Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

#SOG_soldier

New York knicks and phoenix suns stan
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
Ok, Broner in my mind is a lower tier fighter than in yours and @Newzz let's leave t with that...

Postol is no bum... tell me why he is? :yeshrug: His Matthysse win is better than any of Broner's win in 140 and up
Mathysee prime was knocked out of him by swift. Postol was having a competitive match with him that alone tells me postol is nothing special.
You can argue that the version of Matthysse Postol beat was worse than the one Danny has beaten, fine.
But you damn sure won't convince me that beating convincingly even that version of Matthysse isn't a better win than beating Allakherdiev or Malignaggi. :stopitslime:

@#SOG_soldier
Yes it is malignanni was a champ at 147. It was abs first fight at 147. Ab was only 22 iirc and he clearly outboxed paulie. Prime paulie >>>>>>Fetty wap after swift basically ended his career

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Mathysee prime was knocked out of him by swift. Postol was having a competitive match with him that alone tells me postol is nothing special.

Yes it is malignanni was a champ at 147. It was abs first fight at 147. Ab was only 22 iirc and he clearly outboxed paulie. Prime paulie >>>>>>Fetty wap after swift basically ended his career
:pachaha:
no, scraping through an old ass Malignaggi ain't a better win than Matthysse, stop it.

and now we gonna spin this ito "he was a champion" and etc... talk? You know damn well that being a champion often = being a title holder not an actual deserved champion. Hell, just look around what kid of fighters call themselves champions today in some weightclasses... But if we are already there, Matthysse should have been really a champion (earlier, IBF) since he ktfod Pederson...

Malignaggi was never that good imo and Broner beat a past prime version of him. That was no prime Malignaggi, stop it.
And idc if he just moved up, he was a pretty big betting favourite, doN't try to make it out like Broner would have defied the odds or something. :umad:
Postol on the other hand was a underdog against Matthysse.

Beating Matthysse is better all day than craping through Paulie. Broner's best win isn't even MalignaggiI would rather say Allakherdiev based on the eye test.
Postol's performance against Matthysse was more convincing than AB's against Paulie. And Matthysse is better tha Paulie.
I know... styles make fights and all but this is exactly why I don't say just straight up that Potol would be the favorite against Broner but rather a 50-50. Potol is a boring and awkward fighter but not a bum, he never was.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
In June Postol and Crawford were considered as the clear #1 and #2 n 140, just the order was the question.
MOst of the people didn't think Postol is a bum... :jbhmm:

#SOG_soldier

New York knicks and phoenix suns stan
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
In June Postol and Crawford were considered as the clear #1 and #2 n 140, just the order was the question.
I knew absolutely nothing of postol but based on what I have seen yeah breh he's a bum. And prime paulie>>>>>washed up lucas who damn near committed suicide because of swift caving his face in

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
I never though stiff robotic ass Postol was that good. Prior to Matthysse his best win was average at best Aydin. I went to the Barclays last year for Garcia/Peterson and he saw Postol fight live. He looked like complete shyt. Fans didn't start dikkriding him until he W against Matthysse in which Lucas quit. Now everybody on his dikk acting like he could really give Crawford trouble.

Crawford exposed Postol for what he is and who I knew he was all along

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
I never though stiff robotic ass Postol was that good. Prior to Matthysse his best win was average at best Aydin. I went to the Barclays last year for Garcia/Peterson and he saw Postol fight live. He looked like complete shyt. Fans didn't start dikkriding him until he W against Matthysse in which Lucas quit. Now everybody on his dikk acting like he could really give Crawford trouble.

We will see, I think we will see him in the future beating or giving serious problems to good contenders

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago

That fight was so trash they changed it to an 8 rounder mid match :russ:

Postol looked so trash Angel Garcia who calls Al Haymon God...was questioning Allah asking why he didn't let them fight Postol instead of PED

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
So on one hand, nikkas wanted GGG to move up and face Ramirez for a belt even though Ramirez is barely proven at the top level. :ooh:

When Broner does the exact same thing ( moves up to face Paulie for his belt in his hometown no less) nikkas is saying it's no big deal.:camby:

As far as I'm concerned, Swift ended Mattysse's prime. Turned dude from an elite threat to a B level cat that just punches hard.

I can't sit here and say Postol's win over Matthysse is better than Broner's win over Paulie. They're about equal really, but I'd lean towards Paulie at 147 being slightly better as a win.

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
Jessie Vargas needed a controversial win in order to defeat Khabib Allakhverdiev (who easily beat an undefeated Joan Guzman):mjpls:....but Adrien Broner dominated him:sas2:

You said Chris Algieri was a "Master Boxer" after beating Ruslan Provodnikov right?:mjpls: Well, John Molina easily beat Provodnikov & had a FOTY war with Lucas Matthysse, dropping him twice in the process....but Adrien Broner dominated him:sas2:

Adrien Broner is an A level fighter at 140. Only person at 140 who can possibly beat him is Terence Crawford.

:jbhmm: What does Jessie Vargas or Khabib career have to do with my post that you quoted though??

Again, since you movin goal posts, how can Buscuits be considered A level at 140 and has yet to fight any A or B+ level opponents since leaving 135?? :ohhh: maybe even since before that...

:jbhmm: Since when did dominating C and B- level opponents yet never beating any B+ or A level opponents make you an A level fighter??

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
:jbhmm: What does Jessie Vargas or Khabib career have to do with my post that you quoted though??

Again, since you movin goal posts, how can Buscuits be considered A level at 140 and has yet to fight any A or B+ level opponents since leaving 135?? :ohhh: maybe even since before that...

:jbhmm: Since when did dominating C and B- level opponents yet never beating any B+ or A level opponents make you an A level fighter??

The same way GGG is an A level guy, even though he hasn't fought or beaten any fellow A level boxer.

If you're dominating guys that are B,C, and D level, nikkas will automatically rank you higher than the competition you're fighting. Eventually fighting someone on your level will solidify that position though.
If you succeed you're truly A level, if not then you prolly drop down a notch. (maybe, maybe not depending on how you respond)

Broner has looked A level all the way up to Chino. Once that loss happened, Everybody kinda agreed that while he has A level talent, he's really a B/+ type of guy.

Ward is an A level guy, but I personally (I know some will disagree and that's cool) believe that Kovalev will be the 1st A level guy he faces. Dawson was close, but since it was at 168, it kinda takes it down a notch.
Guys like Kessler (even though he was favored) Froch, Abraham, Bika, etc....are all B level guys. The thing is, once you get known for dominating those level of fighters, it's only right that you're looked at as a A level boxer.

I hope that makes sense and if it doesn't :manny: