Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
all these wild exceptions being made for margarito and his eye..there's no doubt in my mind his eye will end up like israel vazquez's smh...dont give a fighter who suffered a severe eye injury the most thorough of eye exams

Margarito Will NOT Have Special Medical Exams For Alvarez

By Miguel Rivera

The Commission of Professional Boxing and Wrestling in Tijuana has not ask the former world champion Antonio Margarito to have a special medical examination on his eye for the upcoming fight on Saturday against Ramón 'Inocente' Alvarez.

The local commission is giving him a pass because this past March he passed a rigorous examination in Mexico City in order to be cleared for his comeback fight with Jorge Paez Jr.

Juan Carlos Pelayo, president of the Tijuana commission, said Margarito will only have to go through routine exams before the weighin. Margarito is also licensed in California. Unless something extraordinary is discovered during the routine exams, he will be given the green light to face Alvarez. Angel de la Torre will be in charge of the medical exams.

antonio-margarito%20(12)_2.jpg

"We will not have anything extraordinary other than the routine tests, because in his last fight one of the requirements that was required of his return was to take part in a very rigorous study that was done by an ophthalmologist of a high prestige and he passed, so there shouldn't be any problem, "Pelayo said to ESPN Deportes.

"What is going to be done will be handled by the head of medical services, Angel de la Torre, and his team will take card of routine exams before Friday's weighin.

Margarito will fight Alvarez in the super welterweight division over twelve rounds at the Convention Center Rosarito, California, and the winner could come closer to a world title shot as both boxers are eager to land a major fight at the end of the year.

Antonio will be making his second professional fight this year after the win over Jorge 'Maromerito' Paez in March. Antonio confided a few days ago that he did not expect to have trouble getting the win against the older brother of Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Why is everyone acting like Maidana is some legend they are going to miss?:dahell:

Nobody gaf about him forreal until he beat The Problem...now it's all "Goodbye Chino:to: We gonna miss you:mjcry:"

:martin:
He has a FOTY candidate victory over somebody the casuals knew and dragged another FOTY candidate out of a fighter not known for that and made him fight all 12 rds...I guess that connected with people lol

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
I like shytting on GGG as much as the next guy

Having said that his PPV flop is on HBOs hands...they royally fukked that up

Errybody knew Lemeuix wasn't shyt...instead of fattening him up on HBO to make him look credible...they throw his ass on PPV as the B side when Lemeuixs last fight was on Fox Sports nine
That's on HBO/K2

Top Rank has 97g you think he's 97g? Or 250g?

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Why is everyone acting like Maidana is some legend they are going to miss?:dahell:

Nobody gaf about him forreal until he beat The Problem...now it's all "Goodbye Chino:to: We gonna miss you:mjcry:"

:martin:
Could you imagine some of the Haymon/PBC WW fights if Chino stuck around? Plus he has that awkward style that you have to purely box to exploit.

But the biggest reason is b/c he beat the shyt out of Broner 3 years ago breh, it made him famous to non casuals.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Could you imagine some of the Haymon/PBC WW fights if Chino stuck around? Plus he has that awkward style that you have to purely box to exploit.

But the biggest reason is b/c he beat the shyt out of Broner 3 years ago breh, it made him famous to non casuals.

Pretty much. I still find the whole thing "interesting" though.

Newzz: I like AB. He's a good fighter and has potential to be great:ahh:
Public: Broner is overrated. He's not any good. He's a bum.:camby:

*Maidana beats Broner*

Public: War Chino! He's a really good fighter...you see the way he beat Broner!:banderas:
Newzz: But, yall told me (& still tell me) that AB isn't any good, so how would beating him make Maidana a good fighter?:ohhh:
Public: Who cares....war Chino!:umad:

That's pretty much how I feel about Maidana...confused at his biggest win being someone the public feels isn't any good, but yet they believe Maidana is:heh:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin

*Maidana beats Broner*

Public: War Chino! He's a really good fighter...you see the way he beat Broner!:banderas:
Newzz: But, yall told me (& still tell me) that AB isn't any good, so how would beating him make Maidana a good fighter?:ohhh:

That's pretty much how I feel about Maidana...confused at his biggest win being someone the public feels isn't any good, but yet they believe Maidana is:heh:
The fight that birthed the flip-flopping views that ppl have of Broner

Not me though..I never fukked with Broner:smugfavre:

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea

*Maidana beats Broner*

You do realize people could just counter this argument by saying Broner is a bum and Maidana proved himself by pushing Floyd to one of his hardest fights, right? :heh:

Matter of fact...

Broner is a bum and Maidana proved himself by pushing Floyd to his hardest fight :youngsabo::troll: