Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Broner priced himself out.. now where Swift at? :demonic:

Don't wish for something you really don't want :ufdup:

keyMCWP.jpg

#swiftset :Swift1:

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Broner priced himself out.. now where Swift at? :demonic:

Everyone "prices" themself out according to Arum.......and since we on "Arum gon Arum", lets discuss the fact that Pacquiao is saying he hasn't had any discussions about his next fight :sas1:

Pacquiao: There is NO Truth To Reports That I'm Taking Leave - Boxing News

"There is no truth to media reports that I'm planning to take a leave from my sight again atop the ring. I want to make it clear - my priority is my legislative works.

My next fight has not yet been discussed. should there be any, I'll make sure it will not interfere with my senate duties.

When I ran for senator last may 9 elections, I made a promise to be present in all sessions.

manny-pacquiao_6.jpg

I owe it to the people.

If ever I decide to fight again, rest assured, it will happen when congress is on recess so there's no need for me to go on leave.

The entire training will be done in the Philippines to ensure I can attend sessions even while on training camp.

Boxing is my only means of livelihood to support my family and to help those who are in need.

Politics, to me, is a vocation not a means to eke out a living.

I want to maintain that belief. I want to keep my dignity intact while in public service.

May God continue to guide and bless all our endeavors."

Looks like Arum was telling :duck: again and was trying to use AB to lure Pac back out of retirement, because TR aint strong enough to make money without Pac actively fighting:sas2:

Pacquiao hasn't even DISCUSSED a fight yet, but yet, AB supposedly "overpriced himself" without Pac even seeing the offers or working to see if it could be manageable (i.e. If Pac was willing to take less money upfront in order to make the PPV fight against Broner & get the money off PPV sales)?:jbhmm:

Last edited:

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
Everyone "prices" themself out according to Arum.......and since we on "Arum gon Arum", lets discuss the fact that Pacquiao is saying he hasn't had any discussions about his next fight :sas1:

Pacquiao: There is NO Truth To Reports That I'm Taking Leave - Boxing News

"There is no truth to media reports that I'm planning to take a leave from my sight again atop the ring. I want to make it clear - my priority is my legislative works.

My next fight has not yet been discussed. should there be any, I'll make sure it will not interfere with my senate duties.

When I ran for senator last may 9 elections, I made a promise to be present in all sessions.

manny-pacquiao_6.jpg

I owe it to the people.

If ever I decide to fight again, rest assured, it will happen when congress is on recess so there's no need for me to go on leave.

The entire training will be done in the Philippines to ensure I can attend sessions even while on training camp.

Boxing is my only means of livelihood to support my family and to help those who are in need.

Politics, to me, is a vocation not a means to eke out a living.

I want to maintain that belief. I want to keep my dignity intact while in public service.

May God continue to guide and bless all our endeavors."

Looks like Arum was telling :duck: again and was trying to use AB to lure Pac back out of retirement, because TR aint strong enough to make money without Pac actively fighting:sas2:

Pacquiao hasn't even DISCUSSED a fight yet, but yet, AB supposedly "overpriced himself" without Pac even seeing the offers or working to see if it could be manageable (i.e. If Pac was willing to take less money upfront in order to make the PPV fight against Broner & get the money off PPV sales)?:jbhmm:

Whether or not manny decides to come back, it looks like Broner priced himself out. Its evident in his responses.. nothing to twist or spin.. Broner sounds real panicked in that twitter post.. Im sure he dont want that work :smugbiden:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
:mjpls:
But does #giftset want it?? Thats the question

Bob Arum talks of contacting Haymon about Danny Garcia for Pacquiao - Ring TV

Bob Arum talks of contacting Haymon about Danny Garcia for Pacquiao
Mitch Abramson
July 12, 2016

danny-garcia-vs-robert-guerrero-01-fukuda.jpg

Photo by: Naoki Fukuda

Bob Arum said he may reach out to Al Haymon to gauge the possibility of Danny Garcia facing Manny Pacquiao in his comeback fight later this year, the veteran promoter told RingTV.com on Tuesday night.

But Garcia is one of a number of interesting options. It ends up Pacquiao found it harder to retire than go through a grueling prizefight. The 38-year-old superstar, despite vowing he would walk away after his last match in April, is now itching to return this year, his longtime advisor, Michael Koncz and Arum both told RingTV.com.

“He misses the sport,” Koncz said in a phone interview. “You can tell when he’s training — he’s in a different world when he trains. It’s like all the pressure is off of him and enjoys it and smiles. It’s an outlet for him.”

Arum is looking to find a site and a date that will accommodate Pacquiao’s schedule as a Senator in the Philippines. He’s also trying to lock down a worthy opponent. In the absence of Adrien Broner, who Arum said priced himself out of the negotiations, the possibility of Garcia, the undefeated welterweight titleholder is suddenly an option, he said.

Arum had reserved the Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas for Oct. 15 for Pacquiao’s possible comeback but that will have to get pushed back as the Senate finalizes its national budget around that time. Arum is now looking at either Oct. 29 or Nov. 5 in Las Vegas on HBO PPV, and he listed the various MGM properties, as well as the Thomas & Mack Center as possible destinations. Broner seemed like such an enticing option for Pacquiao but the financials didn’t make sense. And a rematch with Floyd Mayweather Jr. also isn’t realistic at this time.

“Broner asked for an amount that I can’t afford that made no sense and so we passed him by, which let me tell you, saves about five years off of my life,” said Arum, who also referenced welterweight titleholder Jessie Vargas and 140-pound champion Terence Crawford as other candidates. But the idea of appealing to Haymon for Garcia’s services for Pacquiao is a delicious curveball.

“I might call Al Haymon for Danny Garcia because it wasn’t Al that (messed it up with Broner),” Arum said. “He couldn’t do anything about what the kid was asking.”

Pacquiao (58-6-2, 38 KOs) professed he was hanging up his gloves after his impressive victory over Timothy Bradley in April, though he seemed to hedge his bets when he said he was “50/50” on whether he was really retiring after the fight. It was his impressive effort that made his retirement talk hard to believe. And sure enough, Pacquiao is now hankering to return.

“His primary and most important concern at the moment is fulfilling his senatorial duties in the Philippines because when he ran to become Senator he took it seriously and continues to take it seriously,” Koncz said. “So he’s working closely with the Senate president to make sure if he does come back it won’t conflict with any of his obligations or duties and he doesn’t intend to have any absentees in the Senate.”

Koncz was particularly irked that Broner is no longer an option for Pacquiao, saying he lacked “male fortitude.” “I had a lot of respect for him as a boxer,” Koncz said. “But I lost a lot of respect for him as human being. He put himself so high out of the ballgame that we’re not even concerned anymore. We’re moving on. I was interested in the fight because I think Broner is a decent fighter. I think it would have been an entertaining fight for the fans. But you have to look at the economics. We’re not going to be held hostage by some young kid.”

Just how the game goes:manny:

If AB cant get em....Swift will:yeshrug:

But we all know it's gonna be Jessie Vargas, IF Pacquiao even returns which he's saying he has no intentions to do right now, so this whole song & dance is kind of :russell: at this point. I pray Im wrong and the next fight is either Pacquiao vs AB, Swift, Thurman, or Crawford....but the fact he even MENTIONED Jessie Vargas let's us know what time it is for real if Pac agrees to comeback.

I see you Arum:mjpls:

Last edited:

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
Adrien Broner’s trainer makes the case for AB vs. Pacquiao

Manny Pacquiao seems to be leaning beyond hard in the direction of returning to the ring, and deciding to continue to be the top multi-tasker in the pugilistic realm.

He was the Fighting Congressman and we’d bet he’ll fairly soon assume the role of the Fighting Senator, after snagging a seat in the May runoff in the Philippines.

An Oct. 15 date at Mandalay Bay has been rumored as his return slot, but his consigliere, Michael Koncz, told NYFIGHTS.com that week is a packed time frame in the Senate so we would probably see another Saturday serve as the landing pad for Manny’s post-retirement scrap.

And against who would he challenge himself? Adrien Broner is, or maybe was, lead dog for that opp. But his ask is too high, Koncz said.

Broner trainer Mike Stafford believes terms can still be met, and told me that his kid is the best – and really only – option for Pacman’s return.

“They probably will work it out, because nobody is going to watch Manny against Amir Khan. Khan is a bum,” :russ:Stafford told me. “He’s been knocked out too many times without knocking nobody else out and he’s a boring fighter. I know Khan is trying to cash out. He’s not worth watching! He doesn’t have a punch!” AB, Stafford continued, does. He had Shawn Porter buzzed and then stopped Khabib Allakhverdiev and Ashley Theophane.

Koncz didn’t care to delve into other options, when I asked if the Brit Khan, coming off a stoppage loss to Canelo Alvarez, was Plan B after Broner, for the record.

Stafford continued to build his case. “AB will fill the house,” he declared.

“Freddie Roach knows it’s a better matchup. Let’s do it, two top trainers and two top fighters, that’s what it’s all about. Plus we got more belts than Khan, he has nothing. AB deserves the money and the fame, he’s one of a kind. He came from nothing; people don’t understand the life he’s lived … he could have been dead or in jail. We need everyone to know that he’s really changed his life. If it wasn’t for me and boxing he wouldn’t be here today making history! I’m so tired of this bulls—t … he’s not out here selling drugs and using drugs, he’s clean! Let them know, he’s a loving person that God put on this earth. Quit effing with him!”

There you go, a fairly convincing and totally impassioned plea made by father figure Stafford about why his guy is the best man for the job. As per usual, it could come down dollars making the most sense. There is a new economic reality within the game, something of an austerity age. HBO has a reduced budget and Al Haymon has dialed back on the moneypalooza, but it’s not clear if all have received the memo. Without knowing total specifics, I’m thinking Broner could make twice his previous high, especially if a PPV does OK. The risk is high – Pacman would be favored to beat AB – but a win would send the Cincy-based boxer to another realm of stardom. And then he’d really be in a position to make bank, because he’d be the obvious choice to fight Floyd Mayweather.

why he had to slander khan from outta no where that tho:dead:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Adrien Broner’s trainer makes the case for AB vs. Pacquiao

Manny Pacquiao seems to be leaning beyond hard in the direction of returning to the ring, and deciding to continue to be the top multi-tasker in the pugilistic realm.

He was the Fighting Congressman and we’d bet he’ll fairly soon assume the role of the Fighting Senator, after snagging a seat in the May runoff in the Philippines.

An Oct. 15 date at Mandalay Bay has been rumored as his return slot, but his consigliere, Michael Koncz, told NYFIGHTS.com that week is a packed time frame in the Senate so we would probably see another Saturday serve as the landing pad for Manny’s post-retirement scrap.

And against who would he challenge himself? Adrien Broner is, or maybe was, lead dog for that opp. But his ask is too high, Koncz said.

Broner trainer Mike Stafford believes terms can still be met, and told me that his kid is the best – and really only – option for Pacman’s return.

“They probably will work it out, because nobody is going to watch Manny against Amir Khan. Khan is a bum,” :russ:Stafford told me. “He’s been knocked out too many times without knocking nobody else out and he’s a boring fighter. I know Khan is trying to cash out. He’s not worth watching! He doesn’t have a punch!” AB, Stafford continued, does. He had Shawn Porter buzzed and then stopped Khabib Allakhverdiev and Ashley Theophane.

Koncz didn’t care to delve into other options, when I asked if the Brit Khan, coming off a stoppage loss to Canelo Alvarez, was Plan B after Broner, for the record.

Stafford continued to build his case. “AB will fill the house,” he declared.

“Freddie Roach knows it’s a better matchup. Let’s do it, two top trainers and two top fighters, that’s what it’s all about. Plus we got more belts than Khan, he has nothing. AB deserves the money and the fame, he’s one of a kind. He came from nothing; people don’t understand the life he’s lived … he could have been dead or in jail. We need everyone to know that he’s really changed his life. If it wasn’t for me and boxing he wouldn’t be here today making history! I’m so tired of this bulls—t … he’s not out here selling drugs and using drugs, he’s clean! Let them know, he’s a loving person that God put on this earth. Quit effing with him!”

There you go, a fairly convincing and totally impassioned plea made by father figure Stafford about why his guy is the best man for the job. As per usual, it could come down dollars making the most sense. There is a new economic reality within the game, something of an austerity age. HBO has a reduced budget and Al Haymon has dialed back on the moneypalooza, but it’s not clear if all have received the memo. Without knowing total specifics, I’m thinking Broner could make twice his previous high, especially if a PPV does OK. The risk is high – Pacman would be favored to beat AB – but a win would send the Cincy-based boxer to another realm of stardom. And then he’d really be in a position to make bank, because he’d be the obvious choice to fight Floyd Mayweather.

why he had to slander khan from outta no where that tho:dead:
The Khan slander:russ:

I really want to know how much, if anything, they offered AB. I bet they asked him how much he wants, he probably responded with $10 million, and then they ran off to use it as an excuse to fight Vargas. Nobody is reporting WHAT was offered at all to AB.