Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
No fight does for him unless he faces GGG or takes a Pacquiao rematch.

Neither does any fight outside of facing GGG

Outside of GGG & a Manny rematch....who?

Floyd vs AB > any fight Floyd can make with a person he hasn't fought before imo:manny:

I just don't see Floyd vs Thurman, Garcia, etc doing more buys than Floyd vs AB:yeshrug:

Just the hint of Floyd vs AB possibly happening made AB vs Theophane a sold out fight & brought in record breaking ratings...I don't see Thurman vs Theophane or Garcia vs Theophane doing similar:wow:
-Until we see PPV numbers, we don't know if they're legit, 9 figure (Mayweather's asking price, not mine) draws. 9 figures is a lot of money to guarantee a fighter as a BASE number for ONE fight.

-Pacquiao and Canelo rematches, both clear as day victories for Floyd, are the only fights that can produce those numbers.

-Broner has shown me nothing, skill wise, that shows me that he could compete with Floyd. Hell, Broner at 147 hasn't been all that good anyway. Close win against Malignaggi, lost to Maidana, lost to Porter... I know he's your guy, but I don't see it. (please don't give me any excuses about those loses, I won't consider any of them). Skill/match-up wise, I think there are better fights to be had.

-Ratings wise, Broner is a draw. But like I said earlier, and this applies to GGG, Thurman, Brook, Broner, Porter, Garcia..... until I see receipts on some PPV numbers as main-eventers...

-Now, before you state how previous opponents of Floyd's weren't PPV stars, couple of things to consider
A: Floyd is retired, not under contractual obligation of any sort to ever fight again
B: Drawing on free TV is not the same as subscription TV
C: Being a draw on free TV or subscription TV does not guarantee PPV #'s, at all

-What makes you think GGG can draw like that? Didn't his PPV do 90-100k?

@LauderdaleBoss To answer your question, I want him to stay retired. He's done more than enough to cement his legacy in my eyes, can do nothing to derail cac-biased media from short-changing him, and has nothing to prove. He'd beat anyone out there 154 and down.

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No fight does for him unless he faces GGG or takes a Pacquiao rematch.

Neither does any fight outside of facing GGG

Outside of GGG & a Manny rematch....who?

Floyd vs AB > any fight Floyd can make with a person he hasn't fought before imo:manny:

I just don't see Floyd vs Thurman, Garcia, etc doing more buys than Floyd vs AB:yeshrug:

Just the hint of Floyd vs AB possibly happening made AB vs Theophane a sold out fight & brought in record breaking ratings...I don't see Thurman vs Theophane or Garcia vs Theophane doing similar:wow:

What about a canelo rematch?

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
- What makes you think GGG can draw like that? Didn't his PPV do 90-100k?

I like shytting on GGG as much as the next guy

Having said that his PPV flop is on HBOs hands...they royally fukked that up

Errybody knew Lemeuix wasn't shyt...instead of fattening him up on HBO to make him look credible...they throw his ass on PPV as the B side when Lemeuixs last fight was on Fox Sports nine

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
instead of fattening him up on HBO to make him look credible...they throw his ass on PPV as the B side when Lemeuixs last fight was on Fox Sports nine

hbo's biggest mistake last year was not airing lemieux vs n'dam..a fukking intense FOTY brawl of that nature and i had to watch it in SD (that is if that particular fox sports channel was on your lineup)..it would have done so much going forward

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
I like shytting on GGG as much as the next guy

Having said that his PPV flop is on HBOs hands...they royally fukked that up

Errybody knew Lemeuix wasn't shyt...instead of fattening him up on HBO to make him look credible...they throw his ass on PPV as the B side when Lemeuixs last fight was on Fox Sports nine
Yeah, I can agree with HBO being fukk-ups, it's their MO at this point

Still... even if you double those PPV numbers... still not a big enough draw IMO to cover

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
US Team is 4-1 so far in the Olympics including already having 2 Boxers get further than anyone since Deontay Wilder in 2008:obama:

Shakur Stevenson ain't even fought yet & he's a monster imo...just refer to the footage of him beating Devin Haney's ass again:banderas:
I can't find that footage for shyt. Lmao

Man I really wish y'all saw this nikka at like 11 or 12. He was really knocking kids out. Nobody wanted to fight the kid.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
:sas1:

What footage
:sas2:
I can't find that footage for shyt. Lmao

Man I really wish y'all saw this nikka at like 11 or 12. He was really knocking kids out. Nobody wanted to fight the kid.
Taken down:

:mjpls:

He must have did him dirty :laugh:

He did....but TMT cant hide the footage everywhere:sas1:

Shakur Stevenson is in the black gloves....Devin Haney is in the white gloves. Floyd seen first hand that Stevenson is the truth:obama:

:sas2: