Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
lol that's why I never thought much of postol's win over bridesmaid....breh never steps up to big fights.:manny:

I forgot the "Bridesmaid" tag:heh:

Good enough to stand next to Champions.....never good enough to be one himself:banderas:

But yep, that's the same reason why I expect Crawford to clearly beat "the #1 Junior Welterweight" and take the reins of clear cut King of 140:obama:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
default-author-image.png
Michael Woods
Andre Berto eyes a Danny Garcia bout
Michael Woods
July 19, 2016

Andre-Berto-at-Mayweather-weighin-fukuda.jpg

WBC welterweight titleholder Danny Garcia needs a dance partner and it is nearing time when the Philly welter should hook up with an adversary.

The 28-year-old last gloved up in January and as RING-mate Mitch Abramson laid out for us, it’s likely he scraps on Showtime, Sept. 24.

So, the question is: Against whom?

Andre Berto seems a very likely candidate. He’s a name, is coming off a win and is about ready for a violent waltz, after besting Victor Ortiz in their rematch at the end of April.

I asked the 32-year-old Floridian, is he fighting Garcia?

“No word” on that, Berto said.

He isn’t sure if Team Garcia wants that face-off, he stated.

OK, but does he want to test himself against the ex-140-pound RING champ?

“Of course,” Berto replied.

Andre Berto eyes a Danny Garcia bout - Ring TV

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
default-author-image.png
Michael Woods
Andre Berto eyes a Danny Garcia bout
Michael Woods
July 19, 2016

Andre-Berto-at-Mayweather-weighin-fukuda.jpg

WBC welterweight titleholder Danny Garcia needs a dance partner and it is nearing time when the Philly welter should hook up with an adversary.

The 28-year-old last gloved up in January and as RING-mate Mitch Abramson laid out for us, it’s likely he scraps on Showtime, Sept. 24.

So, the question is: Against whom?

Andre Berto seems a very likely candidate. He’s a name, is coming off a win and is about ready for a violent waltz, after besting Victor Ortiz in their rematch at the end of April.

I asked the 32-year-old Floridian, is he fighting Garcia?

“No word” on that, Berto said.

He isn’t sure if Team Garcia wants that face-off, he stated.

OK, but does he want to test himself against the ex-140-pound RING champ?

“Of course,” Berto replied.

Andre Berto eyes a Danny Garcia bout - Ring TV

idk if I'm interested in that or not...
There would be some definitely better fight for Danny but it's also not the worst pick

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Basically, and nikkas is throwing around that Punisher fight like dude wasn't past it as hell at that point.

I don't know what's worse. Clottey not being able to stop Chico (RIP) or Lara not being able to stop that faded version of Paul.

realized i never responded to this..

paul wasn't past it..he fought like a fool though and lara fought with some fire for once..shyt had me vexed though because i thought he lost that fight..paul fought ishida after that and didn't look washed up

chico was done by the clottey fight and had shown greater signs of decline after the first castillo fight than paul after the first sergio fight

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
I thought Lara won a 8 rds to 4 type of fight. Maybe 115-113, at worst, but he won it clearly. It's just that he wasn't all that impressive. He would land clean and rock dude while outboxing him, but would then get outworked for certain stretches at a time. If Lara fought with more urgency he could have prolly gotten a stoppage.

Lara could have done what Andrade did to Nelson, but he only did just enough and it came back to bite him.

I haven't watched that fight in years.

I hardly ever rewatch Lara fights though.

yeah..the only fights in recent memory ive rewatched from him are the molina and angulo fights

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
realized i never responded to this..

paul wasn't past it..he fought like a fool though and lara fought with some fire for once..shyt had me vexed though because i thought he lost that fight..paul fought ishida after that and didn't look washed up

chico was done by the clottey fight and had shown greater signs of decline after the first castillo fight than paul after the first sergio fight

I gotta disagree fam. Paul was past it. He wasn't Chico in the Clottey fight level past it, but he wasn't in his prime nor peak form against Lara. His reflexes seemed to slip as well as the snap on his punches during that fight. He stayed competitive due to his workrate, but he ain't really show shyt else.

He looked decent against Ishida, but Ishida is a C level dude at best.

Punisher was like a A- type dude in his prime, so even while past it, he was still a level above a guy like Ishida and should be able to dominate him. (which he did)

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Coke Zero is good! :what:

Exactly my point breh, follow me:sas1:

Coke Zero is good (Zab/AB have won 74 of 85 career fights & won 9 Championships over 6 divisions between the 2 of em)......but not as good as the real Coca Cola (Sweet Pea/Floyd won 89 of 94 career fights & 14 Championships over 9 divisions between the 2 of em):mjpls:

:sas2:

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Exactly my point breh, follow me:sas1:

Coke Zero is good (Zab/AB have won 74 of 85 career fights & won 9 Championships over 6 divisions between the 2 of em)......but not as good as the real Coca Cola (Sweet Pea/Floyd won 89 of 94 career fights & 14 Championships over 9 divisions between the 2 of em):mjpls:

:sas2:
Honestly I'm picking them 50-50

sometimes this, sometimes that... :ehh:

Coke over Pepsi though I guess we can agree on that