Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X

The fall is in a state of flux.

That’s the buzzword – flux, uncertainty, etc. – for a number of high-profile fights and cards on Showtime and the PBC that have been in the works for some time and have yet to be finalized –- despite a number of well-intentioned tweets and reports.

Danny Garcia’s fall return is rumored to be on Oct. 15 at Staples Center against Andre Berto on Showtime; however, both sides have yet to close on a deal and remain in closed-door discussions. “Berto is an option but not the only choice (for Garcia),” Showtime boxing chief Stephen Espinoza said in an email to RingTV.com on Thursday.

Then, there is the second fight of Mikey Garcia’s long-awaited comeback, also rumored to be on Oct. 15 at Staples. While lightweight titleholder Dejan Zlaticanin has already tweeted that it’s a done-deal and he’s fighting Garcia on the date, Espinoza has yet to receive official confirmation the fight has been made. Thus, the date remains up in the air, even if both fighters appear to want the match, he said.

The same goes for the highly anticipated Oct. 1 junior middleweight title fight between champion Jermall Charlo and mandatory challenger Julian Williams. “The PBC hasn’t decided where to put Charlo-Williams,” Espinoza said on Thursday.

The proposed Oct. 15 date at Staples is shaping up to be a compelling card with Garcia-Berto, Garcia- Zlaticanin, and possibly even Abner Mares against Jesus Cuellar — yet another intriguing match-up. However, officials are trying to determine if all those fights on the same card are feasible and if it makes more sense to split it up into two shows.

So in closing, a number of delicious match-ups seem far along in discussions, and fans (and media members) will have to wait a little longer for official announcements (and travel plans) to be made.

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Errybody but Mikey been available since the god damn spring N these idiots at PBC still trying to figure out shyt N how they should build these fight cards in late August :mindblown:

Then they'll wonder why ticket sales/ viewership aren't as good as they should be when you only give the fans 3 weeks to buy tickets/hear about the fight :rudy:

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
As far as I'm concerned Golovkin is the man at 160.. nikkas should be gunning for him. Cats like Jacobs, BJS, Quillin, Korobov, Lee, Mora, Eubanks, etc.... should be actively trying to fight this nikka and fans should be :pacspit: at them until one of them dudes take the fight.

Instead nikkas is on some "well why don't GGG bully them nikkas down on 168th street." :mjpls:

Like them nikkas got anything to do with nikkas on 160th street being bytches. :martin:

Besides with everybody fighting only once and twice a year, damn near any worthwhile fight is gonna take mad long to happen. If a good fight happens to be made rather quickly (Salido/Vargas for example) then we're prolly just lucky and should be thankful. :manny:

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
He wants a rematch:heh:

Gotta stay relevant somehow :yeshrug:

Ghost N em is pretty smart tho Cuz they know Danny be getting hate like that

No other fighter could whip your ass 8-4...have you eating hooks so hard got you drooling all over yourself...but you can say robbery/gift N people will :ehh:

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
See the dumbass shyt that lil g keep saying is why u don't feel sorry for him. nikkas keep putting the onus on everyone else to make the fight. Canelo supposed to go to the full 160, ward should met at 164, lara gets no shot at all. What people gotta understand is that boxing business works very simply. Boxing business says that the a side can dictate terms just like Floyd made nelo come to 152, made Maidana wear pillows instead of real gloves, SRL made Hagler fight him in a 50 ft ring, coke boy drained b hop, ect. Canelo gets a pass from me because he had taken risks in the past, why don't the media ever ask lil g top take risks. Why is t craw allowed to stay at 140 and come in the ring as a middleweight he rehydrates just as much as canelo. But we never hear that t craw is a bytch picking on smaller fighters. Thats why I don't blame fighters with star power using their leverage. The media and fans are not consisent. They dikkriding fighters like lil g and t craw who in they 30s and never took a risk. But shyt ob canelo, danny, and ward who have some of the best resumes. So yes I don't care if many pac "ducks" terrence. The fans ain't say shyt when Floyd ain't fight margacheato. At the end of the day, fighters are supposed to dip what's best for them. I don't blame Pacquiao who had one of the best resumes in boxing history not wanting to fight t craw. If I was pacman I would fight either canelo or keith thurman. Terrence not even a star that dusty nikka did 57k ppv buys. Get your garbage ass numbers up and justify Pacquiao taking the chance. Why should pac man fight t craw and that fight won't even crack a million ppv buys? Why not just fight thurman who is an easier fight and bigger star?

Longest post in @#SOG_soldier 's history :wow:

Don't necessarily agree, but I'll dap just for the effort :wow:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
He wants a rematch:heh:

i can see that happening...after this thrilling defense against soto karass's leftover he'll go back to having another low risk competitive fight with ghost lol...unless ghost gets another journeyman asswhoopin this saturday against this colombian cat hes facing :heh:..shyt i may have to see the odds on this

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
As far as I'm concerned Golovkin is the man at 160.. nikkas should be gunning for him. Cats like Jacobs, BJS, Quillin, Korobov, Lee, Mora, Eubanks, etc.... should be actively trying to fight this nikka and fans should be :pacspit: at them until one of them dudes take the fight.

Instead nikkas is on some "well why don't GGG bully them nikkas down on 168th street." :mjpls:

Like them nikkas got anything to do with nikkas on 160th street being bytches. :martin:

If you want to fight, and nobody else wants to fight you & is avoiding you, why not move up to a new division for new challengers? Why stay at a weight where you cant get the fights you're looking for and complain about it?

Paul Williams got ducked heavily at 147....he moved up to 160 and then settled in at 154.:yeshrug:

Besides with everybody fighting only once and twice a year, damn near any worthwhile fight is gonna take mad long to happen. If a good fight happens to be made rather quickly (Salido/Vargas for example) then we're prolly just lucky and should be thankful. :manny:

Honestly breh, we've been waiting forever for GGG to involved in a good fight. It's not going to happen. He should move up.

His reign at 160 officially jumped the shark once he agreed to face a Welterweight at Middleweight:manny:

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Gotta stay relevant somehow :yeshrug:

Ghost N em is pretty smart tho Cuz they know Danny be getting hate like that

No other fighter could whip your ass 8-4...have you eating hooks so hard got you drooling all over yourself...but you can say robbery/gift N people will :ehh:

He needs to give Aron Martinez a rematch first before calling out Swift.

Willy Waffle

Willy Da Waffleman
Daps
Reppin
#GIANTS #KNICKS #RANGERS
Why is he sparring with a south paw?

could just be just getting rounds in? or maybe he was a righty but switched it up on curt :manny:

he's in the gym but remember the fight with lemieux still hasn't been finalized. i have no idea why this can't be on the kovalev-ward undercard. don't know what lemieux brought in vs n'dam but really think he can sellout the bell centre (21K) or bring or sell tickets like that :jbhmm: i like stevens-lemieux but thats like a boxing after dark fight on the low.