucas was a good/solid win for Postol.

The reason for the difference in significance of wins, is that Matthysse was beasting, hyped, and was the favorite going in against Swift. nikkas thought Danny wouldn't take the fight and etc... He was knocking nikkas out and taking names. Dudes were saying he the next Pac etc....

Whereas against Postol, Lucas was a slight favorite, and although coming in on a win streak, he was going life and death with limited guys like Provodnikov and Molina. The aura of badassery that he had going in for the Swft fight was gone.

Just like Tito was a good win for Winky, but it was a great win for Hopkins. Same boxer, different circumstances.