Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He's not throwing all those punches against mayweather
He couldn't even do it against mosley
Footwork, angles, counter punching and holding wouid stop all of that
And he walks in a straight Line, he's easy to hit, and has no alternative game plan.
Never saw the hype about him :yeshrug:
He lost the first 6 rounds against cotto with concrete in his fist:yeshrug:

If cotto held instead of backing up, he wouldn't of been so tired and he also wouldn't get hit as much. He actually would of beat him cheating and all lmao

How much hall of famers did he beat ??

What does Mosley have to do with this? Mayweather & Mosley fight nothing alike.

Mosley is a harder puncher than Mayweather. He's bigger and stronger than Margarito and spent significant time at 154.

Stylistically, I believe a past prime Shane would have nowhere near the problems Mayweather had with Maidana.

Remember, this is the Floyd Mayweather 2006 version. He was very tiny WW. Frail hands. You can't tell me the Floyd that fought Baldomir would have no problems whatsoever with Margarito. Honestly, I thought Floyd looked beatable during that 3 fight run leading up to his first retirement (Baldomir, Oscar, Hatton). He probably retired because he needed the break.

Last edited:

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
Ive said this before if he was cheating then why didnt the likes of clottey and punisher get bashed up by him? Welterweight division in the mid 00's was dope and Margarito was a legit threat and was making noise...nikkas are lying to themselves if they think this wasn't a fight to see during that time before all the other bullshyt..in 2006-2007 Margarito was a mean SOB who was hard to hurt and out work because of his volume..that was his rep
I wouldnt have mind seeing the fight back then myself. But being that he was found to be a cheater,fukk him and fukk that fight too. As far as you defending him and his cheating ways,that's despicable to me. But do you.
If he thought enough of mosley to cheat,despite him recently beating a guy (cotto) whom had beat mosley,it shows his cheating has no limitations.
I dont think he's earned a benefit of doubt at all.

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
@Knicksman20

nikkas used to jump all over me for saying ray ducked pryor. lol

they say it was cause his eye got injured or something. but some oldtimers tell me that ray still could've fought him at some point in time.

also I believe arguello probably lose to duran. as great of boxer he was he liked to stand in the pocket and exchange to much with heavy hitters.....if he would've moved better in the pryor fight he would have did much better imo. I feel he fell in love with his power sometimes to much.

Totally agree bro

keepemup

Banned
Daps
Young breh Shakur Stevenson gonna win another gold medal. He's got his own series of PowerAde commercials as well.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
I wouldnt have mind seeing the fight back then myself. But being that he was found to be a cheater,fukk him and fukk that fight too. As far as you defending him and his cheating ways,that's despicable to me. But do you.
If he thought enough of mosley to cheat,despite him recently beating a guy (cotto) whom had beat mosley,it shows his cheating has no limitations.
I dont think he's earned a benefit of doubt at all.
It's not like he didn't get karma for what he did..his eye and his prime got thrown in the bushes by pac...and he can barely licensed because of it..he's done lol

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
It's not like he didn't get karma for what he did..his eye and his prime got thrown in the bushes by pac...and he can barely licensed because of it..he's done lol
KArma came a lil but it think he deserves to die. Cotto should put some change on his feet

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If Kirkland gets back to that Ann Wolfe life I'm giving him a 70-80 percent chance of ko'ing Cotto

At least we KNOW he would be in shape, which is all I ask for. I just want James to give himself the best possible chance of winning.

With someone like Kirkland, who doesn't have a great chin, he has to be in great shape to take punches.

The odd thing about Kirkland is his chin is only terrible the first four rounds. He's cool past that.

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What does Mosley have to do with this? Mayweather & Mosley fight nothing alike.

Mosley is a harder puncher than Mayweather. He's bigger and stronger than Margarito and spent significant time at 154.

Stylistically, I believe a past prime Shane would have nowhere near the problems Mayweather had with Maidana.

Remember, this is the Floyd Mayweather 2006 version. He was very tiny WW. Frail hands. You can't tell me the Floyd that fought Baldomir would have no problems whatsoever with Margarito. Honestly, I thought Floyd looked beatable during that 3 fight run leading up to his first retirement (Baldomir, Oscar, Hatton). He probably retired because he needed the break.
:dahell: we'll agree to disagree fam
the pyscho maidana who fought broner and mayweather would definitely give a washed up shane problems
he struggled to a draw against Mora (i had him barely winnning but still) and he ran for his life against pacquaio and a young canelo.

floyd beat baldomir 12 nothing, hatton won a few rounds and got knocked out. against oscar floyd looked human because he was at 154 and oscar had a small ass ring and chose his gloves lol. still won 8 rounds or more.

i agree he retired cause he needed a break and cause he had messed up hands tho. mayweather been fighting bigger guys with his weight advantages his whole career thoughh why do you keep calling him tiny lmao

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
At least we KNOW he would be in shape, which is all I ask for. I just want James to give himself the best possible chance of winning.

With someone like Kirkland, who doesn't have a great chin, he has to be in great shape to take punches.

The odd thing about Kirkland is his chin is only terrible the first four rounds. He's cool past that.

i just cant see cotto handling that type of pressure well once it gets into the later rounds..but yeah he has to be in tiptop fighting shape for that to happen

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i just cant see cotto handling that type of pressure well once it gets into the later rounds..but yeah he has to be in tiptop fighting shape for that to happen

Both guys lost their last fights. I would rather they both take tuneups if this fight where to happen. However, from Team Cotto's perspective, they probably view James as a tuneup.

Let's be real here. If this fight gets made, he will have a fallen out & fire Anne Wolfe.

Last edited: