Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
They have Canelo for star power. Canelo is still very young so he gives them time to figure out the rest

Canelo is also a veteran of almost 50 fights and has been a pro since he was 15...youth is one thing, wear and tear is another.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I can honestly say that I don't hate Golovkin but I am also not much of a fan either so I don't get all in my feels about people ducking him or him not getting the big fights because I really don't care one way of the other.
But I do get all sorts of enjoyment out of seeing a$$holes like Kim and Rafael who dikk ride Golovkin way too much being denied the opportunity to see him in a big time fight. There disappointment gives me all sorts of Cartman licking the tears of Scott Tenorman happiness.
giphy.gif

So Canelo putting Golovkin on the bus for a year or two just tickles me.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Canelo is also a veteran of almost 50 fights and has been a pro since he was 15...youth is one thing, wear and tear is another.
true but he didn't get punched that many times... His defense is pretty solid if he pays attention
also his style isn't based on athleticism, reflexes and speed, those type of fighters burn out the quickest after the Provodnikov like sluggers who get punched in the face a lot.
Canelo certainly has some dynamism which is important in his style but otherwise he is rather about timing, power, and combinations (and underrated ring IQ) and that can be done by an older fighter too.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
I told nikkas before canelo even beat cotto that he was gonna wait at least 2 years to fight lil g.and I don't blame him. He has taken risks in the past why not fight lil g in 2017/2018 when the fight is bigger. Canelo will have Billy Joes me strap, lil g is older, Canelo is a better fighter and a full time mw. From a business standpoint, starving the fans is the formula. May and pacman proved that.

and that's why I didn't even list Canelo with them names. He's a star. He'll always have options. He said he'll GGG in Sept, ok cool, BUT that doesn't let all these other middleweights of the hook.

If I was Jacobs or Eubanks, or etc... I'd be trying to ruin those plans and get the Canelo fight myself after beating GGG, but these nikkas ain't having it.

If I'm GGG why move up, when the Canelo fight is still possible. Just beat up a few more bums in the meantime.

#SOG_soldier

New York knicks and phoenix suns stan
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
and that's why I didn't even list Canelo with them names. He's a star. He'll always have options. He said he'll GGG in Sept, ok cool, BUT that doesn't let all these other middleweights of the hook.

If I was Jacobs or Eubanks, or etc... I'd be trying to ruin those plans and get the Canelo fight myself after beating GGG, but these nikkas ain't having it.

If I'm GGG why move up, when the Canelo fight is still possible. Just beat up a few more bums in the meantime.
Yup lil g did the right thing imo. The canelo fight ain't going nowhere

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
On the plus side he doesn't have any wars in his boxing past either.

also true

true but he didn't get punched that many times... His defense is pretty solid if he pays attention
also his style isn't based on athleticism, reflexes and speed, those type of fighters burn out the quickest after the Provodnikov like sluggers who get punched in the face a lot.
Canelo certainly has some dynamism which is important in his style but otherwise he is rather about timing, power, and combinations (and underrated ring IQ) and that can be done by an older fighter too.

ive always mentioned this..usually these mexican cats do burn out early by their early 30s if they fight in their teens..there are anomalies to that like an orlando salido..but i dont think we want to use him as an example of somebody with longevity with the wars hes been in lol...even though he is on a slide(:patrice:)

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
also true

ive always mentioned this..usually these mexican cats do burn out early by their early 30s if they fight in their teens..there are anomalies to that like an orlando salido..but i dont think we want to use him as an example of somebody with longevity with the wars hes been in lol...even though he is on a slide(:patrice:)
Canelo's style reminds me of JMM's and JMM lasted pretty long with it

#SOG_soldier

Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
Facts but like lil g he has very lil wear and tear. He only been hurt by cotto lil brother and that was when he was 19.

Anyway fukk all this canelo talk. What's up with my nikka AB ?

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
@#SOG_soldier

whats ur infatuation with craw?:russ:

I swear every time u post u have to say something about him.

some of yall don't want to admit that pac ducked tcraw cause its not ur fav fighter.

and comparing nelo age with craw is flawed logic. like nelo didn't have 50 pro fights by age 10 cause that's how Mexican boxing programs do their fighters. craw started at like 21...nelo been boxing pro since 15 and has more unknown underground fights.

and you say canelo take risk? okay but whats the risk when judges clearly favor you...even over Floyd which is crazy.:mjlol:

and then u talking about craw moving up to 147 when he just got to 140? to fight who his best friend Bradley?(which is lame imo)

but even if he fought Bradley who else? vargas? old man jmm? pac already don't want it.

so craw at the same place he is now if he wins vs brad/vargas(even though most yall think he trash). beat two title holders with no real threat to left fight.(which is Benavidez and sadam ali....no one would favor them over craw)

so whats the use lol. might as well get them belts and make history as a unified champ.

oh and I know bob/haymon beef supposedly ended but their has been no strong realistic indication that those two will ever work with each other for now. im dealing in the harsh reality of what boxing is right now.:manny:

#SOG_soldier

Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
@#SOG_soldier

whats ur infatuation with craw?:russ:

I swear every time u post u have to say something about him.

some of yall don't want to admit that pac ducked tcraw cause its not ur fav fighter.

and comparing nelo age with craw is flawed logic. like nelo didn't have 50 pro fights by age 10 cause that's how Mexican boxing programs do their fighters. craw started at like 21...nelo been boxing pro since 15 and has more unknown underground fights.

and you say canelo take risk? okay but whats the risk when judges clearly favor you...even over Floyd which is crazy.:mjlol:

and then u talking about craw moving up to 147 when he just got to 140? to fight who his best friend Bradley?(which is lame imo)

but even if he fought Bradley who else? vargas? old man jmm? pac already don't want it.

so craw at the same place he is now if he wins vs brad/vargas(even though most yall think he trash). beat two title holders with no real threat to left fight.(which is Benavidez and sadam ali....no one would favor them over craw)

so whats the use lol. might as well get them belts and make history as a unified champ.

oh and I know bob/haymon beef supposedly ended but their has been no strong realistic indication that those two will ever work with each other for now. im dealing in the harsh reality of what boxing is right now.:manny:
Lol I was reaching hard asf with the t craw hate :russ:

I just shyt on him and young errol cuz too many nikkas crown them and they both gotta lotta question marks surrounding them. When you got nikkas on youtube saying that t craw would DESTROY the entire 147 roster it's hard to not hate terrence. I'm sick of his delusional stans. :lolbron:

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
:heh:
None of these would be interesting or any kind of step up for Golovkin. From lists like this you can really see why the 160 division sucks ass. I don't follow it below 122 but from there and up 160 might be the worst division. It has some nice up and coming talents but they are ot there yet so i don't count them.

BJS - nobody thinks that he is anything above B level, based on P4P quality he would be barely a top 10 in stronger weight classes or maybe he wouldn't eve be, and there he is as the number 3 fighter in middleweight :skip:
Quillin - He is probably done after he got knocked the fukk out by Jacobs in round one. He wasn't that good or interesting even before that but that put the nail in his coffin... Nobody cares about Quillin...
Korobov - Is he still a thing after Lee knocked him cold? Who demands a Golovkin vs Korobov fight? :yeshrug:
Mora - the "Latin Snake"? :mjlol: c'mon, he isn't that good, Golovkin hasn't got the best resume but already fought guys better than Mora
Eubank - okay, we will see how he progresses, but as of now... he has a loss against BJS who isn't a big deal himself, so...

only fighter who I would give a chance against Golovkin from current 160 is Jacobs, nobody else but even Jacobs wouldn't be some super fight. Jacobs is a good contender at least though, the only fighter I care for other than Golovkin and some prospects from 160.

Ramirez - needs more seasoning and his name ain't even ringing like that.

DeGale and Jack are supposed to fight each other and that ain't happen yet.

What are all these big fights at 168 that can happen this year?

All those potential fights at 160 might not appeal to you, but they are still solid fights for a guy who's opponents for this year will be Wade and Brook.

You say Mora ain't good, but you got nikkas anticipating his rematch with Jacobs :scust:

Lee ain't shyt, but he's Chavez's best win. :dwillhuh:

Korobov ain't shyt, but he's one of Lee's best wins and he just beat Vera, yeah the same Vera Jr needed to fight twice to clearly defeat. :ohhh:

BJS ain't shyt, but he got wins over Lee and Eubank who you also shytted on. :jbhmm:

Boxers can't make fans like you happy since you'll find a way to shyt on them regardless. :camby:

Let's just keep it 100. There's no super fights for GGG unless it involves Canelo or the winner of DeGale/Jack.

Any other fight is just a decent fight with an opponent with a name. :manny:

but nikkas wanna act like prime Tito, Vargas, Hopkins, Taylor, Winky, Pavlik, etc... are out there and shyt. :francis:

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
Lol I was reaching hard asf with the t craw hate :russ:

I just shyt on him and young errol cuz too many nikkas crown them and they both gotta lotta question marks surrounding them. When you got nikkas on youtube saying that t craw would DESTROY the entire 147 roster it's hard to not hate terrence. I'm sick of his delusional stans. :lolbron:

naw . yall know aint never nothing like that.:russ:

I even said I favored pac over craw numerous of times.

I mean I cant control how other people feel about a certain fighter.:yeshrug:

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
yeah because canelo vs liam smith is a much more intriguing fight now than canelo vs ggg and it will tell us if canelo is ready for GGG :heh:..this is nonsense breh

Nah but it puts him in an immediate position to snatch that WBO from Billy which will force ggg to bowdown and kiss the ring if he truly wants to be undisputed .. they playing chess while ggg playing GoFish

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Ramirez - needs more seasoning and his name ain't even ringing like that.

DeGale and Jack are supposed to fight each other and that ain't happen yet.

What are all these big fights at 168 that can happen this year?

All those potential fights at 160 might not appeal to you, but they are still solid fights for a guy who's opponents for this year will be Wade and Brook.

You say Mora ain't good, but you got nikkas anticipating his rematch with Jacobs :scust:

Lee ain't shyt, but he's Chavez's best win. :dwillhuh:

Korobov ain't shyt, but he's one of Lee's best wins and he just beat Vera, yeah the same Vera Jr needed to fight twice to clearly defeat. :ohhh:

BJS ain't shyt, but he got wins over Lee and Eubank who you also shytted on. :jbhmm:

Boxers can't make fans like you happy since you'll find a way to shyt on them regardless. :camby:

Let's just keep it 100. There's no super fights for GGG unless it involves Canelo or the winner of DeGale/Jack.

Any other fight is just a decent fight with an opponent with a name. :manny:

but nikkas wanna act like prime Tito, Vargas, Hopkins, Taylor, Winky, Pavlik, etc... are out there and shyt. :francis:

Being lil Chavez' best win is not a big accomplishment for me... :manny:
Chavez Jr was always a hype job and the only thing made his early success possible are his name and the fact tht he could somehow make weight in the weakest weightclass where the average fighter were clearly smaller than him. We could all see what happens though if he meets a real quality fighter (Maravilla) and we could also saw what happens to him when he steps up and fights someone with a pulse who is also his size or maybe even a little bigger (Fonfara)

Maybe I'm too picky, idk... but this middleweight division ain't shyt for me and Golovkin should have moved up (almost) 2 years ago. What we would have missed if he would have moved up after beating Murray? A clash with David Lemieux? Dominic Wade? :yeshrug:

and yeah Jack and DeGale suppose to fight each other but it will probably happen this year and Golovkin could aim those titles for example. It's not a long time to go. Ramirez was in the talks with Golovkin already btw but it didn't happen.
btw I didn't say that there are super fights for him at 168 but there are 3 fights there for him which would be arguably better than any mw fight of him. I'm a boxing fan, I want to see interesting matchups especially from a claimed superstar.
Chudinov might be also a interesting matchup in 168