Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
We'll see how the fight turn out then when it happens.

Nobody thought Porter/Thurman would be a FOTY contender so :manny:

I'm not one of those people that said Vargas was wack when he was signed to TMT. I usually give him his props and say he a decent fighter. I don't really shyt on him at all so I don't know where that's coming from.

Nobody cares about Vargas like that on here. :mjlol:

I wouldn't say ALL that now :heh:

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps

It's a duck:manny:

aflac-o.gif

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Former Mayweather Opponent in Hot Water, Beats Up Officials

Phillip Ndou, 39-years-old and former holder of several WBC/WBA regional titles, has been arrested and is out on bail after he appeared in court on assault charges.

The boxer faces a charge of assault with intent to do grievous bodily harm after he attacked Boxing South Africa (BSA) officials at a weigh-in at the Thohoyandou Town Hall on Friday.

According to PowerFM, Ndou was due to fight on Saturday but was informed on the day before the fight that his application for a boxing licence had been declined on medical grounds. That did not sit well with him. He took matters into his own hands and assaulted at least three BSA officials, accusing them of ruining his life.

mayweather-ndou.jpg

Ndou handed himself over to the Thohoyandou police and his case has been postponed to September 15 for further investigation.

BSA chairperson Ntambi Ravele and event promoter Mpho Khorombi spoke to PowerSport regarding the details of the incident.

Ndou is best known to American fans for facing a 30-0 Floyd Mayweather Jr. for the WBC lightweight title in an HBO televised fight in 2003. It was the last time Mayweather had fought in his hometown of Grand Rapids. He stopped Ndou in seven rounds.

Ndou, with a record of 37-5 with 34 knockouts, was stopped in ten rounds back in February when he faced Ntuthuko Memela. It was the first time he suffered a stoppage loss since the Mayweather fight.

the last time i heard of dude he suffered a brain injury in the fight after the asswhoopin he got from floyd..the fukk is he doing trying to fight again? :dahell:

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He's an undefeated P4P fighter facing a Top 10 contender (:sas2:) in his hometown of Oakland.....and RNS puts his tickets on groupon?:dahell::damn:

There's no reason for that, they HAVE to increase their promotion of Andre Ward. This is one of the laziest things I've ever seen a promoter do to promote a fight:snoop:

I shouldn't be surprised though....for his last fight, they were selling his tickets thru a website who sells shoes (shoepalace.com):shaq2:

12718144_1180890095255894_2902444145262932400_n.jpg

The disrespect:scusthov:

:russ:

Tide Run This

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Garnet N Gold
How they gonna let you buy Air Max's + a ticket to the Ward/Barrera fight on a 2 for 1 discount:mjcry:

RNS aint shyt:to:

256343_453401678013286_493455769_o.jpg

A lot of these boxers getting fukked over by they promoting the marketing or I should say lack there of is stunning. I thought Zab had it bad scrambling down to Hot 97 to promote his fights weekoff but at this point that shyt be money. Zab in 06-07 had bigger buzz than 95 percent of the cats out these days and he was on a 4 fight winless streak.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I just think Ward couldve been a much bigger star given his talent. He strikes me as a guy who is pretty shrewd. The promotional issues may have been just as much on him as on Goosen. I havent been keeping up with the game much in the past couple of years but from what I can see, RNS isnt that good, particularly not when it comes to boxing. Nevertheless, part of the problem is the opponents they are bringing in for Ward. If he is P4P, he has to be fighting some better names at least. Beyond of his talent, he doesnt appear to be very marketable at all outside of Oakland.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio

Daniel Jacobs vs Sergio Mora 2 for the WBA "Regular" Middleweight Championship
Robert Easter Jr vs Richard Comney for the IBF Lightweight Championship
Travis Kauffman vs TBA

Not a bad card now considering the ticket prices @patscorpio

not at all...you going to that?