Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
:heh:

I'm no Maidana fanboy but his whole style changed once he got with Robert Garcia, and he arguably beat Khan. Giving Floyd his hardest fight since JLC 1 is something to be praised for, not shyt on for. The only real :mindblown: out of all of those is Devon 'losing to jobbers' Alexander

Nothing mindblowing abot it... Devon was better than Maidana... Maidana clearly lost to Khan..

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Showtime & Schaef Dogg did a good ass job building chino back up after Devon

Beat the shyt out of Soto Karass
Beat the shyt out of Lopez (main event)
Beat up undefeated champion Broner
Gave Floyd a tough ass fight

PBC needs more JSK/Josesito Lopez type jobbers who can go RDS N be entertaining

Instead of Collazo/Aaron Martinez type jobbers the have now

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Nothing mindblowing abot it... Devon was better than Maidana... Maidana clearly lost to Khan..

Don't post stupid just to post. If I told you the dude who gave Floyd his toughest fight in 10+ years was shutout by Devon you wouldn't go :jbhmm: ?

If I told you a breh who outboxed AB and damn near knocked him out got shutout 10 months earlier by Devon you wouldn't go :jbhmm: ?

You need to re-watch that Khan fight though breh

mr. smoke weed

Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Showtime & Schaef Dogg did a good ass job building chino back up after Devon

Beat the shyt out of Soto Karass
Beat the shyt out of Lopez (main event)
Beat up undefeated champion Broner
Gave Floyd a tough ass fight

PBC needs more JSK/Josesito Lopez type jobbers who can go RDS N be entertaining

Instead of Collazo/Aaron Martinez type jobbers the have now
Wasn't the Josesito fight undercard on a PPV? Or am I trippin?

That fight was FLAMES Josesito had hurt McDonald in the round before and the round he got KTFO in :wow: plus if y'all remember the punch that put him out it was a :whew: temple shot

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Wasn't the Josesito fight undercard on a PPV? Or am I trippin?

That fight was FLAMES Josesito had hurt McDonald in the round before and the round he got KTFO in :wow: plus if y'all remember the punch that put him out it was a :whew: temple shot

I'm 99.9% sure Chino vs Lopez was Showtime Main Event

Chino vs JSK was on an undercard...I think Lopez vs Canelo

That was back when Showtime was airing 4 fight stacked shows :mjcry:

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
14 notifications?

Let's get to it:ahh:

tumblr_mxiob2Yozm1qkoopko1_400.gif

The fight that birthed the flip-flopping views that ppl have of Broner

Not me though..I never fukked with Broner:smugfavre:

You're right:ehh:

You do realize people could just counter this argument by saying Broner is a bum and Maidana proved himself by pushing Floyd to one of his hardest fights, right? :heh:

Matter of fact...

Broner is a bum and Maidana proved himself by pushing Floyd to his hardest fight :youngsabo::troll:

Maidana gave Floyd a tougher fight than Pacquiao did....doesn't make Maidana > Pacquiao:mjpls:

How do you, out of nowhere, become a "legend of the ring" by having your best win be against someone most people consider average....when you weren't held in high regards prior to beating this average fighter?:jbhmm:

Sorry @Newzz this deposit is rejected.

AB was being FULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLY gassed all the way the fukk up before that L to Chino. Remember AB sparring at Floyd's gym? Remember AB being all over Floyd's all access, remember AB being all over showtime at every fight?

Boxing public felt AB had next in 2013 my breh. Anyone who knows boxing knows AB is a good fighter, and a great talent. What is strange is nobody gave a shyt when Chino got shutout like 10 months before by Devon alexander

AB was ranked #6 P4P....still didn't stop the "bu-bu-but, he's not any good" talks.

The bolded isn't true, because I've had WAY to many arguments on here and read WAY to many tweets, posts, articles about how he was nothing but an overrated hypejob who wasn't that good. Just a quick search of 2013 shows me:

Is Adrien Broner severely overrated and arrogant? - Boxing News
ADRIEN BRONER-THE MOST OVERRATED AND OVERHYPED MAN IN BOXING - TEAM LEFTJAB
ADRIEN BRONER CERTAINLY NO FLOYD MAYWEATHER!

And this is not including going into detail with a thorough search. I could just up posts in here from 2013 and before and justify what Im saying. There were a SMALL few of us in here saying AB was a great talent & good fighter. All the haters of AB in here are the same haters I was arguing with back then about him.....ESPECIALLY after the Malignaggi fight.

None of this is true at all. You all thought he was the future GOAT :dead:

Who is "you all" outside of me?:dwillhuh:

Of course I think AB is the man....however, the MAJORITY'S opinion is that he wasn't that good. Let's not try and re-write history, because I said this same thing in 2013.

"How can yall hype up Maidana after beating a guy yall said wasn't a good fighter?"

You cant have it both ways. Either Maidana became a good fighter, because he beat one....OR....Maidana's not a good fighter, because he's never beaten one:ufdup:

Salty lake city...!

I am salty that Maidana refused to rematch AB:manny:

@Newzz I'm eddie Love on Twitter. Who else on there

I finally figured that out when you asked me about Berto:heh:

He's in my Top 25-30...I don't know where exactly. He's very explosive and hits with bad intentions. I actually think that Berto vs Errol Spence Jr would make an excellent matchup:obama:

#AboutBillions

tumblr_mqm2wiwgJa1qkoopko1_400.gif

mr. smoke weed

Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi

Yea you right. I remember because I DVR'd that shyt and it was like 4.5hours before and DVR extensions :damn:

That Josesito Canelo fight was always a joke to me though

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale

Word....Showtime used to really do it up with them stacked cards.

fukk I remember they had a card of

Lacy/Vanderpool
Ouma/Phillips 2
Wlad/TOS

going head up against #TitoTitans vs Mayorga ppv. A nikka VCR was the real mvp that night tho. :mjcry:

Got dayum Showtime has fell off this year. :snoop:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio

yeah that card went against the sergio-jr ppv...shyt was a struggle to keep up with the action...showtime on my TV, the ppv on my laptop...there was like a FOTY candidate on each card and not one fight was a stinker....i had a rare boxing high that night

mr. smoke weed

Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
AB was ranked #6 P4P....still didn't stop the "bu-bu-but, he's not any good" talks.

The bolded isn't true, because I've had WAY to many arguments on here and read WAY to many tweets, posts, articles about how he was nothing but an overrated hypejob who wasn't that good. Just a quick search of 2013 shows me:

Is Adrien Broner severely overrated and arrogant? - Boxing News
ADRIEN BRONER-THE MOST OVERRATED AND OVERHYPED MAN IN BOXING - TEAM LEFTJAB
ADRIEN BRONER CERTAINLY NO FLOYD MAYWEATHER!

I disagree :yeshrug:

Perhaps because my criteria is different from yours. Dude's that post here often enough I consider 'heads' people in the know etc. with no obvious bias. I can google 'Floyd Mayweather overrated' and probably get articles from last year from 'legit' boxing websites. Could probably do the same for tweets posts here etc.

AB has always had the same "make 'em mad" style that Floyd has; young, fly, flashy and rich. Boxing journalists (specifically white/spoonface/Hispanic) HATE that shyt. That's why AB was on the Pound for Pound list and still receiving a bunch of hate. It wasn't that "Ahhh I just watched Matthysse quit against a light punching euro :pacspit: fukk him" it was always that "Broner's beating all his opponents, talking shyt afterwards, WHAT DO I TELL MY KIDS?!?!" hate

So agree to disagree. But that's why I believe Maidana gets the props and recognition he does now, that and Floyd 1

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
@patscorpio "beating Guzman 10 pounds above his prime division is not that great" huh?:sas1:

You feel AB's prime division is 135 (you've said it on multiple occasions:mjpls:)....so would you hold that same standard for opponents that beat him at 147?:sas2:

I mean, you cant say that about Khabib Allakhverdiev to hold against him, but big up anyone else that's done similar:mjpls:

Lamont Peterson is not better than AB breh:francis:

Matthysse nor Prov was ever elite:manny:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Word....Showtime used to really do it up with them stacked cards.

fukk I remember they had a card of

Lacy/Vanderpool
Ouma/Phillips 2
Wlad/TOS

going head up against #TitoTitans vs Mayorga ppv. A nikka VCR was the real mvp that night tho. :mjcry:

Got dayum Showtime has fell off this year. :snoop:

showtime has fallen so far since 2013 period...i remember watching those cards...i watched the PPV and downloaded the fight card from the torrents later that night..memories :to:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@patscorpio "beating Guzman 10 pounds above his prime division is not that great" huh?:sas1:

You feel AB's prime division is 135 (you've said it on multiple occasions:mjpls:)....so would you hold that same standard for opponents that beat him at 147?:sas2:

context: lucas beat better fighters at 140 than broner at 140...youre not making a good case on your end lol