Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
word...unless you're on record with not liking all of these fights..you have no right to complain about pac-vargas

Yes you can considering that Terence Crawford is right there to make the fight, which is a much bigger AND better fight than Pacquiao vs Vargas, but the reason they give for passing up Crawford (again:mjpls:) is that they "don't like Crawford's style" because they "don't believe it's a style that suits Manny":shaq2:

So we go from a GREAT PPV matchup between a HOF fighter vs a prime, elite, undefeated, P4P, Unified/Lineal Champion to a :russell: PPV matchup between a HOF fighter vs a paper Champion who has 3 gifts on his resume (vs Lopez, Allakhverdiev, and Novikov) and has already been beaten by a guy Pacquiao easily defeated in his last fight:snoop:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
As far as Pacquiao's upcoming fight goes, this statement says it all:

"We're going to try to put together a fight that is the best econominic package for Manny, " Koncz said. "Very simple."

Manny Pacquiao's Adviser: I Lost All Respect For Adrien Broner! - Boxing News

That's the reason we are stuck with this bs fight....bc like we said all along, TR aint trying to pay nobody & want to keep the money in-house. Vargas was always the "big $$$ for least risk" option and with Koncz coming out and saying it (that they want the most $$$ for Pacquiao to keep in his pockets), it rests my case.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
In a perfect world, Pac would stay retired and we'd be getting Crawford vs Vargas instead which is good fight too.

Imo...In a perfect world, we'd be getting Crawford vs Broner on HBO PPV from Vegas and Garcia vs Vargas in an unification bout in LA at the Staples Center on PBC:mjcry:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Yes you can considering that Terence Crawford is right there to make the fight, which is a much bigger AND better fight than Pacquiao vs Vargas, but the reason they give for passing up Crawford (again:mjpls:) is that they "don't like Crawford's style" because they "don't believe it's a style that suits Manny":shaq2:

So we go from a GREAT PPV matchup between a HOF fighter vs a prime, elite, undefeated, P4P, Unified/Lineal Champion to a :russell: PPV matchup between a HOF fighter vs a paper Champion who has 3 gifts on his resume (vs Lopez, Allakhverdiev, and Novikov) and has already been beaten by a guy Pacquiao easily defeated in his last fight:snoop:

didn't you support floyd-berto (coming off a behind the cards victory against the furious assault of josesito lopez)..you bought the ppv and everything..you really cant complain about this fight...floyd-berto wasn't ppv worthy and neither is this...like @Elephant Emoji they all are the same: notable mismatches

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
didn't you support floyd-berto (coming off a behind the cards victory against the furious assault of josesito lopez)..you bought the ppv and everything..you really cant complain about this fight...floyd-berto wasn't ppv worthy and neither is this...like @Elephant Emoji they all are the same: notable mismatches

I didn't like the Floyd vs Berto matchup...there are 100s of posts of me talking down on that matchup. I did buy it, but that's bc it was the last time we would see Floyd in a ring and I cant pass up the opportunity to see Floyd's last fight.:yeshrug:

For me, buying a PPV doesnt automatically = you agree with the matchup. A lot of people, like myself, buy PPVs based upon who's fighting in the Main Event (I've bought all Floyd's & Canelo's PPVs) because you might be a fan of their fighting style. Hell, I would've paid for Broner vs Theophane as well and soon as Loma, SOG, Lubin get on PPV (regardless of who they're fighting), Im gonna purchase their fights as well.

I've never really been into the buying PPVs bc of matchups type of thing. I've always bought em based off the strength of me enjoying watching a particular fighter do his work:manny:

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Imo...In a perfect world, we'd be getting Crawford vs Broner on HBO PPV from Vegas and Garcia vs Vargas in an unification bout in LA at the Staples Center on PBC:mjcry:

nikka that's not even a perfect world.

You speaking utopia type shyt where we're all kings and queens and shyt with those match ups. :mjlol:

We can dream though. :mjcry:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Chris Algieri vs.........

Paulie Malignaggi in Brooklyn?:ohhh:

Joe DeGuardia plans to meet with Chris Algieri to discuss future
Mitch Abramson
August 4, 2016

Chris-Algieri-vs-Erick-Bone-fukuda.jpg

Promoter Joe DeGuardia is scheduled to meet with Chris Algieri for lunch on Thursday to work out their future plans and see if they can map out a return in the fall, DeGuardia told RingTV.com.

Algieri, a former titleholder, hasn’t fought since April when he was dropped three times and stopped in the fifth round by rising contender Errol Spence Jr. Algieri has expressed frustration with DeGuardia over his business practices. Specifically, Long Island’s Algieri (21-3, 8 knockouts) has spoken of not knowing all of the financials involved in his fights and has called on DeGuardia to release the information earlier than what he’s obligated to do.

Before the bout with Spence, Algieri complained publicly that, though he had negotiated a set purse, the Bronx-based promoter never disclosed what percentage of the total financial package his pay represented. DeGuardia has maintained that he’s done nothing wrong and is simply following the mandate of the law for when he’s obligated to disclose financial data, which is at the weigh-in. In any event, DeGuardia hopes to sort out their issues on Thursday when they break bread and start planning when Algieri will return.

“Chris and I are meeting for lunch tomorrow and we’re going to go through what options there are for fights for him and make a decision what’s going to be next for him,” DeGuardia said in a phone interview. “I have a few opportunities and a few things I’m looking at and now it’s about deciding what’s the best approach. I’ve told him that I think October would be a good target time (to return). It seems like he agrees, but we’re going to go through that in detail (on Thursday).”

DeGuardia referenced Gabe Bracero and even former two-time champion Paulie Malignaggi, both of whom fought last Saturday as the types of fighters he would like to see Algieri come back against. Malignaggi, 35, cruised to a decision win against Bracero, who is also 35.

“I think it would be good to shake out a little bit and take a kind of fight where he can headline a smaller card and feel comfortable about who we’re fighting that will put him back into contention,” DeGuardia said. “Those kinds of guys (Bracero and Malignaggi) will make for good fights but not the same kind of wars that he’s been in recently.”

Joe DeGuardia plans to meet with Chris Algieri to discuss future - Ring TV

Newzz

Supporter
Daps

Andre "Sold On Groupon" Ward:martin::shaq2::snoop::why::to::mjcry:

RNS deserves this :pacspit: for doing this to my boy & selling his tickets there:wow: