Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
The same way GGG is an A level guy, even though he hasn't fought or beaten any fellow A level boxer.

If you're dominating guys that are B,C, and D level, nikkas will automatically rank you higher than the competition you're fighting. Eventually fighting someone on your level will solidify that position though.
If you succeed you're truly A level, if not then you prolly drop down a notch. (maybe, maybe not depending on how you respond)

Broner has looked A level all the way up to Chino. Once that loss happened, Everybody kinda agreed that while he has A level talent, he's really a B/+ type of guy.

Ward is an A level guy, but I personally (I know some will disagree and that's cool) believe that Kovalev will be the 1st A level guy he faces. Dawson was close, but since it was at 168, it kinda takes it down a notch.
Guys like Kessler (even though he was favored) Froch, Abraham, Bika, etc....are all B level guys. The thing is, once you get known for dominating those level of fighters, it's only right that you're looked at as a A level boxer.

I hope that makes sense and if it doesn't :manny:

I said A or B+ level... but you're right about ggg, he hasn't beaten an A or B+ level guy yet which is why I dont consider him A level either.. I think he will eventually get exposed by one of the guys at 154 when they move up to 160.. this is what happens when you're a decent fighter in a shytty division.. This is where hype jobs come from

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
I said A or B+ level... but you're right about ggg, he hasn't beaten an A or B+ level guy yet which is why I dont consider him A level either.. I think he will eventually get exposed by one of the guys at 154 when they move up to 160.. this is what happens when you're a decent fighter in a shytty division.. This is where hype jobs come from

If that's the case, GGG is the scariest B level fighter of all time. :mjlol:

You got me curious tho. Which cat from 154 do you see beating Golovkin.

I don't see anyone, but I'd give Andrade the best shot.

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago

I'd like to see winner of Mall Charlo / Jrock...get a fight or 2 at 160 N fight GGG

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s

I can see him losing to Andrade, Canelo, Lara.. who knows.. when you a middleweight your best win finna be vs a welterweight its hard to call you A level

Last edited:

LauderdaleBoss

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
I'd like to see winner of Mall Charlo / Jrock...get a fight or 2 at 160 N fight GGG

Agreed.

I would like for 154 to sort itself out a lil, and then who ever emerges as the top dog, take on GGG.

shyt would move faster if guys fought more than once or twice a year though.

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
i pray to Allah this doesn't stink..

but kovalev is going in to kill..
and ward is going in to display pure skill..

oh my god..
It wont, kovalev will open up if he can't get to him and exchanges will assume :ohlawd:

Unless ward gonna do the punch and grab stuff:mjpls:

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Ok, Broner in my mind is a lower tier fighter than in yours and @Newzz let's leave t with that...

Postol is no bum... tell me why he is? :yeshrug: His Matthysse win is better than any of Broner's win in 140 and up

No its not.

Matthysse has never even won a Championship at 140 & took losses to Devon Alexander, Viktor Postol, & a washed up Zab Judah...plus he struggled more with Provodnikov than Molina did. Speaking of Molina, he had a back & forth affair with Matthysse as well & got dropped twice.

I feel Matthysse is on the same level as Prov, Molina, Postol, Allakhverdiev, etc

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
You can argue that the version of Matthysse Postol beat was worse than the one Danny has beaten, fine.
But you damn sure won't convince me that beating convincingly even that version of Matthysse isn't a better win than beating Allakherdiev or Malignaggi. :stopitslime:

@#SOG_soldier

Mind telling me about Matthysse championship pedigree? Or how he couldn't even beat a washed up Zab Judah? :jbhmm:

LauderdaleBoss

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
No its not.

Matthysse has never even won a Championship at 140 & took losses to Devon Alexander, Viktor Postol, & a washed up Zab Judah...plus he struggled more with Provodnikov than Molina did. Speaking of Molina, he had a back & forth affair with Matthysse as well & got dropped twice.

I feel Matthysse is on the same level as Prov, Molina, Postol, Allakhverdiev, etc

but but but Matthysse hits so hard.

how sway how.

#SOG_soldier

New York knicks and phoenix suns stan
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
No its not.

Lucas was never that nice to me. I was lowkey mad danny didn't stop him. I was expecting danny to either dominantate him like on some 10-2 shyt or KO him. When danny had a somewhat competitive fight with him I knew danny would never be a p4p nikka like I wanted him to be

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
:pachaha:
no, scraping through an old ass Malignaggi ain't a better win than Matthysse, stop it.

and now we gonna spin this ito "he was a champion" and etc... talk? You know damn well that being a champion often = being a title holder not an actual deserved champion. Hell, just look around what kid of fighters call themselves champions today in some weightclasses... But if we are already there, Matthysse should have been really a champion (earlier, IBF) since he ktfod Pederson...

Malignaggi was never that good imo and Broner beat a past prime version of him. That was no prime Malignaggi, stop it.
And idc if he just moved up, he was a pretty big betting favourite, doN't try to make it out like Broner would have defied the odds or something. :umad:
Postol on the other hand was a underdog against Matthysse.

Beating Matthysse is better all day than craping through Paulie. Broner's best win isn't even MalignaggiI would rather say Allakherdiev based on the eye test.
Postol's performance against Matthysse was more convincing than AB's against Paulie. And Matthysse is better tha Paulie.
I know... styles make fights and all but this is exactly why I don't say just straight up that Potol would be the favorite against Broner but rather a 50-50. Potol is a boring and awkward fighter but not a bum, he never was.

Beating a "passed it" Malignaggi >>> losing to a washed up Zab Judah....especially considering Paulie Malignaggi beat Zab Judah too:umad: