Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:dahell: we'll agree to disagree fam
the pyscho maidana who fought broner and mayweather would definitely give a washed up shane problems
he struggled to a draw against Mora (i had him barely winnning but still) and he ran for his life against pacquaio and a young canelo.

floyd beat baldomir 12 nothing, hatton won a few rounds and got knocked out. against oscar floyd looked human because he was at 154 and oscar had a small ass ring and chose his gloves lol. still won 8 rounds or more.

i agree he retired cause he needed a break and cause he had messed up hands tho. mayweather been fighting bigger guys with his weight advantages his whole career thoughh why do you keep calling him tiny lmao

We will definitely agree to disagree. My main issue with your argument is you keep bringing up fighters that fight absolutely nothing alike. Every fight is different. Devon Alexander shut down Maidana, yet Maidana gave the great Floyd Mayweather hell. This is boxing. Styles make fights. This shyt is going to happen.

Nygga, Shane was considered washed up and the underdog in the Margarito fight. He was past his best. That Shane would beat Maidana's ass. I'm not even high on Mosley like that, but the shyt Maidana brings to the table is not going to work on Mosley. Mosley is bigger, faster, & stronger & he is not going to be able to punk Mosley around.

Shane struggled against Sergio Mora. What weight class did that take place at? It took place at 154. Shane has NEVER looked good at 154. Why aren't you taking that into account? Why aren't you taking into account that Sergio Mora is actually a good fighter? He beat Vernon Forest. He gave Danny Jacobs hell. Maybe he's look at as a joke because of the "contender" series, but he's a solid guy that comes to work. Most importantly, why are you using a guy in Sergio Mora, as an example, who fights absolutely nothing like Maidana?

You could have at least used Mayorga (the first fight), who is somewhat in the same lane. That maybe would have helped your argument. There's a problem using Mayorga though. One, that fight took place at 154. Two, Mayorga weighed in a 180 the night of the fight.

Your telling me Shane would struggle with Maidana at 147, because he struggled with Mora at 154. Let's assume Maidana is the "better" fighter. You do know that the Maidana fight is a better fight for Shane than someone like a Mora that boxes & moves right?

Floyd Mayweather is my favorite fighter of all time. However, I do NOT think he is unbeatable. No one is. I call it like I see it. The Floyd Mayweather that first moved up to 147, from '06-'07, while he was getting acclimated to the weight, is the one time in his career where I felt someone could have gave him a loss. He won those fights, because he's that good. The point is, yes I believe Antonio Margarito would have caused major problems for Floyd in that point in time.

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We will definitely agree to disagree. My main issue with your argument is you keep bringing up fighters that fight absolutely nothing alike. Every fight is different. Devon Alexander shut down Maidana, yet Maidana gave the great Floyd Mayweather hell. This is boxing. Styles make fights. This shyt is going to happen.

Nygga, Shane was considered washed up and the underdog in the Margarito fight. He was past his best. That Shane would beat Maidana's ass. I'm not even high on Mosley like that, but the shyt Maidana brings to the table is not going to work on Mosley. Mosley is bigger, faster, & stronger & he is not going to be able to punk Mosley around.

Shane struggled against Sergio Mora. What weight class did that take place at? It took place at 154. Shane has NEVER looked good at 154. Why aren't you taking that into account? Why aren't you taking into account that Sergio Mora is actually a good fighter? He beat Vernon Forest. He gave Danny Jacobs hell. Maybe he's look at as a joke because of the "contender" series, but he's a solid guy that comes to work. Most importantly, why are you using a guy in Sergio Mora, as an example, who fights absolutely nothing like Maidana?

You could have at least used Mayorga (the first fight), who is somewhat in the same lane. That maybe would have helped your argument. There's a problem using Mayorga though. One, that fight took place at 154. Two, Mayorga weighed in a 180 the night of the fight.

Your telling me Shane would struggle with Maidana at 147, because he struggled with Mora at 154. Let's assume Maidana is the "better" fighter. You do know that the Maidana fight is a better fight for Shane than someone like a Mora that boxes & moves right?

Floyd Mayweather is my favorite fighter of all time. However, I do NOT think he is unbeatable. No one is. I call it like I see it. The Floyd Mayweather that first moved up to 147, from '06-'07, while he was getting acclimated to the weight, is the one time in his career where I felt someone could have gave him a loss. He won those fights, because he's that good. The point is, yes I believe Antonio Margarito would have caused major problems for Floyd in that point in time.
the way you feel about cheato, is probably the way i feel about forrest
i think he would give floyd more problems
but i see what your saying
just always thought margarito got credit for fights that never actually took place
his biggest win he cheated and he really never beat no one
just rode the boogey man gimmick that bob arum was spreading.
just never thought pressuring floyd was the way to beat him
no one is beating a prime floyd mayweather without having a solid jab

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
i knew pac was gonna duck craw cause he woulda got that ass beat. and kellerman got the nerve to get on firsttake and act like pac bout that life. craw got all these fakkits scared.:blessed:

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the way you feel about cheato, is probably the way i feel about forrest
i think he would give floyd more problems
but i see what your saying
just always thought margarito got credit for fights that never actually took place
his biggest win he cheated and he really never beat no one
just rode the boogey man gimmick that bob arum was spreading.
just never thought pressuring floyd was the way to beat him
no one is beating a prime floyd mayweather without having a solid jab

I always liked Vernon Forest's chances as well.

I just don't think you can out think or out box Floyd. However, I do feel he can be out hustled. Obviously its not easy. It takes the right pressure fighter.

Suspicious Dingo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sydney, Austalia
Yall need to show the Senator more respek... He has absolutely nothing more to prove to any of you:dame:

He earned the right to face Vargas just like Floyd earned the right to face Berto(Vargas > Berto btw)

Just like he earned the right to face Algieri, and Rios coming off a loss, and an unnecessary Bradley rematch? Outside of Floyd, Pac's matchups have been :scust: for years now